What's new

2023 Dead Pool

Stephen Gould, a tenor who after a detour into musical theater established himself as a leading interpreter of the operas of Richard Wagner in performances at the Bayreuth Festival in Germany and elsewhere, died on Tuesday in Chesapeake, Va. He was 61.
His death was confirmed by his longtime agent, Stephanie Ammann. Early this month Mr. Gould announced on his website that he had bile duct cancer, that the disease was terminal and that he was retiring from singing.
The Bayreuth Festival paid tribute to him on its website after that announcement.
“Stephen Gould was, with interruptions, one of the mainstays of the Bayreuth Festival from 2004 to 2022,” the festival’s post said. “Highly esteemed by audiences, the press and within the festival family, he was rightly dubbed the ‘Wagner Marathon Man’ and thrilled audiences with his distinctive voice and condition in countless performances.”

Damn. I've known the guy 27 years and I find out about his death here on ibb. Great guy and quick to laugh, he loved a good whiskey I think Glenmorangie was his go to. One of the last times we talked I congratulated him on earning the title Kammersanger and he laughed it off like it was winning a carnival game. You will be missed big man. Pour one out in his honor fellas. R.I.P.

Mike Henderson, Bluegrass band SteelDrivers founder, co-writer w/Chris Stapleton who made iconic songs- 70

Singer Terry Kirkman, founding member of the 60's folk-rock group The Association~ 83

Brooks Robinson-86

3rd baseman for the Baltimore Orioles.
IMG_3054.jpeg

Was a pretty fair 3rd baseman :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Top Back Refresh