What's new

2024 Supercross/motocross thread

How do you break a toe in 500 dollar boot?:flipoff2:

Ken was so fast in the first couple laps it blows me away! if we didn't fade in the second half every race he would be untouchable

How do you break a toe in 500 dollar boot?:flipoff2:

Ken was so fast in the first couple laps it blows me away! if we didn't fade in the second half every race he would be untouchable
had a client who raised street bikes as a (very expensive) hobby. Got into an accident and split his boot and foot lengthwise...

STOCK liter bikes go 200+mph. Ken crashed going maybe 35mph?
sure... Just saying that boots aren't perfect.

Weird stuff happens...

IIRC, client said he was at around 110-120mph when the accident occurred... messed him up for a while.

sure... Just saying that boots aren't perfect.

Weird stuff happens...

IIRC, client said he was at around 110-120mph when the accident occurred... messed him up for a while.

I remember internet post circa 2000 were a street biker crashed and went through a taco bell, his foot was cut off and was in the ceiling tiles. Weird stuff sure does happen at crazy speeds! I have no self control, that's why I sold my 1190 ktm:laughing:

I remember internet post circa 2000 were a street biker crashed and went through a taco bell, his foot was cut off and was in the ceiling tiles. Weird stuff sure does happen at crazy speeds! I have no self control, that's why I sold my 1190 ktm:laughing:
ooof.

At least this accident was on a track in a sanctioned race... but still.

IIRC, he sold over $100k of Ducati's and bought the fasted Porshe he could find. :lmao:

I jammed my boot into something a rut at the track maybe(?), whatever it was, it was a fast section
It grabbed my toe at the G-out, buttom of a big hill up a 4th going to 5th gear shift.
it split my boot from sole, over the top back to the sole stitching again

my foot was fine, but I was boot shopping after that one.

I have also had a doctor tell me in that I should have been wearing boots getting my toe worked on
I told him that I was wearing boots, THAT was through the boots :laughing:
anyway, I did as much soft tissue damage as you can to before taking the tow off

I fell, somehow got my foot in the tumble between a rock and the bottom of the bike (skid plate?) as it was tumbling with me
I know I got it good when it just went numb, I knew that I wasn't getting back into my boots if I got out of them so I finished the day riding.
When I got home, my toe was taking blood, but not returning so it was acting like a water balloon:barf:

So, I can confirm, you can break stuff in 500.00+ boots :laughing:

Motorcycles are dangerous kids

I'm shocked he wants to do that after what Jett did last year. He can't need the money.

AC and AP were the only factory riders racing Jett outdoors last year. Jett is good no questions but he will not have another perfect season.

AC and AP were the only factory riders racing Jett outdoors last year. Jett is good no questions but he will not have another perfect season.
The rest seem to be figuring his speed out. Tomac has always been better outdoors than SX. Tomac always seemed to just muscle his way to the front.

Anyone going to Nationals?

I think I am going to catch Washougal this year with the kid

Bad weather rolling in, saying to evacuate the stadium. Crazy shit.

Nobody seems to be in much of a hurry to get out though :laughing:

PXL_20240512_010356903.jpg

Jett Lawrence gets the #1 plate. As much as I never cared for Webb, kudos for riding through a thumb injury (torn ligament) just in case something happened to Jett and still get on the podium.

Hampshire finally got his #1 plate in the west and Vialle in the east. Was looking shaky for Vialle after barely making it out of his heat race. Surprising since he was already a 2x world champ.

Anderson vs the Lawrence bros, wonder if that will carry on to the outdoors :laughing: Hunter running Anderson off track while being lapped was low. Cost Anderson the chance to pass Webb to get on the box and gain another spot in the year end points.

I do wish Anderson would do a better job of staying off of other peoples' shit lists. I was unimpressed with Hunter pulling that move, but Ando is drawing a lot of attention to himself with all of his Barcia tactics and people not letting him get away with it is what he's going to keep getting unfortunately.

No particular reason for it, but I was kind of rooting for Kitchen over Hampshire, though Hampshire clearly deserves his win and has earned it. Good on him!
I was also rooting for Sackadoo > Vialle because I cannot stand Vialle's nasally frog voice, but that didn't work out either, did it? :lmao:

Top Back Refresh