What's new

Beadlock wheels out there?

they were a big gay truck company, tunes, exhaust, grilles, etc until the EPA shut them down.

Ya, I was fully expecting horrible fake bead lock wheels when I clicked.

I guess I can appreciate the wheels being made, or more likely modified to order. Over 1 size fits all.

Order with a cc with good insurance, just in case :laughing:

Edit: what's wierd is Google pulls up other sites with them, including summit, but they're listed for around $600 ea. :confused:

they were a big gay truck company, tunes, exhaust, grilles, etc until the EPA shut them down.

They also haven't been active on social media in 2 years and have lots of shitty reviews. Pass.

I don’t know anything about them other than the website. I’ve never ordered from them.

So hard pass? Price seemed to good to be true but I need 20’s for my rear steer buggy. I don’t need them yet but for that price I’d buy them right now to have them later

So hard pass? Price seemed to good to be true but I need 20’s for my rear steer buggy. I don’t need them yet but for that price I’d buy them right now to have them later

Call them?

Fwiw, dirty life 20s are like $425, but those rbp actually looked nicer.

I’d interpret that custom message to mean that they just have blank wheels and have to machine the bolt pattern. It seems pretty low risk to me but it’s your money not mine. If I were ordering I’d try to call and see what kind of impression they give.

I bought a set of the RBP 20s. By far the most affordable 20" beadlock. Bought through Daves Offroad Supply. Will see how they hold up.

Attachments

• 20211106_131159_2.jpg
    20211106_131159_2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
The other problem is that if you change tires with different bead thickness, you need new inserts. Not sure how the Hutchisons get around this.

The Hutchinson beadlocks are made out of reinforced rubber. They can flex a little to account for some bead thickness variations. On the 16.5's I have there's a groove near the outer edge that runs all the way around which adds even more bead thickness flexibility. The 17" beadlocks for the Alpha wheels don't have this extra groove.

I've run swampers, SX's, and boggers on the 16.5" rims. The boggers were hard to get the nuts started but came together without leaking. I never had a tire spin on a rim even after peeling a rim flange almost 90 degrees to the wheel about 60 degrees around the rim. I had a pretty bad air leak but no tire slippage on the rim.

I had a set of PVC beadlocks and there is no give to them at all. Definitely a different insert for each bead thickness.

I'd be surprised if Hutchinson had special rubber tubes made. My guess is they found something off the shelf and cut them off similar to the PVC inserts.

I’d interpret that custom message to mean that they just have blank wheels and have to machine the bolt pattern. It seems pretty low risk to me but it’s your money not mine. If I were ordering I’d try to call and see what kind of impression they give.
I called them on a set and they said that they machine both the lug pattern and hub center by application per order.

I went with sidetracked offroad. Probably the cheapest priced AL beadlock out there. Good quality and I had them in a week. No gap or rise in the ring for mud to get caked in.

Screenshot_20220216-120129_Instagram.jpg

I went with sidetracked offroad. Probably the cheapest priced AL beadlock out there. Good quality and I had them in a week. No gap or rise in the ring for mud to get caked in.

Screenshot_20220216-120129_Instagram.jpg

Okay how the fuck am I just now learning about this company?

I looked them up and they have the best prices on wheels I've seen in a long time. Has anyone else seen these wheels on rigs and holding up to hard use?

Not sure how I stumbled across them. IG actually I think. Seems to be just a 1 guy show. Wheels are well made, but I'm still finishing a couple new things on the buggy, so I've yet to flog on them yet. I demolished a steel beadlock and needed some fast after learning about the lead time on Racelines back before Xmas.

Screenshot_20220216-120110_Instagram.jpg

Nope worse than that. I don’t fully understand the details of the situation. Has to do with partnership, sell out/buy out, rights etc.

Hero is its own company now and Todd Wooten doesn’t have anything to do with it anymore. I just found out about a few days ago. Our hero 3 speed after 4 full seasons and it’s 5th KOH needed rebuilt. All the players in that realm I knew of are not part of it anymore.

Is that 4 seasons and 5 KOH's without replacing any parts in the Hero?

If so, that's impressive. I'm sure it lives a pretty rough life.

I'm sure this probably isn't news to anyone, but Hero does have a website.

Another derail. Does anyone know the load capacity of a Raceline, Battleborn, Sidetracked, style soft 8 steel wheel?

Is that 4 seasons and 5 KOH's without replacing any parts in the Hero?

If so, that's impressive. I'm sure it lives a pretty rough life.

Yes. Winter prep of 2017 we retrofit the hero into our old race car and ran it 1 full year. Same un opened case was re-used in the new car. After 4 full race seasons this was its 5th KOH (start of the 5th season) we finally opened it up for the first time. Only maintenance it’s had since new is changing the gear oil in it yearly. I would consider it’s life a tough one. It’s a fantastic piece of machinery.

Another derail. Does anyone know the load capacity of a Raceline, Battleborn, Sidetracked, style soft 8 steel wheel?
I'm sure there are some differences with beadlocks, and backspacings, but here is the load capacities of all size Cragar soft 8's....

I'm sure there are some differences with beadlocks, and backspacings, but here is the load capacities of all size Cragar soft 8's....

Curious how much, if any, a beadlock would change it. I emailed Battleborn a week or so ago, no reply.

Curious how much, if any, a beadlock would change it. I emailed Battleborn a week or so ago, no reply.
Most of the load ratings on steel wheels are built off the crush rating of the center. Which they get from the manufacturer.

Most of the load ratings on steel wheels are built off the crush rating of the center. Which they get from the manufacturer.
OK. So as long as everything is properly installed there should be no difference.

Not sure how I stumbled across them. IG actually I think. Seems to be just a 1 guy show. Wheels are well made, but I'm still finishing a couple new things on the buggy, so I've yet to flog on them yet. I demolished a steel beadlock and needed some fast after learning about the lead time on Racelines back before Xmas.

Score! Love the simple style and the outer lip design. No 8 lug in the round hole, but their other aluminum wheel looks good too.

$175ea steel also!

Do you have 20” wheels yet?
Not yet. Most all new projects are stopping everywhere because we can't even get raw material for making existing projects. So I haven't pushed it.

The cost of everything has gone up tremendously. I don't know how the off road community is going to soak up the price increases.

That's a bitchin paperweight.
My father in law made rc beadlocks for a few years. I tried to get him to make a ring that had a bottle opener cut out. Rc nerds would love to open a beer with their rc crawler, plus you could sell it to any 4x4 guy as a key chain. He thought it was dumb because he doesn't drink beer. He probably would have gotten rich off of it.

Ran out to the shop for this pic. Not that I needed much convincing, I'm working at my desk and in a serious "fuck all this shit" mood. :grinpimp:

Battleborn Gatekeeper, 17x9, 2600LB rating.

PXL_20220216_233445595.jpg

My father in law made rc beadlocks for a few years. I tried to get him to make a ring that had a bottle opener cut out. Rc nerds would love to open a beer with their rc crawler, plus you could sell it to any 4x4 guy as a key chain. He thought it was dumb because he doesn't drink beer. He probably would have gotten rich off of it.

Oh man, yeah he would have made a ton.

Ran out to the shop for this pic. Not that I needed much convincing, I'm working at my desk and in a serious "fuck all this shit" mood. :grinpimp:

Battleborn Gatekeeper, 17x9, 2600LB rating.
Perfect. Thanks! :grinpimp:

Top Back Refresh