What's new

Shitbox Plow Truck

In that case, does the charger setting go on medium, or start:flipoff2:
:laughing:
Depends on how bad the lights dim when you lift the plow, I prefer medium but sometimes start is needed. Bonus points if copilot/beer holder can reach out and hit the switch when he reaches out to snap the ice of the wipers

You'll need these pigtails too.

Got 6" of wet heavy shit. Truck pushed just fine, but lost the alternator. Luckily it was up by the house and could get it parked out of the way.
Thanks. Didn't realize that was just new headlights in the original assemblies. Thought it was the entire unit. Even better - particularly the price!

Thanks. Didn't realize that was just new headlights in the original assemblies. Thought it was the entire unit. Even better - particularly the price!
I was going to replace the assemblies with upgraded lights, put Fisher is very proud of their lighting. These are plenty bright and cheap!

This just popped a P0300 code. Went from running great to complete dog shit. Going to look into narrowing down a cylinder tomorrow.

I'd go bigger... Like this Walter ACUS.

Attachments

• Image 12-12-23 at 5.20 PM.jpeg
    Image 12-12-23 at 5.20 PM.jpeg
    653.7 KB · Views: 32
I'd go bigger... Like this Walter ACUS.
There was a rash of FWD and Oshkosh plow trucks on CL in various places in northern New England like 5yr ago. I probably posted a few on the old site. Even after adjusting the prices for insanity he probably could have had one of them for what he paid for the pickup. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Definitely don't need something more than a pickup for 600' of driveway. Was plowing with a 30 hp tractor and a bucket. I wanted heat.

This just popped a P0300 code. Went from running great to complete dog shit. Going to look into narrowing down a cylinder tomorrow.
I think I tracked one down on my Yukon. Start with disconnecting the coil on each cylinder to see if it sounds shittier or not, easiest way to narrow down (you may know this).

mine wound up being 1 plugged injector that i cleared out with carb cleaner, but i think I also gave it new coils and plug wires during the whole escapade since the wife would be driving it as much as I do

I think I tracked one down on my Yukon. Start with disconnecting the coil on each cylinder to see if it sounds shittier or not, easiest way to narrow down (you may know this).

mine wound up being 1 plugged injector that i cleared out with carb cleaner, but i think I also gave it new coils and plug wires during the whole escapade since the wife would be driving it as much as I do
Oddly I took it for a road trip yesterday and it cleared itself out. So fixed? :smokin:

The above was my plan though. It's got some new coils on it.

P0300 and running like shit is likely a crank sensor signal issue rather than a misfire on those. The crank sensor wires go bad where they follow the starter cable under the front of the engine.

Those trucks also get all sorts of grounding issues. The braided strap from the firewall to the back of the motor, the ones to the driver's side radiator support mount ear on the frame, and the ones on the cab mount ear right below the driver's feet.

There was a rash of FWD and Oshkosh plow trucks on CL in various places in northern New England like 5yr ago. I probably posted a few on the old site. Even after adjusting the prices for insanity he probably could have had one of them for what he paid for the pickup. :flipoff2:
I own a couple of Walter Trucks and I just got one for $4800 at Auction in fact the twin of the one I posted. They are my obsession

Last edited:
Plow decided to not want to move halfway through clearing the driveway. Can hear the pump wanting to work. Suspect a clogged filter, ordered a new one with new fluid. Had to walk away from the damn thing and finish the driveway with the tractor.

Plow decided to not want to move halfway through clearing the driveway. Can hear the pump wanting to work. Suspect a clogged filter, ordered a new one with new fluid. Had to walk away from the damn thing and finish the driveway with the tractor.
so, sorry to hear that.

If it's not the filter or oil, make sure all your pins are clean in the harness connector. Also check the the wires where the enter the plug on each side (truck and plow). Mine fatigued and broke there. That and corrosion build up on the pins would randomly cause mine to not respond and do weird shit with the pump.

If it's not the filter or oil, make sure all your pins are clean in the harness connector. Also check the the wires where the enter the plug on each side (truck and plow). Mine fatigued and broke there. That and corrosion build up on the pins would randomly cause mine to not respond and do weird shit with the pump.
I did have issues Friday with the connection, but wasn't responding at all. No pump noise. Had to melt ice in the connection and got it working again. I'll look into it further this week. Filter and fluid will be a good thing to change regardless.

Between those and making sure you keep the plugs packed with dielectric grease, it cut down on finicky electronics quite a bit.

Between those and making sure you keep the plugs packed with dielectric grease, it cut down on finicky electronics quite a bit.
I fucked with the connections (mostly jiggled them til it worked) and got it good enough to plow yesterdays storm. You were correct. Files will be here today. I'll get the pins cleaned up and then grease them. Wanted to get them filed before grease. Fluid and filter will get done in the fall.

Pins cleaned and greased. Fixed the driver's door handle too. Rod fell out on the inside. Should be good to go.

IMG_20240112_144520567.jpg

Was having more trouble in the cold weather. Suspected water in the pump reservoir and fluid...

IMG_20240123_122814202.jpg

Got the whole pump assembly off and draining in my garage. I now can't get the 5/16 screws off that hold the reservoir on. What a stupid fucking design, Fisher. All rusted and stripped. Need the reservoir off to change the filter.

Got it fixed. Basically took the good stuff from my old plow and the good stuff from this one and made it work. Swapped motor, swapped pump valve, swapped spool valves, swapped pistons, swapped reservoir. Took all day, but finally got to plow the driveway.

Top Back Refresh