What's new

MANUAL GREASEGUN 101 FOR SUB-nOOBS

I can’t believe there needs to be a thread about grease guns. There’s one on every forum I’ve ever been on, and every guy who uses one once a year thinks they need a battery powered gun.

And if you're greasing shit some semblance of regularly the zerks won't sieze and a crappy impor pneumatic gun will be fine.

^^ This is so true.

I guess learning to use and load a grease gun at like 12 so I could daily grease the tractor and implement I was running taught me a major skill in life that I didn’t even know was a “major” skill.

I’ve never once thought, “Damn, this tool is so hard to use, I should spend $300 on a battery powered one!” Not even when I’m greasing the backhoe or excavator or a 4x4 tractor and tillage equipment.

I guess learning to use and load a grease gun at like 12 so I could daily grease the tractor and implement I was running taught me a major skill in life that I didn’t even know was a “major” skill.

I’ve never once thought, “Damn, this tool is so hard to use, I should spend $300 on a battery powered one!” Not even when I’m greasing the backhoe or excavator or a 4x4 tractor and tillage equipment.
1708908586735.png

I've got to say that there have been times I've been trying to hold the coupler on a zerk with one hand and am trying to hold the gun under my arm or between my legs while I attempt to pump it that I've thought having a powered grease gun might be nice. I'm thinking it would be better to just upgrade to a LockNLube coupler, though.

I've got to say that there have been times I've been trying to hold the coupler on a zerk with one hand and am trying to hold the gun under my arm or between my legs while I attempt to pump it that I've thought having a powered grease gun might be nice. I'm thinking it would be better to just upgrade to a LockNLube coupler, though.
Better then a locknlube IMO, smaller profile makes it easier to get into tight spaces

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpeg
    IMG_0083.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 29
Sure, personal use its like once a decade or whatever. Once a year maybe? Not worth it for most users :laughing:
I try to grease every fuel fill, so on some stuff that's every day or two.
At work it's everyday. Other than the rental machines. 🤣

Like most on here I use manual grease gun.
Have a few on hand, as well as a couple taking smaller cartridges.

It is not something heavily used, no need for battery stuff.

Decided to try out the Lumax grease coupler, just mounted it on earlier today.
Will update once I put it to work...

What am I not getting?
1) I load 3oz grease cartridge into grease gun.✔️
2) Release piston/push piston forward.✔️
3) Prime gun by pumping air out/grease forward.✔️
4) Grease 3 zerk fittings. ✔️✔️✔️
5) Start greasing 4th zerk fitting/nothing.❌
6) Pump and pump, and pump and pump; nothing.❌
7) Open cartridge holder and grease is still there.❓❓❓

Did I reach a mid-air bubble?
What am I doing wrong/not understanding?
Do I just keep pumping until grease comes out again?

This one?

I do like the looks of the smaller size on that one.

 CDA455, This was in the description pics of the coupler

How to prime a grease gun

When you see how cheap the pneumatic guns are you'll change your mind.

Most people with more than a couple rigs can pull shit into the shop and grease it. And if you're greasing shit some semblance of regularly the zerks won't sieze and a crappy impor pneumatic gun will be fine.
Think so huh?

:laughing:

Top Back Refresh