What's new

WHAT USES FOR TURKEY FRYER

CDA 455 II

ANFAQUE2
Member Number
Loc
No Country For Old Men
Has anyone used a turkey fryer for more than just a turkey?
Chicken?
Seafood?
Veggies?
Small Messicans?

What's the go-to oil for frying?

We’ve had multiple set up for fish fry’s. Fish, onion rings, hand cut fries, turtle, etc. You can make about anything in them.

We used peanut oil.

Shrimp boil
And it sounds gay but on our small batch boils I dump the (drained) basket into tote with a lid.
Something like this, this allows you to bring the boil inside when its cold etc. and most importantly for me keep it warm while everyone is eating.
I hate how when its sitting on a table cloth everything gets cold.

63696654.jpg

Oh; good tip/suggestion!:smokin::beer:

"French Fries; it's not just for breakfast anymore!":laughing::grinpimp:
Usually they get wiped out, season with salt and lawrys to taste.
The ladies who bring the other boring traditional sides get butthurt cause everyone raving about the fries and not the stupid nasty greenbean casserole or stuffing abortion.

I have seen where you can deep fry a prime rib. My buddy tried it and was not super impressed though.

Also works good for a big old fish fry after an ocean fishing trip.

The burner is good for making a still:laughing:

You can do the fried onions for a big ass green bean casserole. :flipoff2:

Speaking of the burners, they are great for re-seasoning old cast iron cookware. Will burn the old seasoning to ash that can be brushed off. Just move the skillet around, turn on side etc.

I have seen where you can deep fry a prime rib. My buddy tried it and was not super impressed though.

Also works good for a big old fish fry after an ocean fishing trip.

The burner is good for making a still:laughing:

You can do the fried onions for a big ass green bean casserole. :flipoff2:
I've done 2 prime ribs and they were fantastic.

It took 20-30 minutes to fully melt a batch of lead, but it worked pretty well.

More on topic, a buddy of mine use to do a fry party for the super bowl every year. He would provide 2-3 turkey fryers and everyone invited to the party was required to bring food that would get fried. At the time his roommates brother drove a truck delivering frozen food to different McDonald's restaurants. One year we fried a case of McNuggets and two cases of french fries.

More on topic, a buddy of mine use to do a fry party for the super bowl every year. He would provide 2-3 turkey fryers and everyone invited to the party was required to bring food that would get fried. At the time his roommates brother drove a truck delivering frozen food to different McDonald's restaurants. One year we fried a case of McNuggets and two cases of french fries.
WINNAR! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Throw some pizza rolls and cheese sticks and whatever else you like in before the turkey goes in. That way you have snacks while it is cooking!

Top Back Refresh