Member Number
2003 Ford excursion.
7.3 power stroke- 300,000 miles
Transmission replaced at apx 210,000
Brand new batteries
Limited 4x4
Wear and tear in a few seats
Ac, heat, windows, door locks, etc all work good
Completely repainted in 2019 due to clear coat peel.
Runs good
Small oil drip when parked
Needs tires
Smogged yesterday
Current registration
Clean title in my name
Spare is on driver rear torn sidewall on original

Edit—forget to mention that there is a crack in the windshield.

Sale on hold.
Gonna have it detailed, tires and a few other things handled so it’s turn key for buyer.

Last edited:
IMG_8838.jpeg

Is it reliable? Would you throw your wife in it to drive across country? Rust? Interior pics of the worst of it?

Very very interested... what part of ca?

Is it reliable? Would you throw your wife in it to drive across country? Rust? Interior pics of the worst of it?

Very very interested... what part of ca?
This excursion has been super reliable since the first day I purchased it for my dad and I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it anywhere.

I’ve been holding onto it for over 1.5 years in hopes my dad would pull his irresponsible head outta his ass so I could give it back to him, but that effort has failed, so it’s getting sold.

It does have 300k on it, so anything is possible, but I don’t see any immediate or obvious concerns.

I’ll snag some interior pics, but it’s truly not bad at all.
Zero rust. Been in this area since new.

I’m in galt.

—-It needs tires. That would be my only concern—-

Good.

Im still trying to replace totalgirlfriends tahoe and 7.3 excursions were pretty much off the list because of price.

Better off with you cause ill just bounce 3 deer a month off it.

Im waiting for pics of interior and stuff but the wife is on board. If I end up with it and it doesnt work out for us, ill offer it up here or to you for whatever im into it for first.

It’s a good thing you already have a 7.3 2BB. Wife has been acclimated already.

I rode in a 2012 6.7 down to Florida and back. then an hour later driving a 2001 7.3 had me wanting earplugs.

Good price. The rusty v10 ex I try to keep together was close to that in 2015 with 150k

It’s a good thing you already have a 7.3 2BB. Wife has been acclimated already.

I rode in a 2012 6.7 down to Florida and back. then an hour later driving a 2001 7.3 had me wanting earplugs.

Good price. The rusty v10 ex I try to keep together was close to that in 2015 with 150k
I dd a 6.7 and yes its much quieter in comparison but a stock 7.3 or one with at least a good muffler isnt bad.

Im passing on the excursion. Its still a great deal but will end up out of my extra vehicle budget by a bit once I get it to where it will make my wife happy and work for me.

But total newb you should totally buy it!!! Way cooler then some worn out tahoe

Got tires mounted and balanced, all detailed and cleaned up. Forgot how good this damn thing looked:lmao:

Was driving it and randomly started running like complete dogshit. Swapped the fuel filter and it was running fine again. Drove it around for a couple days and it will randomly start running like dogshit.

I don’t have time to fuck with it, so it’s been sitting at a good buddy’s shop.

So mine randomly runs like complete dog shit when it gets to 4qts low on oil.... maybe double check that?

Or maybe you have an algae problem in your fuel from setting
The oil was changed prior to all this happening. I checked it multiple times because it sounds like a common problem.

I never thought about algae. I’m gonna shoot my buddy a text and have him check the tank.

Top Back Refresh