What's new

Yew wood ideas

Thefishguy77

Part time dumbass
Member Number
Loc
U.S.S.A. (Washington St.)
Had a yew tree get knocked over when we had some trees tipped. So everyone says I need to do something cool with it. What the fuck should I do? Its about 25-30’ and probably 6-8” at the top & guessing 12-14 at the base.

Ideas?
Sell it as naturally harvested timber to a hipster for far to much money?
Give it to [486] for his next camping trip with OB?
Firewood?:stirthepot:
3C7E1486-7625-4E51-B25B-1462CA15F0A8.jpeg

Shitty picture of said moss covered Yew tree.

3C7E1486-7625-4E51-B25B-1462CA15F0A8.jpeg

Yew has a really nice purpleish grain. Gun stock is one thing or a traditional style long bow is another. Super hard wood would be a good butcher block as well if u can get it slabbed out would be my top 3 suggestions

Don’t have shit like that around here, but the butcher block or table would be a good idea.

Yew ain't got a hair on your ass iffen you don't make an English long bow so you can go all Robin Hood and start getting our money back from the rich.

Ah yes, redistribute the wealth tovarich

Give it to [486] for his next camping trip with OB?

its like you managed to put less than zero effort in to this... 'statement'? it isn't a joke, nor is it trolling
I'm just confused is all.

all you gotta do is ask and I'll quit wiping for a week, let it get nice and tasty in there for you

Butcher block. Brad out there near you used to mess with milling wood with a chainsaw mill.

Got a guy in town with a bandsaw mill that I am thinking about having some big slabbing done. I found out he loves Yew wood so maybe see if her wants to do some trading. I have easily a days worth of maple slabbing to do and they are going to be bigger fuckers. 36-40” probably do a 16’ and 12’ big sections then take the top crotch for smaller 36” ish coffee tables. Super cool tree. When it blew over I stripped the bark off and the way it landed its off the ground for the whole length. Need someone with a bigger machine than I have to get it out. Thought I had a guy lined up but flaked out. Might have to set up a snatch block or 2 and winch it out slowly, thats going to suck.

Got a guy in town with a bandsaw mill that I am thinking about having some big slabbing done. I found out he loves Yew wood so maybe see if her wants to do some trading. I have easily a days worth of maple slabbing to do and they are going to be bigger fuckers. 36-40” probably do a 16’ and 12’ big sections then take the top crotch for smaller 36” ish coffee tables. Super cool tree. When it blew over I stripped the bark off and the way it landed its off the ground for the whole length. Need someone with a bigger machine than I have to get it out. Thought I had a guy lined up but flaked out. Might have to set up a snatch block or 2 and winch it out slowly, thats going to suck.

My dad made a desk for my sister when she was a kid from Yew wood he milled on his mobile dimension sawmill, it's beautiful. He would also do milling for people for cash or part of the wood.

Cut it into 2" x 6' sticks, build an army, and go defeat the French heavy cavalry.

Top Back Refresh