What's new

Pics of me towing stuff

Moved this D12 (case 310E) from across the street, no tie downs.:flipoff2:Not running so had to use the ex, New Holland and have my boy run the winch on the front of the trailer. Tractordata says 1961-1964 #5300-7545. Storing it for the old neighbor until he decides what to do with it. It might just end up being lawn art at my house.
310E.jpg

How do you like the expedizzle?

We looked at them before the F150, but wife wanted a truck. Man they were cheap for that body style at the time though.

Iirc, in early 2019 a 2017 xlt was like $18k with 70k miles or so.
My wife wants one. It’s insane how a 2023 goes for 70-90k and a 2020-2021 will be 45-50k and 2018s are 35k. These things don’t hold value for shit.

How do you like the expedizzle?

We looked at them before the F150, but wife wanted a truck. Man they were cheap for that body style at the time though.

Iirc, in early 2019 a 2017 xlt was like $18k with 70k miles or so.
2013 limited, Bought it with 119k miles on it...I like it..I'm a ford fan..(well and a ram fan:laughing:)...we ran expo and f150 for work with very little problems and they were treated like rentals :homer:

I've put 13k miles on it in 9 months (I have 5 cars to chose from:laughing:) I put a tune up on it when purchased and new hoses....radiator started to seep and was replaced under warranty

Put raptor takeoffs with 33in tires, new bilsteins and 2in lift. It has been on the Mohave road, and Mormon well rd , plus a few other dirt roads..has neat 4x4 system that will act like front and rear lifted slips that work.

It can tow 9k and I have a Lil 22ft Lance camper it can tow if needed..

Drove to Phoenix to pick up the trailer...rides decent on the highway with the shocks and lift..:grinpimp:

My wife wants one. It’s insane how a 2023 goes for 70-90k and a 2020-2021 will be 45-50k and 2018s are 35k. These things don’t hold value for shit.

Mines a limited..has power fold down 3rd seat that has come in handy when friends flew in from out of town..I can take the expo vs my ram CC

20230223_121554.jpg
20230217_121708.jpg
20230217_115720.jpg

Just realized..the last pic..the 2 other cars in the photo used to be mine...:laughing::lmao:

#Rocdoc would be proud...:laughing:

Last edited:
We paid low $50s for a 2019 platinum with around 30k on it earlier this year. It was legitimately $30k cheaper a comparable new version.

2013 limited, Bought it with 119k miles on it...I like it..I'm a ford fan..(well and a ram fan:laughing:)...we ran expo and f150 for work with very little problems and they were treated like rentals :homer:

I've put 13k miles on it in 9 months (I have 5 cars to chose from:laughing:) I put a tune up on it when purchased and new hoses....radiator started to seep and was replaced under warranty

Put raptor takeoffs with 33in tires, new bilsteins and 2in lift. It has been on the Mohave road, and Mormon well rd , plus a few other dirt roads..has neat 4x4 system that will act like front and rear lifted slips that work.

It can tow 9k and I have a Lil 22ft Lance camper it can tow if needed..

Drove to Phoenix to pick up the trailer...rides decent on the highway with the shocks and lift..:grinpimp:
Whats the lift that you used?....how much of a downgrade would that be compared to a v10 excursion?

Whats the lift that you used?....how much of a downgrade would that be compared to a v10 excursion?

3in front 2in rear cheap metal spacer lift from ebay....I swapped the shocks with bilsteins at the same time all around.....I also added the poly spacer in the rear as I do tow with it occasionally..towed my 22ft 4500lb Lance easily

Depends on the year of the Excursion....I've owned a 99 v10 pickup, and a 2001 v10 pickup....the 2013 5.4 has more power imho....iirc the expo has 9k tow rating

I think towing, the ex would do better with the 18in longer wheelbase..but that's it...I love the turning radius in the expo way better in tight parking lots...and the limted has power fold 3 row seats..

3in front 2in rear cheap metal spacer lift from ebay....I swapped the shocks with bilsteins at the same time all around.....I also added the poly spacer in the rear as I do tow with it occasionally..towed my 22ft 4500lb Lance easily

Depends on the year of the Excursion....I've owned a 99 v10 pickup, and a 2001 v10 pickup....the 2013 5.4 has more power imho....iirc the expo has 9k tow rating

I think towing, the ex would do better with the 18in longer wheelbase..but that's it...I love the turning radius in the expo way better in tight parking lots...and the limted has power fold 3 row seats..
So what if it was el?

Expedition el = 131"

Excusion = 137"

expi can be had with a ecboost, and 6 spd. but it looks like i would be overweight without a WDH....and the IRS seems sketch to me.

So what if it was el?

Expedition el = 131"

Excusion = 137"

expi can be had with a ecboost, and 6 spd. but it looks like i would be overweight without a WDH....and the IRS seems sketch to me.
I like the ecoboost and 6 speed..would definitely work better than the v10

I think the El would definitely help with a longer trailer...

I have something like these...

Suspension Air Helper Spring - 2005-2021 Ford Expedition - SuperSprings

Review Fitment Notes

Part Number: 18211-03947361

Brand: SuperSprings

Notes: Coil SumoSprings -- Coil Capacity Increase 15-30 Percent; Fill Out Coil SumoSprings Inspection before O

Also with the bilsteins being a Lil stiffer, I have no issues with the irs in the rear....I have also towed quite a bit with ram trucks and ford trucks with solid rear axles...

I own a 2500 ram and the expo...I do not sweat the irs rear..tows like my solid axle with my set up, and I tow the trailer with both rigs on the freeway at 70 to 75

Ymmv.:flipoff2:

I like the ecoboost and 6 speed..would definitely work better than the v10

I think the El would definitely help with a longer trailer...

I have something like these...

Suspension Air Helper Spring - 2005-2021 Ford Expedition - SuperSprings

Review Fitment Notes

Part Number: 18211-03947361

Brand: SuperSprings

Notes: Coil SumoSprings -- Coil Capacity Increase 15-30 Percent; Fill Out Coil SumoSprings Inspection before O

Also with the bilsteins being a Lil stiffer, I have no issues with the irs in the rear....I have also towed quite a bit with ram trucks and ford trucks with solid rear axles...

I own a 2500 ram and the expo...I do not sweat the irs rear..tows like my solid axle with my set up, and I tow the trailer with both rigs on the freeway at 70 to 75

Ymmv.:flipoff2:
I want to see a pic!!! I am very tempted at this. Im talking at most a 20' trailer, with a #8500 weight

I want to see a pic!!! I am very tempted at this. Im talking at most a 20' trailer, with a #8500 weight
No pics, but I threw my buddys 18? foot car trailer on the back of my Expo, no trailer brakes :flipoff2:, and hauled a pair of RZR 1000s a couple hours north into the White Mountains and back and it was extremely comfortable with that. 2011 5.4 3v 6r80 3.73 265/70R17

IDK what kind of weight it truly was. Not 8500 for sure

Moving just the house of a truck crane?

I can happily provide that forklift a home if you want to get rid of it :grinpimp:

Aaron Z

I mean it's cool for what it is, but definitely not worth the money. Everything is beyond cheap feeling, doesn't lift all that much, no speed, doesn't even turn sharp like a big one. It also has some wierd drag brake. Like you can be in gear on a hill and it won't move untill you give it quite a bit of throttle. We all thought it was the parking brake stuck on, it's really strange.

Top Back Refresh