Threads:
Discussions:
Photos:

Latest posts

Latest photos

Group events

Irate Motorcycle Group.

What you do to your MC today?

Tore down the kid's bike to figure out why it's chewing on transmission oil, looks like I just didn't get a good seal between the cases when I put it together. Now that we've got more yard and he agreed to learn without training wheels I'm more motivated to get this thing past shop decoration status.

PXL_20231024_025444248.jpg

Last edited:
Did a little crank and piston swap for a neighbor.
His son's 97 CR250 had about 3/16 of play in the big end, no bueno. Sucker had some pretty trick parts in it though, full port job on the cases and jug, flywheel weight. Cool to see.

The pic and the video were taken about 6 hours apart :grinpimp:
20231027_115707.jpg

Decided to troubleshoot why my brake light is always on on the DRZ. Figured that out, but really spent the whole day fixing problems I didn’t even know I had. The main jet had gotten all crudded up with varnish, and the kill switch had gotten damned unpredictable. Anyway, it’s now ready to sell, just need to get it listed. If it or my wife’s old XT250 sell, I’m gonna be damn tempted to buy my buddy’s XR400 for a screw around bike.

20231108_172225.jpg

Years back I ordered a IRC 100/100 because it was cheap as hell. My 300 tore it the fuck up pretty quick.

Figured I would give it a try on the 150, because why not:homer: Sum bitch thats a tiny tire.:lmao:

20231108_185735.jpg

Last edited:
Well today was fun as being Dr. Mangalo as I removed the swingarm bushings from my 66 BSA. I did get much better my second try so I guess learned something the sawzall did much better than the press slight carnage my first go at it.

Basically you burn the rubber to remove the inner bush from the outer bush then ride the struggle bus figuring out how to get the outer bush out of the swing arm
IMG_8986.jpeg
IMG_8983.jpeg

Made a battery cover for my 69 Thunderbolt it doesn’t have side covers and I’m running high pipes which I melted side covers on a different bike so I decided to make a cover out of a old oil can so next summer I don’t have to look at that white battery it came out decent .
IMG_9023.jpeg
IMG_9034.jpeg

Its stud time!!!!! New rear tire and HD tubes as well

I dont like studs on the edges of the front tire, as they try and grab on to shit that you are going by. I shoulda still went one more lug wider with my spacing, but I got carried away:homer:

20231212_203223.jpg

Ordered 1740 grip studs which are normally just for the front tires. But figued I would try them in the back also. Maybe being shorter they will hold up to wheel spin in the rock a lil better:laughing: Normally I dont run anything on the rear tire. Should cause a lil bitching from the group:grinpimp:

20231212_194335.jpg

As long as that shoulder with the notches doesnt get too chewed up. They just zip out with a drill. Should get at least 2 years out of the front tire now.

20231212_203625.jpg

Last edited:
Spent the extra $50 to unlock the TSP ERM. Pretty fucking cool tool. Still gotta learn a bit more about it. But was able to lean out the bottom end of this 150 with it.

Goona take a bit to see what all I can change with this thing:smokin:

Did the first of any kind of work the 450's seen since august. Oil and filter, and cleaned up all the air filter while i was at it. Next, need to replace the bib in the rear tire of the 250 with a tube and finish tuning on it so i can actually ride it or sell it. Getting tired of staring at it.

Did the first of any kind of work the 450's seen since august. Oil and filter, and cleaned up all the air filter while i was at it. Next, need to replace the bib in the rear tire of the 250 with a tube and finish tuning on it so i can actually ride it or sell it. Getting tired of staring at it.
sell the 4stroke

the shit you run seems like it would smoke a low psi tube an rim. It that where the bib shines? whats the benefit of that over just an HD tube?

Last edited:
sell the 4stroke

the shit you run seems like it would smoke a low psi tube an rim. It that where the bib shines? whats the benefit of that over just an HD tube?

Mousses hate high speed though, heat is what kills them I thought?

