What's new

Tow rig gear ratio

yeah, i just hate and don't understand why the 6r140 doesn't have the same level of aftermarket support. US Shift said they are shooting for the end of this year to have 140 programming for their Quick6 standalone.

that'd be sweet. it'll go a long way to keeping older trucks on the road ~$3-6k for a transmission swap for a huge improvement in driveability instead of ~20k for a whole new truck is a tempting option
IMO the 6r140 behind these early to mid 2k engines is gonna be a real shake up.

Towing with a 4r100 takes a engine to make some serious beans across a wide rpm range.

I can't even begin to tell you what a mess they are... They have a front end vibration that will bounce the tire off the ground... New aluminum wheels, 3 sets of front tires, king shocks and still no resolution. We did get the max speed up to 65 mph instead of 60...

I figured, same story as the Kodiak all over, hodge podge off a bunch of different shit, but MUH duramax :homer:

I'm curious how far they'll have to take them for dealer work. Our closest fors dealer won't touch F450±:homer:

I figured, same story as the Kodiak all over, hodge podge off a bunch of different shit, but MUH duramax :homer:

I'm curious how far they'll have to take them for dealer work. Our closest fors dealer won't touch F450±:homer:
It's a weird deal, we have 25 of them in various states of fucked up front end, vibration and speed of vibration.

Now that we have bought two International dealerships we have some pull with Navistar to get off the pot about it.

2011 6.2 Ferd
6-speed
factory 3.73s
35’s

With the custom camper we typically weigh in at 11,500-12,000lbs. Average 8-10mpg, depending mostly upon speed. MPG takes a solid hit @ 70-75mph.

While lower gears would be nice, the setup works great as is. Still use 6th on the flats, but for the most part it operates as a 5-speed. :homer:

IMG_3831.jpeg

2006 Dodge
5.9l / G56 / 3.73s / 35s

It still has 35's since the G56 has a .79:1 OD. I bought it in 09 with them on and it's just been getting new sets since.

Engine has twins/studs/injectors/cam/tuning, pulls 15klbs in OD just fine.

10-11mpg pulling the trailer at 70mph.

Top Back Refresh