What's new

Sore Dick Deals

Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 8.12.27 PM.png

Amazon has some lawn and garden discounts including ReelWorks and Goodyear hose reels: LINK

From the towing forum.....Tractor Supply is clearing out a ton of Bulldog and Reese stuff to the tune of 75% off. My store hadn't updated the latest markdown pricing on the shelves yet so they still had a ton of stuff. The web pricing was correct and it rang up to that. Among other things, I got a nice adjustable shank hitch for about $70 that would have been over $300. :smokin:

A bunch of deals from Fasteners Inc: Promotions
  • DeWalt Cordless Lights
  • Buy a DeWalt Bare Tool and get one or two free PowerStack Batteries
  • DeWalt Batteries and Chargers
  • DeWalt Bare Tools
  • DeWalt Socket Sets
  • DeWalt Cordless Tool Sets
  • DeWalt Spend $75/$250/$750 get $5/$25/$80 (this looks like it stacks on top of the other discounts)
  • Bostitch Nailers
  • Diablo Blades
  • Makita Buy a Qualified Promo, Submit Purchase Information, Get a Promo Offer Sent to You - Typically buy a tool combo kit and get a free tool

Last edited:
Lowes has a DeWalt Automatic Air Compressor Tank Drain for half price ($56): https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-Dewalt-Auto-Electronic-Tank-Drain/5013769009

No experience with their unit, but I have a similar setup on my compressor that works well. I do question their analysis that says your tank will be 94% full of water in sixty days, though...

Dewalt.jpg
I built a DIY version similar to that with a pair of solenoid valves plumbed in series and a timed relay. 1 NO solenoid and 1 NC solenoid, all triggered from the pressure switch, had the NO on a timed relay. Every time the compressor kicked on the NC solenoid would open and the NO solenoid would close ~3 seconds later. All eBay or Menards parts, might have had $30 in it.

Old wore out Speedaire was on it's 3rd set of rings and the solenoids didn't like the oil and crust from the tank mixture going through them. Pin hole leak in the tank eventually took it out of service, but I kept all the parts. I should probably put it on the Porter Cable that I replaced it with. I don't think I've drained its tank in the 4 or 5 years I've owned it. :homer:

Today (03/15/2024) only, Woodward Fab has their bead rollers on sale plus a code for free shipping:

I was going to buy Eastwood's motor for the bead roller I'm building, but ordered Woodward Fab's today with the sale:

Got 10% off and saved about $35 in shipping ($413.99 total). Eastwood's is on sale ($349.97) and has a code for another $15 off that covers most of the shipping for a total of $371.92, but Eastwood's is a 1/6 hp and Woodward's is a 1/2 hp.

Fasteners has the 12A DeWalt Fast Charger for $69 - nearly half price: DeWalt DCB1112 12 AMP FAST CHARGER

Screen Shot 2024-03-23 at 2.38.53 PM.png

That's about the best I've seen that one. Generally, I've only seen it down to $99, so even paying for shipping this comes out better - or find another sale item to boost you over $150 to get free shipping: Promotions

Last edited:
Power stack? Anyone have experience with them?

I only have the standard 20V and 60V batteries. Their advertising says the Power Stack batteries have 2x the lifespan (charge cycles) and 50% more power and 50% more work per charge, but then have the asterisks with the disclaimer:
**Regarding our most powerful battery in its class: vs. DEWALT XR® batteries 5Ah or less; not in application. Regarding most efficient: usable energy vs. DEWALT XR Batteries 5Ah or less; not in application.

No idea what the "not in application" exactly means. On paper but not necessarily in practice?

I have the 1.7 and 5 ah PS batteries and they are usually the first 2 batteries I run.

Can't say I've ever compared them side by side with the normal batteries though.

It a turd? I remember when Randy's R&P designed it and was around $500.
Randy's doesn't even exist anymore looks like.
About a year ago the bearing puller was discussed here almost to an annoyance of other people.
I have the one you linked and used it to setup my gears in a set of ford one tons axles. I kept it even though I’ll probably never setup another new carrier ever.

About a year ago the bearing puller was discussed here almost to an annoyance of other people.
I have the one you linked and used it to setup my gears in a set of ford one tons axles. I kept it even though I’ll probably never setup another new carrier ever.
Guess I missed out on that.

Seems like that Velvor stuff is hot garbage. I bought a heated doormat from them off Amazon. First lasted a day, 2nd barely a week. Shorted out I guess.
They refunded it, but still owe me for my time and fuel hauling it to the postal... 40 min trip each time.

Guess I missed out on that.

Seems like that Velvor stuff is hot garbage. I bought a heated doormat from them off Amazon. First lasted a day, 2nd barely a week. Shorted out I guess.
They refunded it, but still owe me for my time and fuel hauling it to the postal... 40 min trip each time.
Page 3 of this thread. A few guys ordered it. I used it on my sterling and it did the job well enough an untrained YouTube mechanics was able to get the job done.

Page 3 of this thread. A few guys ordered it.

Seems like that Velvor stuff is hot garbage.
It's like the HF stuff - you have to consider what you're buying. I picked up the Bearing Puller and also got a Transmission Jack when Homie Depot had it half price. For the money, both are good with no major issues.

I have some vevor stuff. It's like Harbor freight but mail order.
Harbor Freight is mail order too.

I just ordered a socket set. Had to ship to WA then barge it to Anchorage, then I'll have to make a ~2 hour trip for it.

A friend of mine had the Yukon bearing puller and it was stored at my shop for a couple years until he moved and took it with him and I ended up buying the Vevor when they were dirt cheap last year. I'd say that if they were painted the same color you'd have a very hard time figuring out which one was which.

I have a Chinese made carrier puller set that I bought 7 years ago, looks exactly like that Vevor one listed. I've used it a couple dozen times now. Still works great. I probably will only do two or three more personal axle rebuilds from here on.

Top Back Refresh