What's new

SXII Stickies.....

Wishing I still had my reds. Went wheeling last weekend after installing internal beadlocks on my wheels. Even at 4-5 psi i didn't have shit for traction. Granted everything was covered in mud, but honestly not impressed yet. Planning on wheeling the cove in gore va in a couple weeks. I have had great traction there with every set of tires i have ever run, so if these things suck there then i am putting them on marketplace and going back to reds or treps

I really think these may work going forward. I only have 2 runs on them so far. I dont have V8 power and they are feathering up with some texture. If not, I have options..

Wishing I still had my reds. Went wheeling last weekend after installing internal beadlocks on my wheels. Even at 4-5 psi i didn't have shit for traction. Granted everything was covered in mud, but honestly not impressed yet. Planning on wheeling the cove in gore va in a couple weeks. I have had great traction there with every set of tires i have ever run, so if these things suck there then i am putting them on marketplace and going back to reds or treps

4 to 5 psi is way way to high for new bias tires I you ever want them to break in.

Pull the cores next time and try and get them to move, then may ad a few psi as needed.

I’ve got two rides in so far ..first time out with zero break-in and 8 psi was ok at best so I decided they needed some road miles on them. I put on maybe 40 miles at 10 psi and the next trip out they seemed much better after the corners were all rolled and I gained a little confidence that they wouldn’t burp the inner bead in 7-8 psi range. My rigs in the 4,500 lbs range I’m guessing..pretty typical SD axled, LS swapped but it’s sm465&doubler it could be closer to 5K.

its wild there is big open lugs should have traction, but hit and miss it is....
Yeah i do think that the SXII's will get way better when they are worn. Watching the tires try to climb stuff it almost seems like the lugs have too much flex. My radial coopers on my toyota 80 series crawler have short lugs that are less "wiggly" and they honestly work way better. I almost want to throw a set of coopers on the jeep to see if it is a tire issue, or my jeeps lack of wheelbase. Unfortunately i never wheeled my jeep w/ reds at the two parks that I have wheeled this summer w/ my jeep on the SXII's so i cant really compare apples to apples. :homer:

4 to 5 psi is way way to high for new bias tires I you ever want them to break in.

Pull the cores next time and try and get them to move, then may ad a few psi as needed.
At zero they are sitting on the internal beadlock and tire is pretty much flat. I drove them a bunch at 5 psi on the road before this past trip so the carcasses should be pretty well broken in at this point. The tires we folding over rocks quite well and 5 psi the contact patch is massive compared to what i had w/ my reds at 10 psi.

At zero they are sitting on the internal beadlock and tire is pretty much flat. I drove them a bunch at 5 psi on the road before this past trip so the carcasses should be pretty well broken in at this point. The tires we folding over rocks quite well and 5 psi the contact patch is massive compared to what i had w/ my reds at 10 psi.

If they're that broken in, maybe they need a little more pressure to keep the lugs from folding over?

I think it was the old school rigs thread we were saying about how every rig BITD had boggers. I kinda want a set now!

Yep, BITD, if you didn't have Boggers, you weren't sh*t. Then it was SXs, then Krawlers, then Kevlar MTRs etc., etc.

My first Sami had 33x14.50 or 16.50 boggers on it :laughing: Didn't seem to matter how much air they had in them. They still wouldn't flex. :homer:

My first set of boggers were 33s, then moved up to 35s.

TL-Zuk-Heldorado.jpeg

Yep, would do that on all Swampers, pull the cores and drive around the block 2-3 times, they would work so much better afterwards.

Last edited:
Wish swampers were still cheap. Would be hilarious to make even one obstacle on boggers or tsls that someone on stickies couldn't. :laughing:

Have any of you guys who've bought Interco's blems been able to see why it was considered a blem?

I bought 5 - 45" SXII's a number of years ago and I could never see any reason for them to be blems.

Mine were a few years old. Figured it was old stock and was at the age that had to toss them or sell them.

Some guys suck at driving that even stickies can't help them :flipoff2::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I just remember when the regular folks could first get red Krawlers and they're just killing it in the dry rocks, all high and mighty, but then try to do a trail up here during the wet season (6-9 months of the year) and they were absolutely useless.

All of a sudden playing in the wet and muddy was no longer "cool" for the cool kids. :lmao:

Mine were a few years old. Figured it was old stock and was at the age that had to toss them or sell them.
I bought a set of skinny 35 SX2 for my other project. they were within a year old. The salesman told me for them to be considered BLEMS, there could not be anything structurally wrong with the tire, its usually a visual aspect. They couldn't sell sell a tire that was structurally unsafe.

Last edited:
I bought a set of skinny 35 SX2 for my other project. they were within a year old. The salesman told me for them to be considered BLEMS, there could not be anything structurally wrong with the tire, its usually a visual aspect. The couldn't sell sell a tire that was structurally unsafe.

I couldn't find any blemish, only thing I noticed was they were 2018s and i bought them in 2021

Ha mine are about 2 years older from the time of purchase, since the other project still isn't back together.
No more project till this one is done is what I keep telling myself.

8696 project.jpg

At the current pricing, probably, compared to other outrageous sticky prices. Depends on how much $$$ you wanna drop.

Thinking about picking up a set of the SX2 stickies. Drillsmoke , Boomtacoma01 would you buy em again or no?
I would not buy them for full price. I got them as blems and think they are worth what i paid for them. That being said, they are definitely worse on wet rock than my reds were. I haven't gotten to wheel them on dry rock yet, but hopefully my trip in two weeks to Gore provides me with that opportunity. I am sure if you were just wheeling out west where it is dry they would be a lot better, and also they will probably get better as the knobs get rounded....

Got back from wheeling in Gore Va this weekend and can say the the SXII stickies perform like a completely different tire when not on wet rocks. Did most of the reds w/ the exception of insanity and maybe one other. The definitely dont stick like my reds did, but they did have enough traction to get me twisted up enough to crack my frame on all 4 corners, break a steel tube motor mount, and break 2 dana 60 spring plate studs. All in all I wheel at the Cove and Raush the most, so as long as it is dry(ish) i think they will work pretty well. Now i just need to figure out what i should swap all my parts over to, as at this point I am tired of repairing a rusty cracked up cj7 frame....

Buddy bought some 42s. Poked holes in 2 tires in 2 trips and killed one in a flop upright.
Racer buddy bought a set of 40s and had the comp cut like everyone does the 43s. Raced 8 hills with no flats but lost 30-40 lugs on the rear cuts.

Buddy bought some 42s. Poked holes in 2 tires in 2 trips and killed one in a flop upright.
Racer buddy bought a set of 40s and had the comp cut like everyone does the 43s. Raced 8 hills with no flats but lost 30-40 lugs on the rear cuts.
ok noted.... do not comp cut....

Able to get pics of the missing lugs?:beer:

Top Back Refresh