What's new

Welding chain to master lock

Depending on the design of the lock, IE if the chain is welded or otherwise secured to the shackle the lock may be reused I have a few AMERICAN brand locks and I've changed out the shackle to a longer one so those at least can be changed.

It's waste management, their drivers make pretty decent money. It's a business account and it's their terms. It is the "trash mans" fault.

He locks his gate to protect his assets and the other assets in that yard. He could give a shit about the dumpster, he just doesn't like getting to his business at 730am and the gate open and lock missing.

But many thanks to you and your thoughts sir, sorry this got you a riled up. Are you a trash man?
No, I'm not trash man... unless you can't liking having some fun with trailer trash blondes...

No dumpster companies in my area operate like that. Their only part of the business is providing a dumpster and emptying it. So all else falls on the business needing trash removed.

I also, just me being me and how I operate, wouldn't trust a trash company to have access to my yard unless I let them in.

Which is why my dumpster sits under a lean to next to my shop about gets fork lifted down to the road on trash days, so they don't even have to be on my property to get the dumpster.

I'll send him this link. I'm just in it to help him with this lock and chain I have at the shop. He can figure things out for the future. I do know the chain needs to be somewhat beefy bc he lives in "hipster" country and the hobos like what's behind door #1
It was just an option, welding a chain rather than buying one would be the Irate way, and that was just a quick search as an example.
I bought 12 locks keyed alike all with chains for a vacation property but can't find the damn link. it was very helpful to have one key, and have the locks attached to the location.

PXL_20231010_172108810.jpg

No, I'm not trash man... unless you can't liking having some fun with trailer trash blondes...

No dumpster companies in my area operate like that. Their only part of the business is providing a dumpster and emptying it. So all else falls on the business needing trash removed.

I also, just me being me and how I operate, wouldn't trust a trash company to have access to my yard unless I let them in.

Which is why my dumpster sits under a lean to next to my shop about gets fork lifted down to the road on trash days, so they don't even have to be on my property to get the dumpster.
It's Portland man.....it's a hell hole. If the dumpster was outside the fence it would become a home for a tweeker, who would then have squatter rights, and knowing Portland ..... somehow my buddy would lose his small business or some liberal bullshit like that.

I don't live in Portland anymore, moved 40 minutes away into a town of 1600 people. My employer is on the outskirts of Portland and my buddy is about 10 mins from my employer. I do any welding for him as a favor. We've played 15 years of rugby together.....lots of memories.

Before I moved I had my camper at a warehouse spot in Portland (different yard than my buddy). Gate was locked and trash man would unlock it and drive in and get the dumpster 5am. He left it open bc I told him that it was fine to leave it open on his way out....bc I was there. He doesn't have a person on his property 24 hrs.....he just wants the trash man to follow the terms of their deal.

^^^^^ looks like a real cheezy chain, just sayin.

They cant even get the ends of the links square before they weld it.

Turn the gas on next time:flipoff2:
I can't believe this thread is still going!!! Lol

Gas was on set at 24 cfm or cfs or whatever . Fuck I even ground off the coating on the lock.

Fuggin knit pickers!!!!!!!!

I got 2 hazy IPAs for the lock.

Also where are my emojis on the mobile phone???

#middlefangers

I can't believe this thread is still going!!! Lol

Gas was on set at 24 cfm or cfs or whatever . Fuck I even ground off the coating on the lock.

Fuggin knit pickers!!!!!!!!

I got 2 hazy IPAs for the lock.

Also where are my emojis on the mobile phone???

#middlefangers
You welded something, then made the mistake of posting it.

What did you expect//:lmao:

Cross post it in the shitty welds thread :flipoff2:

I feel like I've seen tons of locks with chains welded to the shackle. It's not fort knox, it's a dumpster.

Frankly anywhere you're securing something with a padlock you're just keeping honest people honest. Cordless angle grinders are fast.

I feel like I've seen tons of locks with chains welded to the shackle. It's not fort knox, it's a dumpster.

Frankly anywhere you're securing something with a padlock you're just keeping honest people honest. Cordless angle grinders are fast.
It's not the dumpster that is getting locked. Mr fort Knox.:usa:

And I don't know if ya read but this shit has a boron carbide nasa enginerd shackle that requires filler from an asteroid that just grazed out atmosphere. It's kinda $$$$$$$$:flipoff2:

You have. One link on edge across the top of it. Not a big deal unless stoner bob is doing the welding:flipoff2:
Anytime you up near scappoose ish area....I'll buy ya a beer or let you handle my peace pipe. You seem like good people.

And I don't know if ya read but this shit has a boron carbide nasa enginerd shackle that requires filler from an asteroid that just grazed out atmosphere. It's kinda $$$$$$$$:flipoff2:

I carry one of these on my work truck that will make short work of both the lock and the chain, it cuts through the hardened square link chain that some places use. it screws the jaws, and I need to replace them, but it does it.

Top Back Refresh