What's new

20% off HOBO Generators

Those inverter gensets are great on fuel consumption as well. We use the 3500 at our deer camp. It runs 24 hours a day for a week at a time with no fuss. it's nice, quite, and sips fuel.
How much fuel would you estimate you go through in a typical weekend of full-time use?

We're considering one of these for our deer camp, as our current 6500 subaru-powered generator is throwing a glitter party in the oil and I'm not leaving my 6500 generac out there all year. The generac also doesn't get quite the fuel mileage as the subaru or predator we've run in the past.

The last Predator generator we had out there was outstanding, and is why I'd like to get another one. I believe it was also 6500w, and I could count on it needing right around 15 gallons for the weekend running non-stop, powering our little cabin running AC all day in 100 degree heat. Winters barely use 10 gallons.

How much fuel would you estimate you go through in a typical weekend of full-time use?
I run a 3500 hobo inverter, the only real neg is the tank is pretty small. I fill it before bed between 10 and 11. it runs out between 5 and 6. so about 7 hours. light load also, just a small roof air or portable electric heater. ymmv

We're considering one of these for our deer camp, as our current 6500 subaru-powered generator is throwing a glitter party in the oil and I'm not leaving my 6500 generac out there all year. The generac also doesn't get quite the fuel mileage as the subaru or predator we've run in the past.

The last Predator generator we had out there was outstanding, and is why I'd like to get another one. I believe it was also 6500w, and I could count on it needing right around 15 gallons for the weekend running non-stop, powering our little cabin running AC all day in 100 degree heat. Winters barely use 10 gallons.
Friday through Sunday last weekend- went through maybe 10 gallons. Keep in mind it is winter so the load was light.

I run a 3500 hobo inverter, the only real neg is the tank is pretty small. I fill it before bed between 10 and 11. it runs out between 5 and 6. so about 7 hours. light load also, just a small roof air or portable electric heater. ymmv
Those small portable heaters can have some high draw. I have used a small table top one in the past that was 1400w. my fuel consumption probably doubles with it plugged in on high.

Those small portable heaters can have some high draw. I have used a small table top one in the past that was 1400w. my fuel consumption probably doubles with it plugged in on high.
I do notice quite a drop in mileage when running space heaters. I don't typically run electric heaters though. When it gets too cold inside I will fire up a kerosene heater and let that run all night, or until I wake up sweating and go shut it off.

Is there a reason to get the invertor one?

In the near future I plan on adding solar and batteries. It is in an area that will have snow so at times the panels will not be producing, so i will be running the generator.
Fuel consumption, engine wear and noise.
Less RPM when needed lowers all three.

Every Honda anything I've ever had just works. That's why I bought it. Can't remember the funny name of the unit. .. Kipor? I beleive. It was real nice,electric start, motor ran good. Started it a couple times a year and used non-ethanol fuel. Fucking thing didn't put out power when I needed it to. Pulled it apart fixed it an sold it.

I only use it for emergency power so fuck that noise. I need something dependable.

It was $600 new.
photo51496.jpg
Loncin made Kipor?
The HF 3500 inverter and Northern Powerhorse 3500 and Echo Bearcat 3500 are Loncin.

1674256783523.png

I added a vacuum fuel pump and marine connector to run mine of the toy hauler gas tank or 5 gal boat tank.

risMBFKes7sE1M1-wQOsQpx9g=w1204-h904-no?authuser=0.jpg

KGRWiqcLffB9vSPvoQDwNB0Ag=w1204-h904-no?authuser=0.jpg

I just copied penneles power sports kit basically.
Watch this video and replicate it as you see fit. I had trouble drawing from the toy hauler tank with the generator in the truck bed so I added a 12v solenoid pump powered from the front DC port. It turns off when the engine stops, a safety feature I think.

I can post some Amazon links if needed.

Hey there dick head...because a the inverter generator I had is made by the same idiots that make these. I won't be cheaping out on one ever again. It ran but failed when I needed it. And fuck you. I'll post what ever I want.

:lmao: You're such a silly ****

Fuel consumption, engine wear and noise.
Less RPM when needed lowers all three.

brantb what he said.
also it will play nicer with all your chargeing and whatever else your powering. the engine will adjust rpm based on load, thats how you save fuel and save engine wear. the inverter also keeps power fluctuations to what it would be with line power.
on a no invertor generator it just tries to run intended rpm at all time and when load are applied it can very the voltage/ hertz as it tries to adjust fuel for the power consumption. the power drops and spikes can damage sensitive electronics like computers and chargers.

you want an inverter generator. not worth getting a standard gen for the price diff between the lower model invertor. prolly easily save the cost difference in fuel over the life of the generator.

also i'd rather have a hf inverter gen than the stupid onan crap they put in all the travel trailers. i'm taking my gen out and going to only run a hf. pobly will get 2 2000 w and a bridge kit. only need to run one unless we need a/c then bridge them and crank the cool.

oh yeah and another reason to go invertor, you can bridge them to run together for double the power. to do that with a standerd gen head wouldn't be something worth while.

I just copied penneles power sports kit basically.
Watch this video and replicate it as you see fit. I had trouble drawing from the toy hauler tank with the generator in the truck bed so I added a 12v solenoid pump powered from the front DC port. It turns off when the engine stops, a safety feature I think.

I can post some Amazon links if needed.

I used this pump.
HIPA 24 393 16-S Fuel Pump 5-Feet... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019DXG4L8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
The QC fittings got screwy, I bought two and they didn't match types, one was Evinrude one was Yamaha I think.
I can't remember which one I used ultimately but here's what I ordered first.

Generator side
Moeller 033400-10... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MTB7JW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

RV side
SEACHOICE 20641 Fuel Connector... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N9NZ46?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Check valve
Check Valve, PVDF Wear-Resistant... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081YYV34K?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hose
iFJF 32-858104K08 Fuel Line Hose... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08L4XJY5B?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

12v low pressure pump for bad gravity situations. I just put this pump on the hose between the RV and the generator.
Inline Fuel Pump 12v Electric... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JPDZC4M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

12v plug for DC connector
Maxmoral Generator DC12V 3.9ft... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PKK563P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Hose tee barb
Black barb / barbed T / Tee... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZZJN8PR?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Brass female npt barb
Interstate Pneumatics FF45 Brass... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003AWEE0M?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Last edited:
I also removed all the charcoal filter Bullshit.

A buddy has the same Genny and complained if you over fill the tank it will fill that charcoal canister and flood the engine out. I ripped it all out and put plugs on all the ports.

Reactions: Ebs
Looks like the 8750 inverter predator is $960ish. Anyone have opinions on predator vs Wen? It will be running off propane and the wen is already dual fuel but is $1300. If the predator is better i will get it and buy the dual fuel conversion parts.

Looks like the 8750 inverter predator is $960ish. Anyone have opinions on predator vs Wen? It will be running off propane and the wen is already dual fuel but is $1300. If the predator is better i will get it and buy the dual fuel conversion parts.
The inverter will save you money in fuel, possibly be much more convenient with less frequent refueling. It is a little on the smaller side of 240v generators with a 7000 running watts rating.

If you have a load that needs the higher starting watts then the smaller generator you might want to think about a bigger generator.

It will be powering a hunting camp. There are a few lights, some outlets, a TV and maybe a fridge.

ETA: and a well. It is also wired for 220 which is why i am looking at the larger ones

Last edited:
It will be powering a hunting camp. There are a few lights, some outlets, a TV and maybe a fridge.
Inverter all the way. I think the 3500 might be a better fit really.
Maybe even a 2k?

Top Back Refresh