Group events

New Mexico

Socorro Run Anyone?

'84 Bronco II

El Chingón
Member Number
Loc
NM
It's been too long since I last drug my pile across some rocks, would anyone else be interested in doing a Socorro trip somethime in the next month?

Could be in depending on when it happens. Heading to Moab November 9-13th. Elk hunt at the end of the month.

Could be in depending on when it happens. Heading to Moab November 9-13th. Elk hunt at the end of the month.

Throw a date out. I am pretty flexible other than Thanksgiving weekend. Friday, Saturday, & Sundays work for me, although I imagine a Saturday would be best for the majority of people.

Nah, just show up and run.

Probably not this year, but good to know in the future.

Only spoken for dates for me are the last Webe race in Aztec on Nov 12-13, this weekend, and probably thanksgiving as well. I can make stuff work almost anytime. Might be in the mood to just take my bike and ride along as a spotter for this one unless I can borrow a tow pig and find time to run prep the toyota lol

...unless we just wanted to do more stockish difficulty trails where I could just use the Bronco.

Bone stock on 35s for reference

...unless we just wanted to do more stockish difficulty trails where I could just use the Bronco.

Bone stock on 35s for reference
I might could be talked into a stockish run and take the jeep

ZJ on 32's with a rear locker.
I only know a couple of the easier trails though.

So it's looking like the weekend of November 5th or the weekend of the 19th work the best for the folks that have replied so far. Any preference between those two?

I am happy to run whatever the group is comfortable with, I am familiar with all the easy/moderate stuff out there if that will up the participation.

The 19th might be feasible but do not plan anything around me. Odds of me making it are slim no matter the date.

I think I like the 19th better as well. Does that work for everyone else who might be interested in joining? I am going to put it up on the group calendar.

Add it if you haven't already. Still wishy washy on whether or not I want to bring anything to wheel, but we'll see. I'll be more motivated by beer and campfires as well :flipoff2:

Are you wanting to camp out the Friday before? I might be interested, but I am a wuss with cold. I don't like when it gets below freezing at night. I do however like beer and fires :grinpimp:

Are you wanting to camp out the Friday before? I might be interested, but I am a wuss with cold. I don't like when it gets below freezing at night. I do however like beer and fires :grinpimp:
Meh, It's socorro. Long as you're not trying to camp on top of the staging hill it's only going to get down to 40, and even then it'll take all night to get there. I'm working that friday but I'm in to do that if you are.

The wife is definitely not going if we camp, but I am okay with that. Anyone else interested in camping in a strictly platonic manner? :flipoff2:

:laughing:

If i go I'll def be camping friday night.
Unless the wife wants to come along. Then we'd probably just hotel it in town rather than bring the bus. Trying to talk some of my edgewood folk to come along as well.

Stand around the campfire and drink until midnight then go back to the hotel. No party poopin!:flipoff2:

ETA: If you're bringin the bus you bringing 2 wheelers? I'm fighting the urge to bring something down on the hitch rack of the bronco

Stand around the campfire and drink until midnight then go back to the hotel. No party poopin!:flipoff2:

ETA: If you're bringin the bus you bringing 2 wheelers? I'm fighting the urge to bring something down on the hitch rack of the bronco
Nah. If wife doesn't come i'll just be throwing a cot in the dirt. Not going to haul the bu$ down for a single night.

Still highly unlikely but I need the ZJ tomorrow so doing a little work on it tonight is getting me stoked about possibly making it.

IMG_20221103_202702_925.jpg

Still highly unlikely but I need the ZJ tomorrow so doing a little work on it tonight is getting me stoked about possibly making it.

Looking forward to possibly seeing you out there :beer:

Enjoying some Beavis and Butthead? :laughing:

Catching up on the new season. 😆👍

Unfortunately just got word that we will be spreading my grandfather's ashes that weekend so we're out. Y'all have fun.

Wheeelp, looks like this is gonna be interesting then. '84 Bronco II Unless you have some kind of interest in doing the Barite mine loop, anything my bronco can do won't be super interesting. I'm always up for a ride-along though. Long as it's worth it to you lol

Figure out a way to get to mountainair via dirt. I've Google earthed the hell out of it. There's a ton of through roads but haven't been able to get down there to see what's gated and such.

Coyote Canyon (not Coyote Hills which most people misnomer as Canyon) is doable in a stock rig, or at least was last time I was down there.

Lower Armado depending on how the rain flowed. Can always up and back that if it's washed out.

Just blanked the name of the one going to Squeeze. That has the big slab waterfall as the first obstacle? That's doable stock if you run it backwards. Go down the wash and up over the hill to the super steep downhill into squeeze. Make a left then loop it back to the wash. Great directions I know. :laughing:

Top Back Refresh