What's new

2024 KRX 1000 ES

For what it’s worth, I’ve raced utvs in Ultra4 for quite some time now and all of them had at least some self tapper screws on the umhw skids. Never had any issues with that. The only issue I had was rubbing those things so thin that they end up tearing/falling off but I doubt you’ll have that issue.

Put about 60 miles in today with NEVERLIFT. We wanted to go farther but one of the guys with us was in a new Mule and he was getting his ass kicked so we detoured back to the trucks to drop him off before heading back out.
IMG_2065.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg

IMG_2067.jpeg
IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2069.jpeg

Put about 60 miles in today with NEVERLIFT. We wanted to go farther but one of the guys with us was in a new Mule and he was getting his ass kicked so we detoured back to the trucks to drop him off before heading back out.
IMG_2065.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg

IMG_2067.jpeg
IMG_2068.jpeg

IMG_2069.jpeg
finally some SXS s are tied down with a purpose. i see a shit ton around here with motorcycle stap front and back at most.
looks like fun for sure.

I think I have those same straps. I use them when hauling in the toy hauler and on my 12' single axle trailer with a rail. One the gooseneck when hauling multiples I use the wheel lassos. :grinpimp:

I don’t mess around with half ass tie downs. Almost lost a jeep a few years ago using regular 2” straps with the normal hooks

and i bet each strap has a safe working load of 3k if i recall. anything worth doing is worth over doing when it comes to load securement ....

IMG_7078.jpeg

I’m partial to the wheel bonnets. They put very little force on anything. It’s a game of inches to get all this on a 14’ trailer, and I couldn’t do it if the straps needed to stretch out.

All that being said, it’s not looking like this little trailer is surviving unscathed—little bit of bend there at the axle, so maybe only a fool would do what I do.

Looks like it’s only a 3,500lb axle. Not sure how heavy your trailer is but I bet my KRX is creeping up against 2,000lbs when it’s loaded with my gear. You’re probably right at the GVW limit of that little trailer. That being said. When I had my little single axle trailer it lived its whole life overloaded and everything was fine.

We’re making the trip to KOH this winter and I’m planning on loading the KRX and the RZR 800 in my 18’ trailer. If my math is correct I should be able to get the RZR on the front sideways but it’s going to take some creative tie downs. I’ll probably end up using the wheel straps for that.

Does anyone know how close is too close for LEDs to a radio antenna? I'm looking to add a chase bar to the back of the KRX but I am concerned with radio interference since my antenna is mounted to the back of the cage on the driver side near the roof line.

Does anyone know how close is too close for LEDs to a radio antenna? I'm looking to add a chase bar to the back of the KRX but I am concerned with radio interference since my antenna is mounted to the back of the cage on the driver side near the roof line.
I think feedback through the vehicles electrical is the bigger problem

I do get a little engine noise in the intercom but I also had that on my general so I assume its a normal thing. I learned about LED interference the hard way by installing LED bulbs in my garage door openers at the house. took me about 6 months to figure out why I could only get the door open when I was parked right in front of it.

If the LED is under the antenna level it is fine. You mainly want to keep the area around the sides of the antenna whip clear of obstructions, especially if the obstructions are conductors.

Got a few things done today. The big one was the class 1 motor mounts. The stock ones are pathetic and already had some sag in them. The 2 on the sides were pretty easy. The rear transmission mount on the other hand was a pain in the beanbag.

I got the limit straps on the rear. I’m not crazy about them but cheap insurance I guess if I ever have a complete shock failure. One cool thing I noticed was that they addressed the typical shock body wear issue with a wear sleeve on the 24 model. I added a little more preload after noticing that the springs had settled a little bit. I’ll toss some pics of the spring part numbers for reference later if I need it.

NEVERLIFT and I did a test fit with his rzr on my 18’ trailer to make sure we could get them both on the deck when we head to KOH and it looks like things will fit. However, it’s a little wide at 104” but who’s counting?

