What's new

RIP the 6.2 gasser!

Keep us updated on the 6.8 truck, always like hearing your feedback from the field

I bought into the hype and picked up the twin to your old '19 work truck. Probably even came from a similar environment. I'm already ready to go back to a '90s truck. Dinging warning lights ticking uncomfortable annoying thing.

I will say it is a pretty damn capable vehicle, but i'd rather spend time my '96 chevy that has twice the miles on it. I guess I'm just one of those weirdos that gets pissed off by new vehicles.

I'd love to scrape the bullshit off that 6.2, hang a turbo on it, and stuff it in a hotrod.

Today is day 5. Truck had 15 miles on it when I got the keys. It has 568 miles right now. I’m very impressed and pleased with the power and responsiveness of this engine.

I’m not a fan of all the electronics. Everything is ran through the CAN system. Every time you turn it off and turn it back on it it reverts to what I would say is default settings. Very annoying if you get in and out of it 20 times a day. I knew I wouldn’t like a CAN system running literally everything, and I don’t like it. The headlights are not controlled by a positive position switch. So every time you turn the truck on, it defaults to headlights on. I don’t like that the gauge pod changes modes to a default every time I turn it off.

Most comfortable seats I’ve had since 2010 which means everyone else will say they are stiff and uncomfortable. I have a messed up lower back so what I like in a seat is different than most.

Aesthetics are good. Rides nice now that it’s loaded. Thought I’d have the lower valance ripped off already but it just folds out of the way and snaps right back. Haven’t put chains on it yet but day isn’t over yet.
image.jpg

Today is day 5. Truck had 15 miles on it when I got the keys. It has 568 miles right now. I’m very impressed and pleased with the power and responsiveness of this engine.

I’m not a fan of all the electronics. Everything is ran through the CAN system. Every time you turn it off and turn it back on it it reverts to what I would say is default settings. Very annoying if you get in and out of it 20 times a day. I knew I wouldn’t like a CAN system running literally everything, and I don’t like it. The headlights are not controlled by a positive position switch. So every time you turn the truck on, it defaults to headlights on. I don’t like that the gauge pod changes modes to a default every time I turn it off.

Most comfortable seats I’ve had since 2010 which means everyone else will say they are stiff and uncomfortable. I have a messed up lower back so what I like in a seat is different than most.

Aesthetics are good. Rides nice now that it’s loaded. Thought I’d have the lower valance ripped off already but it just folds out of the way and snaps right back. Haven’t put chains on it yet but day isn’t over yet.
Agree 100%, the nanny can bus shit gets on my nerves bad in my wifes truck. Fill up and want to reset trip, nope got to wait for it to ding at you and hit ok 15 times. Have your tried to back up with door open yet?

IMO you and some other guys in this thread could really benefit from investing the $50 for a Forscan/USB dongle.

A lot of common complaints are easily addressed.

Can't wait to follow along with this truck.
Care to enlighten us? I turned off everything I could find in the 22' f150, and I've got my 20 f250 how i like it.

Care to enlighten us? I turned off everything I could find in the 22' f150, and I've got my 20 f250 how i like it.
I just mean turn off all the dingers, door open/seatbelt/ etc.
That step alone makes starting the truck a non-nanny truck experience.

Even on the poverty package trucks there are sublte adjustments that allow you to dial in the various features, lights etc.
For JR this might be of help
Headlamp Switch "Auto" to Last Known

Here's the current list for the 23+

Auto Regen Checkbox
Auto Start/Stop Disable
Autofold Mirror Factory
Autofold Mirror Lincoln Style
Bambi Mode (High Beams / Fogs)
Bluetooth Name
Bulb-Front Turn Bulb Outage Detection
Bulb-Front Turn LED Outage Detection
Bulb-Rear Turn Bulb Outage Detection
Bulb-Rear Turn LED Outage Detection
Car Finder (2x Click Horn)
Double Honk w/o Key in Truck
Double Horn on Lock key fob in truck
DPF% on screen (may already be enabled)
DRL Full Brightness w/Headlights
DRL w/Turn Signal (Switchback)
Enable 75th Anniversary Splash Screen
Enable Cimate Bar at the bottom of Sync screen
Enable Cooled and/or Heated Seats to Climate Bar
Enable Heated Steering Wheel on Climate Bar
Enable Unreal Sync Theme
Fog Light Remember
Front Turn Bulb Outage Detection
Front Turn LED Outage Detection
Headlamp Switch "Auto" to Last Known
Heated Wheel Steering Wheel Temp
Hill Descent
KeyFOB Panic Alert
KeyFOB Panic Button
Navigation in Motion
Navigation Display on HUD
PowerPoint Max Timeout
Rear Turn Bulb Outage Detection
Rear Turn LED Outage Detection
Remove Black Box on Reverse
Running Lights w/DRL
Seatbelt Chimes-Disables All
Temps on Gauges 12" Cluster only
Tire Size
TPMS
Trailer TPMS Enable
Triple Ding at Start Up
Turn Signal Flash

Why throw the spare on the roof?
Several really good reasons. We can average 100 miles a day in mud. The mechanism to lower and raise the spare gets obliterated with debris and they lock up. We wear the tires out yearly, I get a new set of tires every fall. I’ve never went a year without getting a flat tire out here. It’s just a matter of convenience to get it off the top instead of out from underneath. I’m 30 miles from pavement right now and there’s no convenient place to pull over and change one. If I had to drop it from the original spot right now I’d be pissed.

And it looks cool

Thought it was a long bed, looks short in that last picture :laughing: dang, oh well. Onto the next fantasy truck for me

I just mean turn off all the dingers, door open/seatbelt/ etc.
That step alone makes starting the truck a non-nanny truck experience.

