What's new

Oddball Heavy Equipment

Warning. Watch with mute on. :shaking:

Reminds me of deathmachine's loader.

I was considering doing similar but on the front side of a forklift with this.
2818.jpg

I was considering doing similar but on the front side of a forklift with this.
2818.jpg
Seems to me the back side could make more sense.

Whey waste "counterweight" as useless cast iron, when it could be useful crane?
If you put it on the front, then you lose the forklift part of the machine.

Only issue with putting it on the rear is you'd need outriggers (or a way to lock the steer axle from tilting...).

Edit: Oh, and...how many crane's do you need man! Leave some for the rest of us!

Only issue with putting it on the rear is you'd need outriggers (or a way to lock the steer axle from tilting...).

Edit: Oh, and...how many crane's do you need man! Leave some for the rest of us!
I'd want the counterweight in the normal spot for capacity. I've got other forklifts for regular activities. It would be handy to use inside some customers factories setting equipment and building stuff.

Working alone most of the time means I need equipment, and buying crane stuff is better than paying taxes.

A newer Toyota forklift (7 or 8 series) will have a hydraulic cylinder on the steer axle to lock articulation on the axle.

Aaron Z

Top Back Refresh