IMG_2213.jpeg
IMG_2214.jpeg
IMG_2217.jpeg
IMG_2218.jpeg
71883151430__CA64C821-66E1-4853-8030-00C8420DDC0D.jpeg
71883138776__A08D29C1-A0B5-4841-A46C-F310B3EFD560.jpeg
8E9355D8-2517-470D-8642-BF6FAA9C2B5C.jpeg

71882268627__D2048CA6-DB04-49C8-8944-CDC8E41413FD.jpeg
71882301286__3D738D64-28B8-4D21-8D24-B6959E992CAD.jpeg

does anyone have any experience with tuning for these KRXs? I need to get that exhaust put on and I don't want it running too lean especially since everything new has already been neutered by the EPA and doesn't get enough fuel.

I haven’t personally done it, but I’ve heard the answer is the Power Commander.

What kind of tank range are you guys seeing with the KRX?

Looks like it’s only a 3,500lb axle. Not sure how heavy your trailer is but I bet my KRX is creeping up against 2,000lbs when it’s loaded with my gear. You’re probably right at the GVW limit of that little trailer. That being said. When I had my little single axle trailer it lived its whole life overloaded and everything was fine.
I missed this way back when. My little trailer is a 5k unit, but is super lightweight. It apparently doesn’t like all that weight all the way at the tail—there are deflection points at both the spring hangers. Looking like I need to pull the outermost trailer boards, rig up a straightening setup, and box that 4” c-channel from the front hanger to the back. That’s a bit of a job, and I’m shockingly lazy. We’ll see if I get that done this winter.

What kind of tank range are you guys seeing with the KRX?
It really depends how your riding. I can typically get about 100 miles around here in a day with some fuel to spare. My average speeds are pretty low though since the trails are tight for the most part

good info. I will definitely need to figure out spare fuel storag

good info. I will definitely need to figure out spare fuel storage.
We usually ride 70-100 or so miles when we go (Sanderson or Buffalo into Roane Co and back or HMT stuff). My buddies KRX's usually have about 1/4 tank or so left. Granted it's usually tighter trails, with some road time and open trails. Never any throttle fests. They usually carry a couple extra gallons.

Reset my ride height twice in the last couple days trying to get it perfect. These stock springs suck ass. I added the front limit straps finally and also a Tusk bed tie down plate. Now I don’t have 6 straps crossed over everything the “tailgate” I ordered will be here Thursday and I’ll throw that on. next time I actually ride it will be at KOH. I’ve started packing stuff and we’re headed out on the 26th.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Reset my ride height twice in the last couple days trying to get it perfect. These stock springs suck ass. I added the front limit straps finally and also a Tusk bed tie down plate. Now I don’t have 6 straps crossed over everything the “tailgate” I ordered will be here Thursday and I’ll throw that on. next time I actually ride it will be at KOH. I’ve started packing stuff and we’re headed out on the 26th.
Are you sure that you havent lost nitrogen charge causing a lower ride height? I'd buy a set of the fox caps with shrader vales on them and replace the needle style stock ones on your reservoirs and have somebody at KOH put 200 PSI in them if you dont have the means to yourself.

There are quite a few vids out there regarding that happening, I definitely plan to have new caps installed on my junk when I send the shocks out to be refreshed.

Reactions: DMG
Couple vids from D3 offroad dropping a little knowledge... His wife's rearview isnt bad either. :grinpimp:

Vid showing the effects that nitrogen charge has on ride height -

Vid showing the bypass cap switched for Schrader Valve -

I’ve got the stuff to charge them. I might stick a needle in them and check today. Clock is ticking for me. I go back to work Wednesday and my first day off we’re leaving for KOH. I’ve already considered trying to coordinate with shock therapy to need them in hammertown for a spring kit

Update. I attempted to use a needle to check one shock. Turns out that the live valve shocks don’t have the rubber plug like other shocks I’ve dealt with. There is just a screw and an o-Ring in there.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I ordered a set of marked motorsports caps.

I’d like to know how Fox even charges them from the factory.

I ended up scabbing one of the schrader valves from my needle fill kit and tapping the cap to 1/8 NPT so one shock has pressure in it.

I ordered a set of marked motorsports caps.

I’d like to know how Fox even charges them from the factory.

I ended up scabbing one of the schrader valves from my needle fill kit and tapping the cap to 1/8 NPT so one shock has pressure in it.
I probably need to check this on my KRXs but I'm a bit 'tarded when it comes to coilovers. Do the replacement caps offer any advantage over just installing schraders on all 4 like yours is now?

Top Back Refresh