What's new

1985 Toyota breaker breaker

Very cool

I don't even geek out too much on the 80s stuff, but I think it's rare enough to do it on the mild side, maybe not stock, but resto mod on 33s with a 3rz and keep the body off the rocks:homer:

I knew about the Breaker Breaker with the first gens, but never knew they did any for the second gen. Pretty cool!
Same, I thought it was only the 1st's. Shit, I think I'd rather have the one Add got, simply because I've never seen one. DOPE AF!!!!!

Same, I thought it was only the 1st's. Shit, I think I'd rather have the one Add got, simply because I've never seen one. DOPE AF!!!!!
The story is that it was a leftover kit for a first gen.They had 2 kits left and made two second gen breaker breakers before going out of business since the 4runner was already in full production from Toyota.

Safe to say it's one of the most rare 2nd gen pickups out there

Last edited:
The story is that it was a leftover kit for a first gen they had 2 left and madeb2 second gen breaker breakers before going out of business since the 4runnernwae already in full production from Toyota.

Safe to say it's one of the most rare 2nd gen pickups out there

You drunk or what? Do you even English bro? :flipoff2:

Got any more pictures of it? I want to see the backseat / bed area. Where did you have to drive to to get it?

Got any more pictures of it? I want to see the backseat / bed area. Where did you have to drive to to get it?
I had to go to Battle Ground WA to get it.

It's currently sitting in a storage unit in town. I unloaded it off the trailer, rolled it inside and locked the door. Haven't touched it since the day I brought it home.

Not gonna start fucking with it until I finish up my long travel custom cab. I hate having multiple projects going at once

I had to go to Battle Ground WA to get it.

It's currently sitting in a storage unit in town. I unloaded it off the trailer, rolled it inside and locked the door. Haven't touched it since the day I brought it home.

Not gonna start fucking with it until I finish up my long travel custom cab. I hate having multiple projects going at once

Ahhh what a tease :flipoff2: Super cool truck though. What are you wanting to do with it? Keep it stock or what?

Ahhh what a tease :flipoff2: Super cool truck though. What are you wanting to do with it? Keep it stock or what?
Well the original plan was a small lift, some hy steer, 33s, and my turbo tranny and 4.7 tcase.

They more I look at it and think about it, the more this truck deserves to be original stock (minus tranny and tcase).

I'm gonna replace the front springs because they're negative arch right now. Gonna still put my r151f and 4.7 case in. Keep it on 31s with a Detroit in the rear and just drive the hell out of it. This truck doesn't deserve to be bastardized with Chevy shit, and hysteer, and sliders etc....

It's gonna be a clean and mostly stock dd

Last edited:
That's exactly what i was hoping you would say 😂 I have an 84 xtra cab that I've had for 9 years now and its mostly stock on 31'a with a 4.7 t case. Super fun to daily and do light wheeling in.

Reactions: Add
So what is going on with this thing? We see your love for the Pre Bummer. Is this just sitting around?

So what is going on with this thing? We see your love for the Pre Bummer. Is this just sitting around?
PXL_20230415_203015312.jpg

Last week was the first time I even opened the storage unit door to look at it since the day I brought it home. I'm not gonna touch it until fall/winter. I want the bummer to be done before I start this.

I'm paying 190 bucks a month for a 10x17 storage unit to house it right now

You’ll need a bigger trailer to take them to the Long Beach meet in 2024.

My question begging to be axed. How the hell do you slither into the back seats??

Same as a 4runner. Fold the seat down
It it the same as the trekker?

My trekker had some cobbled up seat frame that actually tilted the whole seat into the dash. Way more usable room the the 4 runners for getting into the back seat.:smokin:

Top Back Refresh