What's new

1980 Ford F700 grain truck

Wades_76_cj7

RZR guy, NO I am not gay..
Member Number
Loc
KC MO
I mentioned it elsewhere but the widow lady I do side work for has a F700 grain truck sitting behind the barn that she has given me. it's a 370 4V, 5 speed truck. 2 speed rear I believe. single axle truck. 16' grain bed on it. 4' metal grain sides and floor. She said there is no title for it. She's not sure where it came from, her hubby died 10+ years ago now. She's tired of looking at it and wants it gone. Classic ran when parked thing, license expired in '12. I hate to scrap a complete truck but I don't have any use for a non title truck. What say the IBB? scrap it, pull the hoist, bed and PTO to re use/sell, cut the frame under the cab and fab up a gooseneck hitch and make a farmer dump trailer?

Tough call. That thing is slow.

Does Mo have a bonded title process? Might be best to get a title and running. Sell as is.

I mentioned it elsewhere but the widow lady I do side work for has a F700 grain truck sitting behind the barn that she has given me. it's a 370 4V, 5 speed truck. 2 speed rear I believe. single axle truck. 16' grain bed on it. 4' metal grain sides and floor. She said there is no title for it. She's not sure where it came from, her hubby died 10+ years ago now. She's tired of looking at it and wants it gone. Classic ran when parked thing, license expired in '12. I hate to scrap a complete truck but I don't have any use for a non title truck. What say the IBB? scrap it, pull the hoist, bed and PTO to re use/sell, cut the frame under the cab and fab up a gooseneck hitch and make a farmer dump trailer?
Get her the paperwork to file for lost title and have her sign it all and you pay for it, easy as possible on her end.
Get title and then take it off her hands.

Tough call. That thing is slow.

Does Mo have a bonded title process? Might be best to get a title and running. Sell as is.
Yeah it's gonna suck for sure to drive anywhere.

she is 81 and her memory slips quite a bit. She told me she thinks one of her hubby's students parked it there and never came back for it. (He was a shop teacher). She told me she has no idea where it came from. I am guessing hubby probably bought it and she either forgot or didn't know. She said there's no paperwork for it. Whether there isn't or she didn't want to look for it I don't know. I got the impression that she doesn't want to fuck with it. just get it out of here.

Y'all need titles on old shit? weird
if i want plates and drive it down the road I do. I can scrap it without a title. If I didn't already have a dump trailer I'd build a farmer gooseneck dump out of it.

if i want plates and drive it down the road I do. I can scrap it without a title. If I didn't already have a dump trailer I'd build a farmer gooseneck dump out of it.
You can get a bonded title really easy at the expense of $$$.
You would need to figure out if this venture is worth the work.

Does the engine even turn over or is it locked from sitting and water getting in?

If you wind up parting it out can I get the exhaust manifolds and valve covers?

looking on CL at the price of grain trucks they don't bring much unless tandems and 90s or newer.

those old Chevys, IH and Fords don't bring much at all. like $1k or less

Does the engine even turn over or is it locked from sitting and water getting in?

If you wind up parting it out can I get the exhaust manifolds and valve covers?
i have not tried to turn it over.. I talked to a buddy about loading it onto his gooseneck deckover and getting it out of there. If I part it out I'll let you know.

Oh I would put money on that you could have it running in less than an hour.

May not have brakes though, so towing is good idea. LOL

Top Back Refresh