What's new

4 link angle

dodge2g

Member Number
How do you find the angle of triangulation? Like the angle of my triangulated upper links?

It's a triangle, so a bit of trig. Figure out one side and double it to get the angle between them.

It's a triangle, so a bit of trig. Figure out one side and double it to get the angle between them.
is there an equation for that?

Also what is ¨convergence angle¨'on your 4 link calculator?

Thank you.

is there an equation for it?
What exactly are you trying to do? If you just want the angle for shits and grins get an angle finder and put it between both uppers. If you don't want to do that, you can vaguely approximate the angle with:

asin( distance between chassis pivots / upper link length )

This calculator will throw out a degrees value:

What exactly are you trying to do? If you just want the angle for shits and grins get an angle finder and put it between both uppers. If you don't want to do that, you can vaguely approximate the angle with:

asin( distance between chassis pivots / upper link length )

This calculator will throw out a degrees value:

Im just trying to make sure i have enough angle in my upper links. By distance between chassis pivots / upper link length, do you mean how far my links are from each other on the frame rails/link length, or the distance from my frame mount to alxe mount/ the length of the link.

Thank you for your help.

Is that’s in the calculator? I don’t see that.
1696469495936.png

Sounds like OP needs to put down the welding helmet and do alot more reading on the subject to get an understanding of these things....
Nah bro you just cut grind weld and grind(a lot more)then realize it isn't going to work then sell it off for dirt cheap to one of us who can use the parts for something else:flipoff2:

Top Back Refresh