What's new

Shitbox Plow Truck

TiTRD

Red Skull Member
Member Number
Loc
Wilmington, VT
Picked up this 2001 2500HD with an 8' Fisher on it. 243k on it.

Not horribly rotted by Northeast standards. It surprisingly has a current Massachusetts sticker on it despite no ebrake and a 6x6 block of wood for a right rear shackle.

Changed the oil. Got some new plow lights in the mail. Going to clean up the shitty plow wiring and run it. Likely won't go further than a mile from my driveway.

6.0 4L80E

1700173611961.png

1700173638106.png

Not horribly rotted by Northeast standards. It surprisingly has a current Massachusetts sticker on it despite no ebrake and a 6x6 block of wood for a right rear shackle.

That's how you know the owner can't turn wrenches. Nobody who can turn their own wrenches is a lucrative enough customer to get that treatment.

Quit being a pussy. This is a pretty normal ghetto fix for this problem.

An 01 rotted out is a big reason I refuse to go back to Maine.

Amazon lights on.

Wiring is scary. My buddy who's good with that stuff is going to help me go through it.

The passenger side light stud rotted. Got a replacement in the mail.

1700250798124.png
Alligator clips from light pigtail to alternator post and ground:flipoff2:

Amazon lights on.

Wiring is scary. My buddy who's good with that stuff is going to help me go through it.

The passenger side light stud rotted. Got a replacement in the mail.

1700250798124.png
Link?

I need to replace mine and searches failed to turn those up for me. Even with "LED" in the search most of what I was getting was the incandescent bulb versions.

My 86 shitbox std cab short box beater plow rig is similar in quality, but with a manual choke it is way more fun to start when it is -10 outside.....

Link?

I need to replace mine and searches failed to turn those up for me. Even with "LED" in the search most of what I was getting was the incandescent bulb versions.

You'll need these pigtails too.

Got 6" of wet heavy shit. Truck pushed just fine, but lost the alternator. Luckily it was up by the house and could get it parked out of the way.

Top Back Refresh