What's new

Beadlock wheels out there?

I’m bumping this up and wondering where you guys have got the best service and fastest delivery of a set of wheels? I‘ve had two failed attempts at buying beadlocks where I paid in full and the supplier couldn’t make good on getting wheels. I’m looking for a set 17x9 in 8x170 , not too exotic but I guess most places don’t stock anything anymore.

Bullitt1 Last year during Black Friday I ordered a set of 8X170 Raceline Avenger Beadlocks from one of the site vendors, Skinny Pedal Racing. Tripp got me everything quick, and it was cheaper than any of the deals I could find online. I'd at least ask him first before placing an order somewhere else.

Bullitt1 Last year during Black Friday I ordered a set of 8X170 Raceline Avenger Beadlocks from one of the site vendors, Skinny Pedal Racing. Tripp got me everything quick, and it was cheaper than any of the deals I could find online. I'd at least ask him first before placing an order somewhere else.
Thanks..both my failed attempts were vendors here so I will most definitely give skinny pedal a call , maybe third times a charm. Thanks, Jeff

Any current input on CHEAPEST?

I have been in SXS la-la land drinking bud light for too long, but need 17" beadlocks for my new tires, which are few and far for SXS's. I can run a hub with a truck pattern and get 8x6.5, 5x5 or 5x4.5 to fit but went and checked Method, Raceline, and Trailready and could not believe the prices.

Any cheap suggestions in a 17" true beadlock that is going to get relentlessly beat on? I care not for aesthetics, just want the beads to stay on. Narrower the better, I run a +10mm offset now and need to keep them sucked in.

I’m bumping this up and wondering where you guys have got the best service and fastest delivery of a set of wheels? I‘ve had two failed attempts at buying beadlocks where I paid in full and the supplier couldn’t make good on getting wheels. I’m looking for a set 17x9 in 8x170 , not too exotic but I guess most places don’t stock anything anymore.

Northridge4x4 uses live inventory on their website, so if it says they are in stock, they are in stock.

And if you get your order in by noon, they often ship that same day.

Northridge4x4 uses live inventory on their website, so if it says they are in stock, they are in stock.

And if you get your order in by noon, they often ship that same day.
Thanks..but the accurate inventory was disappointing..they only had one wheel in stock but it’s better than ordering a set and waiting a month only to be let down!

Traction Off Road - 17x9 Friction Double Beadlocks​

Vender on here. I have a set. They are nice wheels. Dookey was easy to do business with.

Any current input on CHEAPEST?

I have been in SXS la-la land drinking bud light for too long, but need 17" beadlocks for my new tires, which are few and far for SXS's. I can run a hub with a truck pattern and get 8x6.5, 5x5 or 5x4.5 to fit but went and checked Method, Raceline, and Trailready and could not believe the prices.

Any cheap suggestions in a 17" true beadlock that is going to get relentlessly beat on? I care not for aesthetics, just want the beads to stay on. Narrower the better, I run a +10mm offset now and need to keep them sucked in.

I'm betting any bead lock meant for a real 4x4 (:flipoff2:) Is going o be about indestructible on a sxs.

Biggest issue is you're probably going to want a pretty deep back spacing compared to what's normal for a 4x4.

Traction Off Road - 17x9 Friction Double Beadlocks​

Vender on here. I have a set. They are nice wheels. Dookey was easy to do business with.
That was the first set of wheels I ordered, he’s struggling with suppliers and can’t ship any of the 17” double beadlock wheels.

I ordered a set of Vision Manx bead locks on a whim this week to mount my new set of 40/13.5/17 Sticky SX2s. I haven't heard/read of any pros or cons so far. But for 272 each why not give em a try. Naturally, I wont be using that hideous black centercap. They should be arriving today

Size : 17x8.5 Offset : -15 Hub Size :130.80 Load : 3650 Backspace : 4.16
500x_vision_manx_398bl.jpg

20230306_160322.jpg

I guess I'm in the vision camp as well, they seem pretty nice, but I've only ever ran cheap steelies in the past. Just got them mounted up a week or 2 ago, haven't hit the trails yet.
Any new feedback on the vision beadlocks? I think it's time to retire my 15" steelies and $300/ea shipped for 17" beadlocks is mighty appealing

Any new feedback on the vision beadlocks? I think it's time to retire my 15" steelies and $300/ea shipped for 17" beadlocks is mighty appealing

I've not had them out a whole lot yet, this weekend will be their 3rd trip out. But, so far no complaints, running 6-8psi on 37" STT Pros and no burping or anything, though I did give the inner bead a couple wraps of gorilla tape so that may make a difference. I'd definitely buy them again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425_124736.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_124736.jpg
    463.3 KB · Views: 20
I've not had them out a whole lot yet, this weekend will be their 3rd trip out. But, so far no complaints, running 6-8psi on 37" STT Pros and no burping or anything, though I did give the inner bead a couple wraps of gorilla tape so that may make a difference. I'd definitely buy them again.

mine seem to be holding well. no leak downs so far after the initial re-torque.
Thanks y'all

I picked one up to test out and I'm pretty impressed with the construction of the wheel itself.

PXL_20230619_215713871.jpg

That was the first set of wheels I ordered, he’s struggling with suppliers and can’t ship any of the 17” double beadlock wheels.
This supply chain shit is getting old, hope it doesn't ultimately damage his business. I'd like to get a set of his eventually. I work in aerospace industry and it's killing us.

This supply chain shit is getting old, hope it doesn't ultimately damage his business. I'd like to get a set of his eventually. I work in aerospace industry and it's killing us.
I’m sure it’s hurting his business, he told me there are several orders that he had to refund the $ on because he can’t get the PVC for the 17” inserts. The shop I work at , that‘s also in the aerospace development field has faced some crazy material shortages..some large pieces of exotics are on a 18 month wait.

Dude probably buys what, ten sticks a year?

Of course he's bottom of their priority list.
This is exactly what he said to me , he buys a 100 or so feet a year and contractors by thousands of feet at a time so he’s last in line for sure.

I ordered a set of Vision Manx bead locks on a whim this week to mount my new set of 40/13.5/17 Sticky SX2s. I haven't heard/read of any pros or cons so far. But for 272 each why not give em a try. Naturally, I wont be using that hideous black centercap. They should be arriving today

Size : 17x8.5 Offset : -15 Hub Size :130.80 Load : 3650 Backspace : 4.16
500x_vision_manx_398bl.jpg
Did your Vision beadlocks have a step built into the wheel (not the ring) where the bead sits? I haven't found any pics of these without the outer ring bolted on and want to be sure at least some of the weight of the vehicle is back on the wheel and not just on the bolts/outer ring.

Anyone have the battleborn Sierra? Prices are a little high but the wheels look great.

1790-1109_2021-Nov-11_11-14-56PM-000_CustomizedView3107873135.jpg

Attachments

• 1790-1109_2021-Nov-11_11-14-56PM-000_CustomizedView3107873135.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 1
Anyone have the battleborn Sierra? Prices are a little high but the wheels look great.

I too have interest in this wheel. Casting made overseas and CNC work done in the US. Good simple looks / easy to clean, water drains in the lock ring. Hopefully someone will give some feedback.

Last edited:
Top Back Refresh