What's new

2023 Dead Pool

Tony Bennet @ 96
We had him in The Pearl in 2011, and his FOH engineer said to me "An 85 yo Tony Bennett is still better than most singers will ever be."

This gig was also unique in that there was no monitor engineer, the FOH mixed the sound the band could hear via 4 flown Meyer MSL 4's, (wish I had a pic of that.

Anyway, RIP to one of the all time greats.

2011-07-24 Tony Bennett (10).JPG

Jim Scoutten from Shooting USA

I used to like his show back when I had cable. I remember watching him clear back when we first got cable in the 90s.

New Jersey attorney Miles Feinstein who represented mobsters & tv stars~ 82

Musician/bassist Brad Houser who co-founded Edie Brickell and New Bohemians~ 62

Rest In Peace Sinéad O'Connor

I didn't agree with your politics, but I read you lost a kid to suicide, and I wouldn't want to carry that for anything.

I read it was her 17-year-old son. Killed himself last year.

A friend of mines 16-year-old son shot and killed himself 16 years ago. My friend Jay made it 3 years before he decided to go join Noah and shot and killed himself too.

I can't blame him. He was a shell of his former self. I thought he was out of the woods after 3 years. I was wrong.

It was just him and Noah. His wife (Noah's mom) left jay and moved to Mississippi when Noah was 11 or 12. Noah stayed with Jay, and they were best friends.

What is a trip is I was visiting their graves (I pass the cemetery every day) and buried a few feet away are another father/son suicide pair I knew. The dad was my gutter/garage door subcontractor for years. I heard his son killed himself and then the dad followed suit. I did not realize they were sharing ground with Jay and Noah.

Jay was my paint contractor, but we became friends and hunted and went to car shows and such.

Bill Cunningham started his career as a singer, landed a gig as an original voice for Ken during the 60's~ 92

He served on a minesweeper during WW2- :usa:

Lawyer turned writer Justin Peacock of Suits & The Lincoln Lawyer fame~ 52

Top Back Refresh