What's new

Oddball Heavy Equipment

Those 3 wheel shears are pretty funny. I've heard they can be really quick on flat ground with lots of smaller timber, but any type of slope and it gets scetchy quick :laughing:

These 2 come to mind for me

The Jiraffe trimmer. Looked cool, guy running it asked if I wanted to try. Cut one limb and figured I'd had enough :laughing: just a goofy thing to run. That boom gets so floppy sticking way out there. The operator said he liked to kinda line up and snipe stuff by telicoping out.

gallery-4wd-tree-trimmer-02.jpg
gallery-4wd-tree-trimmer-07.jpg

The sennebogen or Cinnabon:laughing:

Thought it was goofy on day 1, but ended up being pretty bad ass for taking trees down near powerlines and along roads.

Clearing_on_Highway.5b58bc6bcdcc9.jpeg

This video I took, first tree it cut. The guy got much faster after that.

Both were owner by mountain enterprise (Gomez bros)

Those 3 wheel shears are pretty funny. I've heard they can be really quick on flat ground with lots of smaller timber, but any type of slope and it gets scetchy quick :laughing:

These 2 come to mind for me

The Jiraffe trimmer. Looked cool, guy running it asked if I wanted to try. Cut one limb and figured I'd had enough :laughing: just a goofy thing to run. That boom gets so floppy sticking way out there. The operator said he liked to kinda line up and snipe stuff by telicoping out.

gallery-4wd-tree-trimmer-02.jpg
gallery-4wd-tree-trimmer-07.jpg

The sennebogen or Cinnabon:laughing:

Thought it was goofy on day 1, but ended up being pretty bad ass for taking trees down near powerlines and along roads.

Clearing_on_Highway.5b58bc6bcdcc9.jpeg

This video I took, first tree it cut. The guy got much faster after that.

Both were owner by mountain enterprise (Gomez bros)

My buddy was talking about buying on if those sonneboggens for his urban logging business. He logs in Chicago.

My buddy was talking about buying on if those sonneboggens for his urban logging business. He logs in Chicago.
I take it he's doing fancy pants shit. Around here whoever gets the highway contract just sends a wheeled excavator with a flail mower, no chase truck, no nothing.

Nothing puts a smile on my face like seeing that flail mower hanging over the noise barrier into a million dollar back yard when I'm on my way to work at 5am. Fuck those people. :laughing:

I take it he's doing fancy pants shit. Around here whoever gets the highway contract just sends a wheeled excavator with a flail mower, no chase truck, no nothing.

Nothing puts a smile on my face like seeing that flail mower hanging over the noise barrier into a million dollar back yard when I'm on my way to work at 5am. Fuck those people. :laughing:
Yeah he gets contracts to trim the tree lined roads in the Chicago suburbs. He would get fired using a fail mower lol.

The Bell feller looks like an overgrown version of the original Bobcat:
Keller_7B.JPG

I was going to say the tree stomper looks like they took away the body, boom, and such from a walking dragline - turns out I wasn't too far off...

Not surprised it is a Letourneau. Crazy oversized oddball equipment? Likely it is a Letourneau piece.

I could put him in contact with the operator if he wants. As far as I know, he's been running that same machine pretty much full time since that video. He also had ~30 years of logging experience beforehand.

It's hard to justify the cost of it over a guy in a bucket truck, but it's faster, safer and is able to place the slash wherever you want.

Yeah. I want that single axle Kubota deathtrap sooooooooooooo bad.

It sucks you can't just buy them, or the three wheel motorcycle dump trucks from India, or......
The mid size to large tiller ish tractor machines that they run?
If you make it down to NY and want a 10ish horsepower Italian version I have a Mainline Mountaineer II REV1500 that I could make you a screaming deal on. It's all gear drive, fwd/rev, 3 or 4 speeds, locking diff, wheel brakes, has a tiller with a hiller on it.
Needs a seal put in it (have the seal) and probably the carb cleaned (last ran in 2018, hasn't bubbled to the top of the list to fix since).
IMG_20180702_184612.jpg

IMG_20180702_184616.jpg

IMG_20180702_184751.jpg

Aaron Z

Those kubota tiller powerpacks have an entire custom truck/equipment hedge industry built around them. Pretty cool to see what they accomplish at a local level and the quality levels range from farmer to professional. Warning, these channels are a fuckin rabbit hole

I actually have a verson of that thing out behind the shop
was Grandpas, and I ran it as a kid helping out

think it has a Briggs, no muffler, flame shot right out of it :grinpimp:
Has a three speed, clutch was pull the lever and the belt would tighten up
no recoil, so you had to wind the string every....fucking....time

Has a little trailer with a seat on the front, sit there and steer

It was pretty cool 12y/i me thought so anyway

would drive right through a fence if you let it (I know:laughing:)

I ought to dig that thing out

Whoa, nobody looked at this high reach FEL?
1/2 Bobcat, 1/2 telehandler

If that has PTO, that ‘d be cool to have around
9B2069FE-37CC-4412-AC6E-34D99DD8B069.png

Whoa, nobody looked at this high reach FEL?
1/2 Compact Tractor, 1/2 telehandler

If that has PTO, that ‘d be cool to have around
9B2069FE-37CC-4412-AC6E-34D99DD8B069.png
FTFY. Most likely has a PTO unless they are using it to power the hydraulics. Looks like it started life as an Iseki tractor:
1674428801474.png

Probably can't take the rear weight off unless you add at least that much more weight to the back or it will land on its nose.
OSHA or MSHA would have a field day with it as well :laughing:

Aaron Z

FTFY. Most likely has a PTO unless they are using it to power the hydraulics. Looks like it started life as an Iseki tractor:
1674428801474.png

Probably can't take the rear weight off unless you add at least that much more weight to the back or it will land on its nose.
OSHA or MSHA would have a field day with it as well :laughing:

Aaron Z
My neighbor used to have a bunch of old rough terrain forklifts built like that. They looked like a normal tractor with a big rear mounted loader on them, not like the normal off road lifts that look "backward" or like an old lull. I wish I had some pictures, I can't find anything online that's even close

Top Back Refresh