What's new

1989 Ford LGT14D ultimate mower build

Needs a heater for the feet to keep the flip flops goin during the plow season

Quick question, what lathe do you have? Looks nice and compact but useful

I also see your trailer is from Commifornia :flipoff2:

Needs a heater for the feet to keep the flip flops goin during the plow season

Quick question, what lathe do you have? Looks nice and compact but useful

I also see your trailer is from Commifornia :flipoff2:
That's my buddy's lathe, I think it's a Jet mini lathe. It worked pretty well for this job - only cost me a 12 pack.

Yes, my trailer is from Orlandi trailer in SJ.

I considered plumbing my tractor to use Power Beyond valving in the hydraulic lift system but figured that was overkill for this project. You generally let plow blades float when plowing so downward force is not really required. I used a fish scale to see what kind of force I was dealing with here.
Given your plans to move trailers, you need a 3 point hitch plumbed into your power beyond and a 3 point hitch receiver on that, then you don't need to get off of the seat to move trailers.
hitch-jpg.jpg

Otherwise, very cool build...

Aaron Z

Given your plans to move trailers, you need a 3 point hitch plumbed into your power beyond and a 3 point hitch receiver on that, then you don't need to get off of the seat to move trailers.
hitch-jpg.jpg

Otherwise, very cool build...

Aaron Z

Yeah I saw a few of those, I have a bigger tractor with a 3 point and I also have a forklift for sheer laziness while moving trailers. As said before my forklift weighs 6500lbs and while good on concrete and hardpack, sinks in soft soil so it's limited beyond my fence.

1677971496887.jpeg

1677971557864.jpeg

Badass little project man. Now I'm off to go look at old diesel yard tractors for sale :grinpimp:

had no idea ford made a diesel one of those! I have a diesel cub cadet. much fun.

I plowed the driveway today, while watching my public-sector neighbors clean off all their cars and then shovel their driveway by hand - because they are incapable of using the garage or thinking. It took them 2 hours. It took me 15 minutes. I hope they heard my 40 cubic inches of diesel awesomeness. I love this tractor.

Front one:

Back one:

I’m looking to replace the spindle bearings on my 48 inch deck. Can you tell me which ones you ordered from Amazon.? Or maybe the size? They are like 60 bucks from the stealership😡

I’m looking to replace the spindle bearings on my 48 inch deck. Can you tell me which ones you ordered from Amazon.? Or maybe the size? They are like 60 bucks from the stealership😡

This should be these bearings with the 25mm ID.

These are the 40mm ID for top section of I recall. It’s been a while.

I would measure the deck bearings and confirm. You can also get the number from the old bearing to confirm.

Top Back Refresh