For me the advantage is the low psi feel, but there is actually something in the tire, so it doesn't fold and roll side to side like a tubeliss set up. But 50mph is screaming fast on a logging road for 5 minutes getting to the trails. We hardly ever sustain any kinda speed.

sell the 4stroke
If it gets sold, it's getting replaced with a brand new 450xc :flipoff2:
Yeah you basically have it figured out. HD tubes (like 4mil thick) are viable for lower speeds, and i still run them as much as I can for cost reasons, but I've gotten pinch flats with every thickness of tube known to man.
I'd have to run 20psi or more to deal with rock pinches at the speeds i run, and bibs have a lot better feel and grip while still not getting flats. Just a balance of cost savings and traction is all it is at the end of the day.

50mph is screaming fast on a 150 anywhere:lmao:

I always ran 14-15psi in the front with HD tubes because I tend to crash into shit rather than pick lines.:grinpimp: And 10-12psi in the back.

Gone through a bunch of rims though, so I'm always open to ideas.

how much heavier is a Mousse? What kinda life are you getting out of them riding in the woods?

Have only gotten one flat with an HD tube. and That fucker had every right to be flat considering the hit it took, and what was left of the rim:lmao:

Mousses hate high speed though, heat is what kills them I thought?
That's exactly what does it. We have very religious lubing schedules down here to run them hard, and even then, with Nitromousses i'd be lucky if inget more than 3 races out of one. That shit is getting annoying so i'm trying michelins.
For me the advantage is the low psi feel, but there is actually something in the tire, so it doesn't fold and roll side to side like a tubeliss set up. But 50mph is screaming fast on a logging road for 5 minutes getting to the trails. We hardly ever sustain any kinda speed.
My average speed on a ride varies around high 20s and mid 30s for a race. I don't have a choice but to have some kind of sure shot flat protection if i peg a fist sized rock or the side of a cattleguard at 40+mph haha

Yea thats fucking nuts to us woods guys
for sure, it's truly amazing how much different our setups can get for what is largely the same sport. I think the biggest deal to me if I wanted to go harder in the woods is I'd have to cut down my handlebars and get more confidence moving through the trees. The guys from Colorado absolutely smoke me in the tight trees but I can sail over 4ft whoops a gear higher than them :lmao:

for sure, it's truly amazing how much different our setups can get for what is largely the same sport. I think the biggest deal to me if I wanted to go harder in the woods is I'd have to cut down my handlebars and get more confidence moving through the trees. The guys from Colorado absolutely smoke me in the tight trees but I can sail over 4ft whoops a gear higher than them :lmao:

My 300 has over 3/4" cut off each side of the bars. Haven't cut my 150 down, but its going to happen. I slide my perches in till they hit the bend in the bars and work my way out:laughing: Yet if my bike is in the air at all, its usually a mistake:flipoff2:

Just look at that extra width.:shaking: It might even get cut tonight:laughing:

20231215_192141.jpg

4 foot whoops, I'm gonna a carefully ride down one side and up the other:laughing:

Can I please have a mossy 30' rockface with an 8" root in the middle? That sounds much less scary!

I'm at about 40hrs i think, on my mousse and it looks mint:smokin:

Last edited:
Cut just over 5/8" off each side, nipped the levers down a tad as well:smokin:

need to snag some of those tapped 5/8" set screws. The compression bolts just bug me:laughing:

20231215_210317.jpg

Spent a lot of time on my ride yesterday thinking "Steve was right!" As my front tire slipped on roots, and my bars smacked trees.

Fuckin kid's 50 blew the chain and needs sprockets and a new chain and a spare link, so that's gonna suck up the stud money.

Spent a lot of time on my ride yesterday thinking "Steve was right!" As my front tire slipped on roots, and my bars smacked trees.

Fuckin kid's 50 blew the chain and needs sprockets and a new chain and a spare link, so that's gonna suck up the stud money.

Steve is always right, most of the time:flipoff2: And as soon as you get a lil faith in those studs in the front holding your line. You can do some stupid stuff:smokin:

Sucks about the kids chain, would think that lil stuff would be pretty cheap?

Last edited:
$155 USD for renthal front and rear (in stock), and a chain, which is export restricted for some retarded reason. Then $100 shipping and duties with FedEx. And that's taking the chain off the order.

Top Back Refresh