What's new

Yamaha YXZ1000R SS

SHARPMACHINE

Web Wheeler
Member Number
Loc
Mitten
Anyone here have experience with these?

I have no experiance, just curious about them. How does the 2 peddle yxz work? Is it durable? Do they suck?

Sold my maverick earlier this year because I did not use it much, but now find myself wanting one again. lol Might be a while before I get one, but keep thinking about what I would like the most. I would want something reliable that I could pile miles on with the least concern. Pretty much points me towards yzx, talon, krx or maverick? Anyways, what does irate think of the yxz?

New talon R looks like a blast, was ready to go but my money ran away from me while waiting for them to come out :homer:

Personally i think they look like ass. And im not a fan of flat plane cranks.

They aren't big desert assassins like a new X3 or something but they are crazy durable. There are guys making insane horse power out of the motor with stock internals. These were the first to not have CV transmissions as well so no belt failures.

They also have the shittiest chassis of the bunch, by far.

SHARPMACHINE : what are you going to use it for?

Mostly playing golf........... lol

Seriously though, mostly running trails in Northern Michigan. But eventually like to go south as well.

Reactions: DMG
The 3 pedal machines didnt have low enough gears until the aftermarket made them. They seem pretty fast. Yamaha makes good shit. I would rather have a Rmax.

Knew a couple guys in MO that raced short course with them. Have ever only seen one on the trails and that was in AR a few years ago. If you want to trail ride I would stick with a KRX, Can Am, Honda or Popo.

Back to ramble about possibly the worst chassis in the current sxs game..... lol

My buddy is now wanting to get a sxs. We normally put a lot of miles on sleds in the winter together and that isn't working out too well the last couple years as Michigan climate is changing quickly. Oddly enough, he is considering the yxz also. He has one of the weirdest reasons for it though, he likes the sound of them and the fact that the 3 peddle ones are like running a race cart. My girl will not be enjoy a 3 peddle due to left foot issues, so they are out for me.
Our riding would probably be mostly Northern Michigan trails, much of it with him would be go fast stuff. I think both of us really like the idea of an x3 since we ride brp sleds. Neither of us is currently planning on a new one. Avoiding the belt drive is something we like about the yxz. I really like the idea of a krx, but from what I have seen it would be a fair amount slower than a yxz/x3 for trail riding if he went that way.
Thanks for reading my diary....lol I probably deserve this = :flipoff2:, or to drink bleach.

The X3 are much quieter exhaust tone since they are turbo 3cyl. I don't like the laid back seating in them. i can't see over the damn hood but that can be changed by lowering the front of the seat rails.

I would think something boosted would be much more fun going fast in that MI sand.

Off topic------ What are some good riding areas in MI? I would love to haul the KRX up there to ride.

I would think something boosted would be much more fun going fast in that MI sand.

Off topic------ What are some good riding areas in MI? I would love to haul the KRX up there to ride.

Areas I am aware of:

There are enough trails to enjoy some good times for a weekend around the Baldwin area. There is a restaurant = Club 37 that is good to park at and ride from. There are some local places to stay as well.

There is a lot of riding around Traverse city, but I am not well versed there yet.

The UP, there are tons of areas:

Drummond island has plenty of trails and fun stuff for a few days.

Seney is a great town centered around riding and fun. But so are many other areas. It is a great place and most of the people up there recognize that tourism is one of their largest sources of revenue.

Back to ramble about possibly the worst chassis in the current sxs game..... lol

My buddy is now wanting to get a sxs. We normally put a lot of miles on sleds in the winter together and that isn't working out too well the last couple years as Michigan climate is changing quickly. Oddly enough, he is considering the yxz also. He has one of the weirdest reasons for it though, he likes the sound of them and the fact that the 3 peddle ones are like running a race cart. My girl will not be enjoy a 3 peddle due to left foot issues, so they are out for me.
Our riding would probably be mostly Northern Michigan trails, much of it with him would be go fast stuff. I think both of us really like the idea of an x3 since we ride brp sleds. Neither of us is currently planning on a new one. Avoiding the belt drive is something we like about the yxz. I really like the idea of a krx, but from what I have seen it would be a fair amount slower than a yxz/x3 for trail riding if he went that way.
Thanks for reading my diary....lol I probably deserve this = :flipoff2:, or to drink bleach.

YXZ's suck at everything except short course racing and even then you have to dump tons of money into one to make up for the shit chassis and suspension design. If you don't want to fuck with belts and want a reliable machine I'd highly suggest a Honda Talon.

I know several people with 2019 Talons (first year in production) with over 25k trouble free miles on them. crispins has a 4 seat Talon in his rental fleet that's still going strong and last time we discussed it I think he said it had well over 25k on it.

Oh, and the screaming sound the YXZ makes sounds good for about 5min and then becomes annoying as fuck.

Areas I am aware of:

There are enough trails to enjoy some good times for a weekend around the Baldwin area. There is a restaurant = Club 37 that is good to park at and ride from. There are some local places to stay as well.

There is a lot of riding around Traverse city, but I am not well versed there yet.

The UP, there are tons of areas:

Drummond island has plenty of trails and fun stuff for a few days.

Seney is a great town centered around riding and fun. But so are many other areas. It is a great place and most of the people up there recognize that tourism is one of their largest sources of revenue.
we stayed in Cheboygan last summer and spent a few days in the UP. Absolutely loved it and cant wait to go back. It looked like endless riding up toward Trout Lake. I bet the Maverick R would be killer up there.

I would second the talon suggestion. I know a few guys that run the absolute piss out of theirs and have zero issues or complaints.

I really appreciate the responses and input a lot!!!

I have not seen many issues with talons, and agree that might be a great option.
If we decide to go turbo, it seems like x3 is the way to go.

we stayed in Cheboygan last summer and spent a few days in the UP. Absolutely loved it and cant wait to go back. It looked like endless riding up toward Trout Lake. I bet the Maverick R would be killer up there.

The YOOP is my go to place. Wish I could live UP there. And yes, Trout Lake is another good place. Only trail riding I like more than the UP in the summer is riding those trails on sleds in the winter.

Top Back Refresh