What's new

Beadlock wheels out there?

dntsdad

Central California
Member Number
Loc
Central California
Need a new set of beadlock wheels.

I know TG, Method, BattleBorn, Raceline. What else is out there that I am missing out on looking at?

Looking for 17x8.5ish, 6x5.5 Toyota

Not into the bling look, so a black "soft 8" style wheel is perfectly fine for me

Reno off road is having a sale on Dirty Life wheels right now.

I have pro comps and love them! I believe they were under $300, and are pretty beef. They used to be called vapors, but are now the series 80 something..
Click image for larger version  Name:	20190624_193317.jpg Views:	0 Size:	529.7 KB ID:	101295

Need a new set of beadlock wheels.

I know TG, Method, BattleBorn, Raceline. What else is out there that I am missing out on looking at?

Looking for 17x8.5ish, 6x5.5 Toyota

Not into the bling look, so a black "soft 8" style wheel is perfectly fine for me

walker evans and ultra wheel company

little blingy but something different

I went Trail Ready because they are the strongest cast/roll formed wheel before going to full forged. The base castings are made overseas, then roll formed and machined in the USA. This can also be true for USA forged wheels that might start with a foreign made chunk of billet, unless they specifcally source USA made billet. Canada, Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, and Russia are the top exporters of aluminum. In 2019, USA produced 1.1 million tons and imported 3.7 million tons.
If you want to go cheaper then its cast only from China. I was looking at Ultra Manx machined finish since they have a good reputation for their cast and the price is also competitive. I found an online place that had a good deal.

I cant remember the original deal I found but here is a common low price with free shipping. Right around 1144 for a set of 4 or 286 a piece.
https://www.bbwheelsonline.com/vision-398bl-wheel-17x8-5-8x170-unfinished-15mm/

Last edited:
It's been ages since I bought bead locks but I got KMC Enduros for like 250 or less BITD. I'm not sure how pricing is now on KMC stuff now.

Kmc enduros

Not my favorite style, but they are thick and beefy. Plus have a large square inner bead. Not a fan of the dirty life in person. They looked cheap, and I didn't like the hardware or the standard inner bead. They aren't that much cheaper than anything else.

Well certainly don't post this place where you got a good deal!! :flipoff2:

I tried to find the original deal, but couldn't remember who it was. I moved onto the TR and deleted the quote from whoever it was.
The Manx should go for around 286 with free shipping from a number of retailers.

I am running the dirtylife wheels. I have no complaints. They have gone up in price since I bought them too.

I also have a set of dirty life wheels. They have gone up a little on price. Here’s a few pics of their construction. I’m happy with them however my junk is still on jack stands.

D51C0677-CEC7-4E99-8FB3-93DDC002F7E7.jpeg

CE9368F8-1B97-42B3-909B-F76F618AC2A6.jpeg

11C0A944-39BB-421D-90F0-D5DE1F270D68.jpeg

28E66086-E766-4D46-88CE-74B2C436B23A.jpeg

Make me number three on Dirty life. No complaints. The lock ring has not come loose, they look decent, I can buy a new ring when this one gets scarred beyond belief. Its all good.

I’ve used many major names racing and trail wheeling. For straight up abuse IMO ATX slabs are the best wheel. Second choice for less abuse would be KMC machetes because they have water drain holes between ever beadlock bolt. All of my beadlocks have water stains in the wheel shell from washing them and the water not being able to drain out.

Bumping this up, whats the current state of beadlocks? Best to worst ranking?

For sure, TBH I always thought they were a odd size. They are still out there but honestly I wouldn't buy any if I didn't have to. I'd we willing to bet that size limits your choices quite a bit.
so yeah i found a good deal on some 42s x16 snatched them up only to realize thats an odd ball size now a days. i feel like its all going 17 or 18 dahhhhh chappy. :lmao:

Diy beadlocks from Total Metal Innovations. I went with them because they have the built in anti-coning tabs.

I've done a few weld ons and they are great for what they are for. Not the best for road driving depending on the tire, som brand tires center up much better than others. Unsprung wieght on a crawler isn't an issue typically.

But starting from scratch, with the cost of regular steelies getting higher and higher, it's hard to justify weld ons. Obviously if you already have them, it's much cheaper.

Depending on the options you choose, you're getting damn close to the cost of something like these

Which is getting pretty close to the cost of entry level aluminum beadlocks. Although those seem to be going up every time I look at them.

I'd say 17" and 20" are the popular rim sizes at this point.

I wonder if 18s will bleed into the offroad world? I heard that desert trucks are going to 18s and SxS go from 15s to 18s on bigger tires. Lots of stock stuff is coming with 18s also.

Not that I care, I'd rather not have another common size for actual offroad tires. I just wish certain companies didn't only make 42s in 20" wheels :homer:

Top Back Refresh