1) I load 3oz grease cartridge into grease gun.✔️
2) Release piston/push piston forward.✔️
3) Prime gun by pumping air out/grease forward.✔️
4) Grease 3 zerk fittings. ✔️✔️✔️
5) Start greasing 4th zerk fitting/nothing.❌
6) Pump and pump, and pump and pump; nothing.❌
7) Open cartridge holder and grease is still there.❓❓❓

Did I reach a mid-air bubble?
What am I doing wrong/not understanding?
Do I just keep pumping until grease comes out again?

Is the rod on the pump handle fully retracted?

Probably an air bubble IMO.

Pull the handle back out and then release the tab and let it try again.

On some grease guns you can pull the rod out and turn it so that it is locked behind the plunger. Then you can push on the rod with your leg while you pump the grease gun to help clear any air blocks.

EDIT: I couldn't prime my M18 one time. Turns out you have to remove the foil tab on the one end of the grease tube! :lmao: Whoops! :laughing: One of those moments where I've done it a thousand times and auto-pilot took over. Then I had to figure out WTF went wrong when it wouldn't work.

push it in all way. :laughing:
One of the shop guys would leave it out and got pissed when I'd shove it in. I told him he was retarded.

Was looking at my new M18 gun and it's got marks for 3/4, 1/2, etc, so you can tell how much grease is left if you leave the rod out.
Wellllll then. :homer:

Pro tip: sometime grease will leak past piston and act as if it’s empty. Pull the rod all way out to force grease to front of piston.

And push the rod back in.

I don’t want rod hanging out to catch on things. Especially on my clothes.

:rainbow:

Alright, this seems like the appropriate thread. Anybody have an opinion on the newest chinese wave of grease couplers that use a lever ?

random example above, they've got 3 jaw, 4 jar, 6 jaw or something :confused: had to rebuild my push-on coupler today, it was really wanting to fight to release and was having a difficult time resetting for the the next fitting.

20240224_102859.jpg

just curious if the stand-by push on is still the way to go or if somebody has some new revolution over the past decade since i've bothered to grease anything :rasta:

You guys have 10oz tubes? We get 400g european or 450g (1lb) US sized.

Old unclefab must have the forearms of Paul Bunyan after the last four years of manually greasing everything on his spread.

I'll admit; if I had more than two rigs to lube I wouldn't think twice about buying a Milwaukee powered grease gun.:homer:
When you see how cheap the pneumatic guns are you'll change your mind.

Most people with more than a couple rigs can pull shit into the shop and grease it. And if you're greasing shit some semblance of regularly the zerks won't sieze and a crappy impor pneumatic gun will be fine.

Top Back Refresh