What's new

Carnage share thread

Clutch pedal is responsible for axing shocked gears not lube:flipoff2:

Yea here comes the peanut gallery to dispute it.:laughing:
In small doses oil can.
Not destroying gears amounts tho:smokin:

Last edited:
I have personally seen a couple guys with a 60/14b with 5.38s and 40-43s breaking toyota cases.

I have yet to see a toyota with a 60/70 with 6.17 or 7.17s on 40-43s break a toyota case. It seems those deep gears take a ton of load off the cases.

Last edited:
Redline is good stuff, but I don't think "shockproof" is for severe overtorque of the gears.

Valvoline and changes it often.
He was on a ledge and it hopped once, boom clunk clunk clunk. Literally 50ft off the pavement at the start of the day. :laughing:. sticky mickey pro x 40's. 60/14b, 3 link front, 63's rear. Lots of poo pipe. before I swapped in the tons he was blowing R&P at least once a year.
He put the wrong clutch in it. Overall its terrible, its like a on/off switch. Makes for great carnage though.
:lmao:

Valvoline and changes it often.
He was on a ledge and it hopped once, boom clunk clunk clunk. Literally 50ft off the pavement at the start of the day. :laughing:. sticky mickey pro x 40's. 60/14b, 3 link front, 63's rear. Lots of poo pipe. before I swapped in the tons he was blowing R&P at least once a year.
He put the wrong clutch in it. Overall its terrible, its like a on/off switch. Makes for great carnage though.
I'm assuming that break will be in the next Chemical valley crawlers vid?:laughing:

I'm assuming that break will be in the next Chemical valley crawlers vid?:laughing:
i got some footage of him being towed out by the square body but it was so early in the day Im not sure anyone got his actual breakage.
I airdropped the videos I took to him so we will see what he comes up with. He is our video guy :laughing:

well this is more of a situation where i got lucky and prevented carnage. but the 1480 still failed.

tearing apart axle to do winter maintenance and install solid knuckles and found a broken cap with a bit of needle bearing soup.... gonna replace it with the Excalibur ujoints i got during that big sale last summer. now i need to find the grease gun adapter needle to grease these thing.

1706798050276.png

1706798102785.png

1706798235149.png

clean yes. but a power washer can only remove so much grime inside the knuckle.

this was a hard one to spot. when its in the knuckle you cant really see it all that well but going forward i will make more of an effort to look here. .

I have personally seen a couple guys with a 60/14b with 5.38s and 40-43s breaking toyota cases.

I have yet to see a toyota with a 60/70 with 6.17 or 7.17s on 40-43s break a toyota case. It seems those deep gears take a ton of load off the cases.
Kinda surprised 5.38 is still the lowest 14B gear available (AFAIK).

Kinda surprised 5.38 is still the lowest 14B gear available (AFAIK).

Yukon always said that was the lowest they could cut before hitting the 3rd bearing journal.

There were pics on the old site of Yukon gears with teeth marks in that 3rd brg journal from the cutting process.

All the rage on FB today. Un trussed TG Toyota housing in a JHF comp buggy with portals

IMG_5615.jpeg
IMG_5616.jpeg
IMG_5617.jpeg
Yowza. Is that a 1/4" wall version or a 3/8"?...though I'm not convinced it would make that much of a difference anyway.

I'm sure people will be quick to jump to whatever conclusion.

But, those guys push the limits, both in trying to be light wieght and running crazy obstacles. I wonder what kind of tumble it took? Video out there?

I'm sure people will be quick to jump to whatever conclusion.

But, those guys push the limits, both in trying to be light wieght and running crazy obstacles. I wonder what kind of tumble it took? Video out there?
No tumble. Course was almost completed, he was trying to get out the exit gate cones. Hit a boulder with his right front tire. It’s 3 linked with a panhard bar so even though the hit was on the right side that left no upper link for anti rotation on the left side so that side looks like the bad side.

All the rage on FB today. Un trussed TG Toyota housing in a JHF comp buggy
Eta
Seems Samsung got me again...
Being right at the weld, could we say heat weakness?

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh