What's new

08 shit box

Late 80s early 90s Chevy 2500s have a pushrod style hydraulic slave cylinder fyi for the clutch that would probably be easy to make a mount. Got it on my 2wd manual 89 2500. I also use ss braided line from brake line shop with adapter fitting in the mc and slave. It actually came out cheaper than a new hose, and less time than going to the junkyard for a line

But that might help you rig up your brake setup. I think* I have a spare slave cyl if you want a picture or measurement
That's great info!
I've already get a setup to mount the slave to the booster, but if you can find the slave and post the pics it will add some good tech.
Thank you!

Well I just cant seem to find the old one.

But this is it. And I can pull mine off and get measurements if someone needs them in the future.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220204-130107.png
    Screenshot_20220204-130107.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220204-130123.png
    Screenshot_20220204-130123.png
    139.8 KB · Views: 12
How's this coming along? I have a 2010 1500 I am chomping at the bit to swap. Really cool to see the GMT900's getting swapped now.

How's this coming along? I have a 2010 1500 I am chomping at the bit to swap. Really cool to see the GMT900's getting swapped now.
:homer:
Not great
Haven't worked on it in a while. The money train derailed...
My plan to buy one big part every month has not happened. I bought the shocks, then had to stop there:laughing:I'm getting back to my plan though. Going to sell parts off the old truck to buy tires and wheels for this. I also have a few part out trucks that will garner a few bucks towards it. Need to get my order into RadialDynamics for my cbx pump, res, accumulator, and high flow filter setup. That will complete the steering(though i know the accumulator is for engine oil, i haz a reason for needing it:smokin:).
The reason will be revealed in my next update post, maybe this weekend.

. . . Going to sell parts off the old truck to buy tires and wheels for this. I also have a few part out trucks that will garner a few bucks towards it. . .

I'm seeking a few items, preferably without embedded deer hair, for my '04 GMC 2500HD: gray grill, front bumper, 6.0L LQ4, front manual seats, and a tailgate.

So i decided to start flexing it a little to see what happens...
All is good when i full bump straight up!
20220731_145824.jpg

Articulated at what is not even close to full bump(and no droop on the other) it is fucked.
20220731_145835.jpg
20220731_145856.jpg
20220731_145805.jpg

Last edited:
I did nearly the same cuts on mine. I’m only running a 40x13.50 on a 5.5 back spacing wheel and my tires don’t touch the frame but it’s damn close. Glad to see your making progress on the truck again

I did nearly the same cuts on mine. I’m only running a 40x13.50 on a 5.5 back spacing wheel and my tires don’t touch the frame but it’s damn close. Glad to see your making progress on the truck again
I'm at 4.5 back space... the extra inch would've helped lol. I do still need to get rotors in there though. That will help minimally i bet:laughing:
Thanks, it feels good to get something accomplished after 3 years:lmao:

I suppose i should give context along with at least this picture.
It is at ride height here(again:laughing:)
I'm looking at 6" of bump travel and ~8" droop. The frame is at 21" off the ground, but once weight is on the tires, and the pressure is lowered in them, I'm guessing it will go down 2". The roof line is 7'-3" as of now. My old truck was just under 7' to the roof, so I'm close to that. The fenders will need to be reinforced as they are now a little flimsy. The front body mounts will need to inboard the frame. I'll just reuse the old mounts for that.
20220731_122433.jpg

Work has been busy... doing about 60 hours a week labor and 20-30 office. Also building a pool deck in my free time... I'm ready to get moving forward on this though. About to throw my order in for bump stops and some other cool things. For now i have figured out my bender. One good 1 3/4x.188 dom shock hoop out of 2 tries:homer:
Now i know how to do it though. Should be able to get my steel order in next week and get the rest of them made along with the other things i need to get going on
20220821_112225.jpg

Well got my tube for shock hoops. Didn't realize my bender was only good for .134 wall at the most... my hoops are .188:homer:(the hoop i bent before was only .120 but was supposed to be .188)
Broke the die on the first bend:mad3:
Welded it all back on(their welds had no real bite into anything:shaking:) and got back at it this morning. With a little reinforcement, and an 8' cheater bar, i got the 2 fronts bent up...i might sell this bender and go with a swag bender. They can do up to .250 wall if you get the 605hd model and an extra pressure block.
Anyway i should be able to get the other side tacked in tomorrow after work and get on to flex testing. There's going to be some weight loss going on... already found sheet metal that won't cooperate with those big fucking tires and how low I'm trying to keep it...

Last edited:
Got some time to flex it a bit... disappointment ensues. Outer fender seems to be ok, but this isn't full lock steering. It is full Articulated bump though. Inner fenders need to go... shock hoop needs to be mounted on top of the frame and leaned toward the fender so the shock can lean toward the engine more to clear the tire... and more than likely more core support need to be demoed as well. The upper link mount contacts the oil pan at full Articulated bump to the p side, so those need to move over as well.... only a few problems for my first iteration:homer:
20220907_054917.jpg
20220907_054724.jpg

The pic above is not at full art. Bump all 3" of shaft showing even though it doesn't look like it

did i miss the reason for the header installed on the driver side pointing forward like that, turbo? or drive shaft, and links and shocks all sharing same area as exhaust?

did i miss the reason for the header installed on the driver side pointing forward like that, turbo? or drive shaft, and links and shocks all sharing same area as exhaust?
Probably kind of. It was vague a few posts back. Both headers face forward.
Yes it's getting a turbo. The headers meant to mount the turbo directly on top wouldn't work for me, so i have to remote mount it over the passenger fender... well whatever is left of it after i hack it to pieces so the tire can flex freely:laughing:

Woke up in a shitty mood, so had to get into the shop for a bit.
Accomplished some things. Pretty much have the front suspension all set and ready to be burned in. Link lengths are dialed as well.
Shock hoops relocated to the top of the frame via angle iron I'll turn into straps over top. Should be damn strong once finished. Still need to fit the over engine tube, but that will be simple now everything else is set.
20220917_154926.jpg

20220917_154915.jpg

The turbo header is a bit tight to the hoop, but i can remove it to get the engine out.
20220917_154934.jpg

I relocated the upper link mounts on the axle so the passenger side would clear the oil pan at articulation as well. No pics...

Then i fully articulated everything to see where i would have issues. Luckily there was only minor interference with the outer fender lip and a little bit on the inner fender. Once i get my hydraulic bumps installed i think those issues will go away. I can't get lock to lock steering unfortunately though. The tires rub the frame both front and rear lol, so that's where I'll set my ram to bottom out.
20220917_194910.jpg

20220917_194643.jpg
20220917_194658.jpg

20220917_194720.jpg

20220917_194744.jpg
20220917_194837.jpg

Not many... but a couple.

Bump stops installed. I'm using a tube half as my pad. They are only limiting my droop by 1/4" at full articulation compared to full straight up and down droop. It will have ~12.5" of travel on articulation compared to ~12.75" of travel vertically.
20221031_155908.jpg

Over engine tube in.
20221031_155915.jpg

Transfer case in for mockup
20221031_161558.jpg

But it's tight... going to have to make a few notches to fit correct.
20221031_161646.jpg
20221031_161639.jpg

Top Back Refresh