What's new

3.4 alt moved to pax side of motor Tuesday question

Slander

Team no stickys
Member Number
Loc
Hickory, NC
So I can't stand having the PS steering on the pax side of the motor on my 3.4, huge pita for running hoses and finding a place for the res IMO. Has anyone ever swapped the location of the alt and ps pump? Tell me how dumb of an idea this is.

seems like a lot of work for something you cant see when the hood is shut. spend your efforts linking it

So I can't stand having the PS steering on the pax side of the motor on my 3.4, huge pita for running hoses and finding a place for the res IMO. Has anyone ever swapped the location of the alt and ps pump? Tell me how dumb of an idea this is.
what's the real issue? Hoses are typically minor inconveniences.

My PSC reservoir is mounted to the core support next to the air box... I think. Haven't seen the truck in 13 months. :laughing:

what's the real issue? Hoses are typically minor inconveniences.

My PSC reservoir is mounted to the core support next to the air box... I think. Haven't seen the truck in 13 months. :laughing:
It's mostly getting a res mounted somewhere as the air cleaner, intake tube and cruise control parts occupy almost all the real estate on that side of the motor. Also running the hoses under the motor sucks. And no I'm not removing the cruise control stuff.:flipoff2:

you may be overthinking this... moving Alt/PS is way harder than running hoses. And a PSC res will fit between your airbox and core.

you may be overthinking this... moving Alt/PS is way harder than running hoses. And a PSC res will fit between your airbox and core.
Devil's advocate what's the hard part about making brackets and extending the power cables for the alt?

Devil's advocate what's the hard part about making brackets and extending the power cables for the alt?
compared to routing (or using exiting) HP and LP lines?

Way hard.

Stock, looking to upgrade to a larger one when I install my hydro assist over the winter
Ok, so no assist at all right now, Tomorrow I'll send a pic, it's not a big deal on the pass side. mine is 97 4runner 3,4

20231106_141209.jpg
20231106_141200.jpg
20231106_141156.jpg

Seems pretty simple it was a kit, but your probably using the stock pump?

Mine is and upgraded pump, and the Resi has a short large diameter hose that dumps right into it, the reservoir bracket bolts to the fenderwell.

It's really a simple swap, and has been reliable I need to change the fluid, also this is my daily driver, the wife and I put 150 miles on it yesterday 20 trail miles, and the freeway out and back.

Top Back Refresh