What's new

Sick of Cheap Drill Bits - What Do I Want?

Has anyone else used Drill Hog stuff?
I bought this 9/16 to 1" kit earlier this year because they are supposed to have a lifetime warranty.
I needed to drill a bunch of 13/16 holes, and have used the 1" for ~3 holes since then. I'm happy with them, but haven't used any other big bits, so have nothing to compare them to.

I do NOT recommend the cheap Harbor Freight kit... I've never had another drill bit untwist on me. :lmao:

DSCF0638.JPG

I do NOT recommend the cheap Harbor Freight kit... I've never had another drill bit untwist on me. :lmao:

DSCF0638.JPG

You need a drill doctor. It will turn that reamer back into a drill bit thats of equal quality to the high end stuff :laughing:

Has anyone else used Drill Hog stuff?

1712100030742.png

1712100106954.png

I have read a lot of mixed reviews. Some of their bits are cheap, some are pretty pricey (up to like $300 a set.)

It seems like their warranty is pretty good though?

I have two of their step bits, and have used them a lot without any issue, but haven't bought any regular bits from them.

I too am in need of a decent set of quality drill bits, mostly for metal.
I own a set of their bits. They’re good quality

But yea 3 light flats as even as you can, is good nuff for a hand drill. It can waggle a lil an still come out ok. Done it more than a few times

Wut?!? How do you put flats on a bit shank and keep it true?!?
You don't but if you're using the bit in a hand drill it doesn't matter as long as it's not hugely off because the operator compensates.

Probly never welded a nut onto the ass of a tap before either?
Never needed to as I use tap sockets or chuck em up in a cordless drill add some tap paste and get to it. Why on earth would you weld a nut on one?!?

Amazon.com
Ive had good luck with these, some of the very small sizes suck, but everything 1/8 and up is good to go.

Never needed to as I use tap sockets or chuck em up in a cordless drill add some tap paste and get to it. Why on earth would you weld a nut on one?!?

Random size taps you dont have a tap socket for. Pipe thread for example

Oh kay Jethro

Works better than you might think. Expecially if the chuck on the shop drill is wore out and nobody is willing to replace it

To contribute, I bought a set from fastenal off the counter a few years ago. Looks like this, I guess they're norseman.

They've been amazing. Leagues better than my china hss Drill set. I've broken the tips off a few doing dumb things, and haven't needed to sharpen any of the unbroken ones yet. Mostly hand drill use, maybe a few of them in a chuck on the lathe, but usually mt drills get used there.
I have the same ones. Been very good.

I love the Viking bits for woodworking. I have their brad point set and a 29 piece set.

I have these. I bought them about a year ago for $70. I was sick of cheap bits too. Well these are way nicer than any of my previous bits so I haven’t used them. :homer:

Top Back Refresh