What's new

Open Source PWM Fan Controller

Younger me definitely would have had it in the cab, and maybe even now on some other vehicles like a dedicated wheeler. But this time, I put in all the hard work so I never have to look at it again haha. Realistically I want this thing to end up basically being a set it and forget it deal. I've got the OEM temp gauge on the dash, and it bings with an idiot light if the temp gets too high. Otherwise, I'll just let it do its thing

Alright have some humor for you guys. Think heat was an issue? Gotta love low temp thermoplastics like good ole PLA. I’ll be moving it to somewhere ambient anyways (after it goes in the new case), but I really need to start tinkering with petg and/or abs. But pretty sure the heat was causing the arduino to throttle pretty hard too, fingers crossed

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg

Last edited:
Alright have some humor for you guys. Think heat was an issue? Gotta love low temp thermoplastics like good ole PLA. I’ll be moving it to somewhere ambient anyways (after it goes in the new case), but I really need to start tinkering with petg and/or abs. But pretty sure the heat was causing the arduino to throttle pretty hard too, fingers crossed

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0248.jpeg
Might be an issue LOL

All installed in the new case with a few small design updates. I’ll probably upload this latest revision of the case when the time comes, I think it’s set. But don’t want to do the big comprehensive update post with the parts list, code, and how-to until I have a good amount of issue free run time to stress test it.

IMG_0254.jpeg

Alright round 2 in a smarter location lol. Far side of the air box, should be one of the cooler spots in the engine bay I think. Didn’t have to replace any electronics in the box and all seems happy. Just didn’t like being hot. Wiring should be in a loom, round ‘tuit

IMG_0258.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg

Alright round 2 in a smarter location lol. Far side of the air box, should be one of the cooler spots in the engine bay I think. Didn’t have to replace any electronics in the box and all seems happy. Just didn’t like being hot. Wiring should be in a loom, round ‘tuit

IMG_0258.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg
That's a good fit.

That's a good fit.

Yeah I think it'll be happier over there. Still amused at the result of the first attempt, if anyone was wondering about how PLA holds up to the heat of a radiator lol.

I've been experimenting with Fritzing for the first time, figured might as well try to recreate the wiring I did here. Buuuut I'm doing it from memory, the code, and some bad pictures so I need to double check it :lmao:.It's a little sloppy in the fact that there are a few shared grounds, but seems easy enough to read still

PWM Fan Controller - Fritzing Example.png

Yeah I think it'll be happier over there. Still amused at the result of the first attempt, if anyone was wondering about how PLA holds up to the heat of a radiator lol.

I've been experimenting with Fritzing for the first time, figured might as well try to recreate the wiring I did here. Buuuut I'm doing it from memory, the code, and some bad pictures so I need to double check it :lmao:.It's a little sloppy in the fact that there are a few shared grounds, but seems easy enough to read still

PWM Fan Controller - Fritzing Example.png
Seems like it's what you need to be able to recreate it.

Top Back Refresh