What's new

RSWORDS 30x50x14 shop

that makes sense, give the bank money to somehow save money

Yeah... the small amount I'll pay pulling a 10 or 15k loan for a few months is the end of the world. I'll just not pay the tax bill I reckon lol.

At 6% it's like $250 :laughing:

The building has to be installed by April to keep my price locked in. If the cash stash is back up awesome. If not. I'll eat the extra few dollars and save the 3 grand the building went up in price :laughing:

I have the money in savings but I'm not pulling it for this. It's for emergencies

Some people actually know how to use loans and lines of credit properly.

I'm not financing a 80k truck at 15% for 10 years

Last edited:
i hope he is doing insulation. the bain of my existance is an uninsulated shop that even in my VERY low humidity climate i can hear my tools rusting.

It's horrible. In my shop I rent now I have a vent fan that runs 24/7 and it helps alot but still rains inside sometimes lol

Really fell behind on this. Mom broke her knee in end of January so Dads was home 10 weeks with her because she couldn't walk. That meant all I did was work at the shop. I don't know who got the better deal, him or me, all she did was complain about not being able to take care of her horses and not being able to work. At 64 years old she still stomps thru the woods daily doing soil samples for perc tests....

Thank god we have an awesome group of people here and they kept everything running, defiantly couldn't have done it without them.

Anyway...

Rented a mini-ex, bought a bunch of beer and tricked my buddies into helping me. Got the footer dug a couple weekends ago and then I took off a day this week to get the forms up. Plumbing rough in is happening today, inspection on Monday then slab goes in Wednesday. Hopefully the building will be up by the end of the month.

FB_IMG_1712316129080.jpg

FB_IMG_1712316134793.jpg

FB_IMG_1712316138999.jpg

FB_IMG_1712316131796.jpg

FB_IMG_1712316141495.jpg

20240405_071809.jpg

Awesome build. Looks like a 6" slab? I'm just starting research on putting up a similar 30x50 for a shop in my backyard. Up until this week I was going to stick build, but now I'm leaning towards metal. My only concern is insulation.

How are you insulating yours? I'll be running AC so I'm mainly worried about the building sweating. It's humid as hell here.

Awesome build. Looks like a 6" slab? I'm just starting research on putting up a similar 30x50 for a shop in my backyard. Up until this week I was going to stick build, but now I'm leaning towards metal. My only concern is insulation.

How are you insulating yours? I'll be running AC so I'm mainly worried about the building sweating. It's humid as hell here.

It will be spray foamed at some point when I have the $$$

I hope you're getting 5k concrete or it's being trucked into the middle of BFE for that price.

A yard of 5k is $200ish/yd here. The extra $15 must be from the inefficiency of using a mixer that loads and unloads from the wrong end. :flipoff2:

I hope you're getting 5k concrete or it's being trucked into the middle of BFE for that price.

A yard of 5k is $200ish/yd here. The extra $15 must be from the inefficiency of using a mixer that loads and unloads from the wrong end. :flipoff2:
Yeah but we have plants all over the place here

It's the going rate here for 4k. That's with the crisp $100 bill discount too. It's about 30min one way.

That's also including the fuel surcharge and fiber

Last edited:
Impressive.

Did you hire a finishing crew or was it just you and your buddies?

For $5800 I hope you went with a smooth finish for the easy rolling and easy cleanup.

Last edited:
Building was the cheap part :laughting. Just under 20k installed. Slab is gonna be 10k, site work about the same.
Wow that's cheap! I've gotten quotes in the $150-185 sq ft area to add on to my shop. Wish I was kidding.

Top Back Refresh