What's new

Dust Buggy

Still working on the wiring one piece at a time. Wiring disappears in pictures but it takes forever.
Also got the Milwaukee pack outs mounted. Seems like a good mounting system for off road use. Rock bouncers and golf cart racers seem to be running it and production mounts are pretty common now.
IMG_5224.jpeg

IMG_5225.jpeg

IMG_5223.jpeg

IMG_5226.jpeg

How did you mount the packouts?
Milwaukee makes a plate that bolts to the flat deck. I will probably add the half size ones somewhere near the seats. I’ve even seen them on the underside of roofs. There are fab shops making metal ones but they will have sharp edges to cut stuff. The plastic ones are pretty tough.

Last edited:
While priming the oiling circuit I heard oil pissing onto the ground and found a big puddle. The pan was leaking from both filter ports at the pan connection.
I am using a stock gasket and one of the generic 7 quart pans. The welds looked really good almost robot welded. Not sure what is going on???
I was an idiot for thinking the lower engine skid could be fixed. So I will now add the tube disconnects so I can drop the skid and change the pan.
What pan should I run?

Thinking about this pan.
61Ezv12IPVL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Leaking pan for reference.

Last edited:
I have the Pacific Fab steel pan, but it seems they are out of business. Not sure who makes a steel pan of similar shape.

I wouldn't run a cast pan. They like to shatter with any kind of contact.

Looking at Summit, the Milodon #31507 looks pretty damn close to the Pacific Fab pan, size wise. 5.375" deep. Kick outs on both side and doesn't look like the kick outs stick out more than the filter.

MAST motorsports.
Mine has been thoroughly "tested" (because I don't run an engine skid).

Someone on the old board said Champ oil pans came from the same source as the Pac fab pans. I had one on my last rig, and run one currently. I think I bought my last one through Summit racing.

You need LS1000, 750LS1 and either LS1001-1 or LS1001 and LS1001-2.

Last edited:
Someone on the old board said Champ oil pans came from the same source as the Pac fab pans. I had one on my last rig, and run one currently. I think I bought my last one through Summit racing.

You need LS1000, 750LS1 and either LS1001-1 or LS1001 and LS1001-2.

This, I had the champ pan setup on my old LS engine buggy.

Top Back Refresh