Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Great place to ride but if it's swampy, that mud is terrible. I've always loved clear creek....
Yeah that mud is now joke. I’m new to the Bay Area and just brought my bike here last month. I’ve done a few days at Hollister, Carnegie, and Metcalf so far. Clear Creek is on the list I just need to find someone who has some info that can help me make that happen….

I’m new to the Bay Area and just brought my bike here last month.
Hit me up for a beer, I live in Hayward and my shops in Milpitas. I'm mostly dealing with old junk Harleys these days. Moved here from the Fresno area?

Hit me up for a beer, I live in Hayward and my shops in Milpitas. I'm mostly dealing with old junk Harleys these days. Moved here from the Fresno area?
Yeah grew up over there. Lived in sac a bit, then back to Fresno ish, and now I’m in Mountain View. I’ve only rode like once a year for the past 5 years or so, but I didn’t feel like dragging my fj40 out here. That’s why I got that rack done and have been riding as much as I can.

Clear Creek is on the list I just need to find someone who has some info that can help me make that happen….
Just heard there's a race this weekend:

1708126976987.png

Rode a lil bit this afternoon. The oldman forgot his boots so I was ridin solo.

As fun as this 150 is I'm kinda over it:homer:

Thinkin I might sell the 150 and the ol 300 an pick up a 250. An given how it went when buying the 150. I'm leaning towards a non ktm:laughing:

One of the guys we used to ride with has started slinging beta's.......

Kinda lookin at the yz250x, or the beta's. Anybody played with a sherco or a Tm?

Last edited:
Ridden a few Betas. They run nice, motors are strong. The rest of them don't seem to offer me anything worth justifying them over the TBI KTMs though.

I'll probly end up with a christini:laughing:
I always thought one of those would be super rad, though I've heard reports that more experienced riders find them hard to learn becase we've committed so many conventional bike physics to muscle memory.

I'd still hoon the shit out of one if I got the chance though :smokin:

I have heard they corner a bit different:laughing:

I know how much bitching I hear about tire studs. Can only imagine what it would be like if I showed up with one of those things:lmao:

Rode today. What started out as a fuck around and explore kinda ride turned serious real quick:laughing:

That 150 is awesome in most of what we were riding. Just wish it had a bit more chooch on the hills:homer:

Figured you would be running taller gear than that considering what yall are riding? 14 up front?

Figured you would be running taller gear than that considering what yall are riding? 14 up front?
Yeah, that's the key. Stock is 13/50, and I was running 14/49.

With the wide ratio trans in the FX, first gear at 14/49 is tits for desert, but the shift points are in dorky spots if I go do other types of riding like motocross and 5th is so tall the bike doesn't have enough power to use all of it. Just going to start experimenting with it to see if I can get it better.

GPR 300's?
2013 Ninja 300
The tires are Michelin Power cup EVO 110/70 front and 150/60 rear. The recommended and sponsor tire for moto3. Tires are sticky as hell. Very impressed with them. I was diving into corners harder than my normal and the tires didn’t give a shit.

I posted this in cc, but I’ll post here too

Finally decided to put together the yamaha KYB's and get them swapped on to the Beta so I could put the KYB's that are on it back on my Husky because I'm thinking about selling it since it is just a dust collector these days.

PXL_20240303_200202137.jpg

I had the forks torn down when I moved last spring and fortunately, I guess, seem to have only lost 1 spring clip thingie that retains the oil seal/bushings between the upper and lower tubes and the YZ axle nut.

Turned down some hodge podge spacers to use the Beta wheel, no pics. Basically narrowed the Beta spacers, then turned down the YZ spacers to fit inside (YZ has a smaller axle) to set the side to side and adapt Beta bearings to the YZ axle.

Found out I got an 08/09 fork even though they were sold as 06/07 so the brake caliper mounting is different. Braking made adapters for both but apparently the 08/09 version is near impossible to find these days AND I already ordered the older version as that's what I thought I needed. Savable by drilling a new hole but it needs a 1mm washer on that bolt now which is annoying and surely won't cause future headache when I forget about it :shaking:

PXL_20240303_221654984.jpg

(I am also toying with selling the Beta and getting a new ride. Something like a yz250fx)

2013 Ninja 300
The tires are Michelin Power cup EVO 110/70 front and 150/60 rear. The recommended and sponsor tire for moto3. Tires are sticky as hell. Very impressed with them. I was diving into corners harder than my normal and the tires didn’t give a shit.

