What's new

YouTube video uploader

Austin

Blame Canada
Member Number
Loc
St.Louis, MO
For awhile now I've been working on a direct-to-youtube video uploader so we can share our videos and hopefully grow our membership. YouTube security teams have been a bit ..... slow... to say the least.

But now ... If you have a premium membership and you look on the homepage you'll see this:

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 4.25.11 PM.png

It's pretty straightforward.

Add a title, add a description select your video and it starts uploading. As soon as it starts, you can add other and it will que them up for upload.

As far as content:
Trail rides, how-tos, build walk throughs, product reviews are all awesome. Got a local 4x4 club you want to introduce .. lets see them. Not sure if you should upload it ... ask first. If you didn't record it there is a really good chance you don't have the rights to share it so Original Off-Road Content Only!

Once a video goes up on the channel it will get a little irate4x4 icon in the corner. This way if somebody embeds the video someplace else the people watching knows what group put it up there.

All videos will be reviewed before being displayed on the channel ...... So it could take a day or so before I can approve them.

I don't want to review your 3AM Taco Bell shit ... If I get anything NOT 4x4 related, or NOT original content it will result in :nuke:.

if I get a video up there hamfisting a piece of tube while offroad and it gets 10bazillion hits, can I get a share of the youtube monies? :flipoff2:

can we also upload gun stuff or is that a no-no?

edit: I ask about the guns because you sound fairly explicit with the "offroad only, everything else is nuke" statement, but i'm still not sure :flipoff2:

if I get a video up there hamfisting a piece of tube while offroad and it gets 10bazillion hits, can I get a share of the youtube monies? :flipoff2:

can we also upload gun stuff or is that a no-no?

edit: I ask about the guns because you sound fairly explicit with the "offroad only, everything else is nuke" statement, but i'm still not sure :flipoff2:

This is the only way guns are acceptable ....

For the record .... I do not encourage this kind of behavior :usa:

I've got 5-6 videos from the early/mid 00's that we put together for a Rausch Creek DVD back then, mostly a bunch of stuff showing different parts of the park (it's changed a lot since) and just some good wheelin' times. Period-correct music as well :laughing:

They're all mine, I made the DVD for Rausch to use back in the days at expos when you'd have a DVD player sitting at your booth for people to look at while walking by, but there's no licensing etc. I can put those up if you want. I'd have to go back through and see who was in all of them but chances are there's a few members, or at least friends-of-friends in there.

it gets 10bazillion hits, can I get a share of the youtube monies? :flipoff2:

In giveaways of course. My son tells me that a million views equals roughly $1k. So .... get to hamfisting and maybe, just maybe, we can give away a winch one day :grinpimp:

I've got 5-6 videos from the early/mid 00's that we put together for a Rausch Creek DVD back then, mostly a bunch of stuff showing different parts of the park (it's changed a lot since) and just some good wheelin' times. Period-correct music as well :laughing:

They're all mine, I made the DVD for Rausch to use back in the days at expos when you'd have a DVD player sitting at your booth for people to look at while walking by, but there's no licensing etc. I can put those up if you want. I'd have to go back through and see who was in all of them but chances are there's a few members, or at least friends-of-friends in there.

If they are all yours and you don't mind ... doo eeet.

Not sure hos this is going to go, I just wanted the option to be there for members .... but if it goes well we'll have to start making categories.

Retro-Wheeling, How-To, Product Reviews .. etc etc

Top Back Refresh