What's new

1st gen taco rear shocks and brake line

blakes

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Storm Mountain CO
I just got done with a 4" lift on my 1st gen taco. It's not going to be for wheeling, just my 7 mile dirt road commute.

Anyone have part numbers for an extended rear brake line and shocks? I figure it will be cheaper to just run some stock parts. Maybe something off a tundra or something.

Gabriel max control shocks are valved similarly to Bilstein shocks. The longest two shocks available are model # 77808 which has an 11.81" stroke and model # 77810 which has a 13.03" stroke.

As for an extended brake line for the rear use a Napa 36881. It threads into the stock line and is 11 inches long. I think the stock rubber line on the truck is 19”.

Last edited:
Running Bilstein 33-230443 on the rear of my lifted Tacoma. I did have to change the bushings on one end to Energy Suspension 9.8108G

I found part number 66646 that seems to work for rear shocks. 25" long 15" compressed with the L3 eyelets.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NS_66646?impressionRank=1&keywordInput=66646

I am getting them tomorrow and will report on what I think.

I am still looking for rear brake lines. I found one for a 2wd tacoma that would work, but the end is not exactly the same. Not sure I like Aisin's idea of combining brake lines. It would work tho...

Top Back Refresh