What's new

22r Propane with Offenhauser intake

kschaper75

Weak and Powerless
Member Number
Loc
Raleigh NC
I have the Gotpropane kit mostly installed. Hit a snag when going to hook up the coolant lines. Normal way is to just remove the hose under the intake and use those ports. My truck was converted to a weber and Offenhauser intake so the port on the timing cover is blocked. How do I hook up the coolant hoses and maintain my heater core?

Can you run a hose across and hook it to the heater core out hose with a y adapter that's like what's used for a tank-type engine heater?

Can you run a hose across and hook it to the heater core out hose with a y adapter that's like what's used for a tank-type engine heater?
That's what I'm coming up with. I'll also need to source the pipe that was removed from the timing cover. I see got propane carries the Y just don't want to spend 22 on shipping on a $7 part.

That's what I'm coming up with. I'll also need to source the pipe that was removed from the timing cover. I see got propane carries the Y just don't want to spend 22 on shipping on a $7 part.
Go to your local independent ag mechanic. They've either got a pile on the shelf, or in the trash when they install them on open station tractors. If you want one, I may be able to send you one for the cost of a flat-rate envelope.

Go to your local independent ag mechanic. They've either got a pile on the shelf, or in the trash when they install them on open station tractors. If you want one, I may be able to send you one for the cost of a flat-rate envelope.
I'll swing on down to tractor supply. Not many ag mechanics in the area I live in. Appreciate the offer

Can I use a regular t or does it need to be a Y? I'm finding a lot of 3/4" tee fitting and I put a reducer on it to go down to 5/8.

I like the idea of a y better as it ensure the flow doesn't reverse/stop in most applications.

How about NAPA part numbers KAT 28110 or KAT 28111? They are 3/4-5/8-5/8 and 1/2-5/8-5/8 respectively. My local napa has them listed at $9-10 dollars, depending on which one, and the 28110 is in stock. Perhaps NAPA can help you out.
O'Reilly's lists a Murray part number of 84757 that is a 3/4 to 5/8 Y. A little more money at $12

Hope that helps.

Appreciate all the help. I should be able to work with the napa parts. Only other issue is where to run the other port. My intake has a large plug on the end under the carb. Having issues finding the pipe that goes into the timing cover

I ran (until recently) an Offy dual port 4bbl intake on a 22R until I switched to a 20R. I had a plug on the bottom under the carburetor that went into the water side of the manifold. Do you not have a similar port going into a water passage? I think I had the same timing cover port plugged and used this one for the heater core.

I have that and the heater core runs into it . I'm referring to the big port in the center
Screenshot_20210831-194329_Chrome.jpg

Are you using the port under the thermostat for the temp switch, or are you using another? You could use that one if not, or install a tee fitting in that port and put the switch in that with a hose barb on the other end of the tee.

Top Back Refresh