Even on the poverty package trucks there are sublte adjustments that allow you to dial in the various features, lights etc.
For JR this might be of help
Any idea what the black box on reverse is?

Also is there a way to view tpms in motion in an xl? like the previous generation was able to?

Is there a link to that forscan spreadsheet? Looks like there is more available since this time last year when i did my 22' f150

that headlamp switch to last known will be really nice

And it looks cool

Thought it was a long bed, looks short in that last picture :laughing: dang, oh well. Onto the next fantasy truck for me
Disappointingly it is a short bed. My last truck was a long bed. This is what they gave me so it’s what I’ve got to live with.

Several really good reasons. We can average 100 miles a day in mud. The mechanism to lower and raise the spare gets obliterated with debris and they lock up. We wear the tires out yearly, I get a new set of tires every fall. I’ve never went a year without getting a flat tire out here. It’s just a matter of convenience to get it off the top instead of out from underneath. I’m 30 miles from pavement right now and there’s no convenient place to pull over and change one. If I had to drop it from the original spot right now I’d be pissed.
10-4. that makes sense. Though I kind of want to ask why not just leave it in the bed. 🤷

image.jpg

Is the cell phone booster antenna worth the money?

Looks like the new one sits a little lower than the old one. That’ll be nice for working out of the bed as long as it doesn’t hinder you off road

IMO you and some other guys in this thread could really benefit from investing the $50 for a Forscan/USB dongle.

I need to do this

Any idea what the black box on reverse is?

Also is there a way to view tpms in motion in an xl? like the previous generation was able to?

Is there a link to that forscan spreadsheet? Looks like there is more available since this time last year when i did my 22' f150

that headlamp switch to last known will be really nice

Assuming the "black box" is in relation to the 360 cameras.

"maybe i am misunderstanding what the reverse black box removal does?? I was under the impression it just removed the box around the birds eye view of the truck on the right side of the screen when put in reverse? no?"

Here's where that chart came from, this may not be the only sheet available, many forums are making their own.

Assuming the "black box" is in relation to the 360 cameras.

"maybe i am misunderstanding what the reverse black box removal does?? I was under the impression it just removed the box around the birds eye view of the truck on the right side of the screen when put in reverse? no?"

Here's where that chart came from, this may not be the only sheet available, many forums are making their own.

Direct link to list on FTE (I removed https, so link would show).

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_Cd6KHPGhJ8Hm5jWHmtTwm5vLQUi-Cy_lIduTZLjnhk/edit?pli=1#gid=1226233122

And 23+ SD FORSCAN thread.

I also did TPMS change for thresholds.
My rear is 75 on sticker, which means 63 is factory threshold.

I run about that when not towing, so it was a PIA. I reset
rear to 50 and front to 45.

I rage ordered forescan/obdlink while i was hooking up the trailer to my truck on saturday morning. Thing was just dinging and flashing at me left and right "no seatbelt, door open, vehicle is running, etc etc" while I'm playing the hook up the trailer by braille game.

Came in on sunday and man I should have done that immediately after I bought the truck. In less than an hour I had all that shit turned off and corrected the speedo.

Now if I can chase down valvetrain (exhaust?) tick of death I might not dislike this thing as much

I rage ordered forescan/obdlink while i was hooking up the trailer to my truck on saturday morning. Thing was just dinging and flashing at me left and right "no seatbelt, door open, vehicle is running, etc etc" while I'm playing the hook up the trailer by braille game.

Came in on sunday and man I should have done that immediately after I bought the truck. In less than an hour I had all that shit turned off and corrected the speedo.

Now if I can chase down valvetrain (exhaust?) tick of death I might not dislike this thing as much
Can you elaborate? Link?

I’m technologically challenged to say the least. Coding/programming is out of the question for me. Plugging something in and making selections is gonna top out my capabilities. I’m a Neanderthal

I think killing the buzzers is almost mandatory...

For the keyless ignition trucks the double horn honk will really piss you off too.

Have you cut a oil filter yet? You might be making a problem :barf:

My dad's 5.0 made a tick that the dealer diagnosed has the HP fuel pump, does the 6.2 have that?

Can you elaborate? Link?

I’m technologically challenged to say the least. Coding/programming is out of the question for me. Plugging something in and making selections is gonna top out my capabilities. I’m a Neanderthal
It's not coding...
You change a digit from one number to another number, that's simplifying it but that's the deal.

It would probably be pretty easy to help you remotely with a screen sharing software.

Look at the spreadsheet I posted, find a feature you want to change and read the pars in red, that's all you do.
I'd suggest making backups of your as-built before modifying so you can un-fuck something if a mistake is made.

This is what you need (or something like it).

$60
OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter Amazon.com

Reactions: RMO
Can you elaborate? Link?

Carter craft hit it. I watched the first YouTube video I saw on it and just blindly followed his lead. Basically scrolled through changing “enabled” to “disabled”. It’s pretty easy I put nearly zero thought into it

I didn’t do the as built change numbers deal, I went in the other table where it is written out for you

Have you cut a oil filter yet? You might be making a problem :barf:

My dad's 5.0 made a tick that the dealer diagnosed has the HP fuel pump, does the 6.2 have that?
It is port injected. And no, I'm more of a let the problem present itself sort of troubleshooter. I need to pull a valve cover to see if its got a broken valve spring but I kinda doubt thats it

I bought this thing cause of all the hype about it being the best most reliable newish 3/4 ton truck. Its got more nagging issues than the '89 F250 it replaced

Top Back Refresh