What's new

Oddball Heavy Equipment

Anybody want a spider excavator?? No idea if the price is good or bad, but it’s interesting.

IMG_8630.png
IMG_8631.png
Dam, I just saw this. I would have bought it over my miniX. I don’t know how I would have hauled it. Wonder how fast it can drive down a road.

Dam, I just saw this. I would have bought it over my miniX. I don’t know how I would have hauled it. Wonder how fast it can drive down a road.

I was about to buy one recently for half that price but when playing with it they are so awkward and slow I couldnt justify it. Now if your working on the side of a cliff it may be your only option.

Here's one for ya

We call it a corn destroyer or male corn masher

Has hydraulically adjustable track width from 60-120+ inches wide

418604343_419462690529631_3200614159766202813_n.jpg

Wood chipper with a side grapple arm, side feed, cab elevates, operators seat pivots, chipper shoot rotates the tires are over 5’ tall. It looks expensive.
67A1F5A7-B686-4609-B46C-2B4E66C8DFC9.jpeg
They do highway maintenance around here with those.

The output will fuck up a one of the big highway signs and break the breakaway mounts in the process. :laughing:

These came up in my YT feed - sugar beet harvesting. The first is just an overview of the operation and the second one gives more detail on the loader.

I was curious why they just dumped the sugar beets along the end of the field, but the loader not only gets them over the hedgerow but also further cleans the dirt off of them. It took me a moment to realize the contraption at the back end was a counterweight for the loading arm.

Interesting to see how the Europeans do it. Defoliator and lifter in one self propelled package.

Tiny stuff compared to US sugarbeet equipment. Look like smaller beets, too. But our main harvest is done in a few weeks, so it's a lot of large equipment behind tractors running around the clock. Crazy to see, and lots of mud on the road if it's a wet year. Tractors dragging semis through the field to keep harvest going.

Youtube sugar beet mafia for a fancy drone shot and edited version of the Red River Valley sugarbeet harvest. Lots of money to be made in a short time.

Interesting to see how the Europeans do it. Defoliator and lifter in one self propelled package.

Tiny stuff compared to US sugarbeet equipment. Look like smaller beets, too. But our main harvest is done in a few weeks, so it's a lot of large equipment behind tractors running around the clock. Crazy to see, and lots of mud on the road if it's a wet year. Tractors dragging semis through the field to keep harvest going.

Youtube sugar beet mafia for a fancy drone shot and edited version of the Red River Valley sugarbeet harvest. Lots of money to be made in a short time.
I was kind of surprised that they effectively handled the 3 times before they were loaded in to a truck. Can't see how that's efficient....but I guess stockpiling them in big rows like that means they can load trucks one after another regardless of weather. And if a truck or two breaks down, they're only shutting down or slowing down the loading vs. the entire operation if they were loading right out of the ground.

I've been eyeballing those spider cranes for awhile...

unic_urw_094_mini_spider_crane2-456x342.jpg

But then I saw an even smaller version:
ack-o-twin-track-66-mini-crawler-crane-03-610x1030.jpg
I’ve never run across the right deal on a cheap mini ex with a broken boom but otherwise in good shape, but I’d like to mount a service truck crane on a mini ex.

Top Back Refresh