I posted this in cc, but I’ll post here too

Appreciate the details, the tread pattern is slightly different. I'm sure the compounds they are using in that carcass ride nice in that setting! You guys look like you're having fun mixing it up :grinpimp:

Added OEM honda engine bar. Now looking for a good set of lights. Planning the the utah BDR in may and want some additional lighting.
20240307_141123.jpg

Ha, thats a bit large. Looking at some s2 pro pods or similar

Dad hit me up about riding this afternoon. We hit snow about 1/4 mile from the truck.:laughing:

Got off the Trails with tracks on them and it wasnt bad going. Drifted up like a motherfucker though. Radiator shrouds were dragging snow more than a few times. The 150 sounds pretty good when using all of the rpms:grinpimp:

Got to having to much fun and while we werent lost, I also wasnt real sure how to get to the truck. Dad was so proud:homer: Found the truck just before dark! I call that a win

The old man is starting to remember how to ride. He made it up stuff he couldnt a month ago. Dude needs to relax a bit. Loosen up his grip and stop trying to manhandle the bike. He's getting there though!

Resized_20240308_171445.jpeg

Appreciate the details, the tread pattern is slightly different. I'm sure the compounds they are using in that carcass ride nice in that setting! You guys look like you're having fun mixing it up :grinpimp:
I really like them. Can’t wait to try them out at NOLA in may. :smokin:

I was a fun day. Everyone was well behaved and a lot of the guys were basically my same pace, so we diced it up pretty much all day. First “fun” track day in a while.

Rode a lil bit this afternoon. The oldman forgot his boots so I was ridin solo.

As fun as this 150 is I'm kinda over it:homer:

Thinkin I might sell the 150 and the ol 300 an pick up a 250. An given how it went when buying the 150. I'm leaning towards a non ktm:laughing:

One of the guys we used to ride with has started slinging beta's.......

Kinda lookin at the yz250x, or the beta's. Anybody played with a sherco or a Tm?

Beta plastics are shit from what I've seen, they shatter on stuff that scratches KTM plastics.
Never met anyone who didn't rave about their sherco...kinda like how KTM guys rave about em to Honda guys, cause we paid 30% more than they did.:laughing:
TM are hand made Italian. So they'll be great, or not. Got a dealer around?
If you want to buy something weird and hard to get parts for, get one of those Rieju, or something else that only magazine writers have ever seen in real life:flipoff2:
YZ doesn't have a button. That's why I didn't buy one. Fuck kicking.

As for what I did, we did a new piston and associated bits and pieces, plug, rads, waterpump impeller and drive gear upgrade on the 50. It was pumping steam out the overflow, hoping this cures all those issues. He took it for a test ride and says "it feels like we turned it up!" Random aussie pedaling by says "She sounds crisp mate, fuckin right!"
What greater compliment is there, really?

1000010123.jpg

1000010128.jpg

Beta plastics are shit from what I've seen, they shatter on stuff that scratches KTM plastics.
Never met anyone who didn't rave about their sherco...kinda like how KTM guys rave about em to Honda guys, cause we paid 30% more than they did.:laughing:
TM are hand made Italian. So they'll be great, or not. Got a dealer around?
If you want to buy something weird and hard to get parts for, get one of those Rieju, or something else that only , really?

My 17 Beta is still on its original plastics. I think earlier plastic was more brittle, like 13/14 bikes.

One of our riding buddies had a Sherco 300 thumper and said it was a great bike but it was too racey for him.

Biggest gripe about the Beta and Sherco is I can't just jump on Rocky mountain and buy OEM parts when needed :laughing:

Reiju is old GasGas and SWM is old Husky before KTM scooped up both brands.

Buddy just sold an x trainer, and he broke more plastics on that thing in 3 rides than I have seen broken on huskys and ktms in my regular riding crew, in the last 2 years.

Maybe he was just really good at dropping it on rocks, but we all remarked on how it seemed to just want to shed plastic bits like mad.

Mind you, I cracked one of my shrouds by dropping my bike in the back of the truck, so maybe luck plays a role:homer:

We have a couple beta dealers on the island, so that's easy. It's actually kinda remarkable how many big dealers we have within 3 hrs.
Everyone i know who rides a sherco does tend to spend a lot of time standing on podiums, so there does seem to be a correlation there too!

Hard to say about the plastics. I stuck an acerbis plastic kit on the 300 and that shit just shattered. Didnt even get one ride out of a front fender:laughing: While everytime I have broken polisport or ktm stuff...it has had every reason to break

We just got a local Beta dealer, Sherco is a couple hours away. Only seen a TM once, it was shiny

I'm so back an forth on this fucking 150:homer: Single track its badass. For just a fuck around bike, its badass.

But on the big hillclimbs it kinda feels like i'm riding a 150 :lmao:

Top Back Refresh