What's new

WTF? 60 grain 22lr

Aisin

Grumpy old fuck
Member Number
Digging thru a tote with a bunch of spare gun parts in it. I found 2 boxes of Aguila 60 grain 22lr. I’m not even sure when the hell I acquired these things. Goofy looking for sure. I read that Aguila made them for the IDF to put down Palestinian watch dogs. 60 grains@950 FPS. Just over 120 ft lbs of energy.
BBF5C7F2-FAC4-4AE5-B705-DD934C1BFD15.jpeg

I always thought they were unnecessary, not that accurate and if you use a can Gemtech's 42 grain sub doing 1020 fps does excellent

I always thought they were unnecessary, not that accurate and if you use a can Gemtech's 42 grain sub doing 1020 fps does excellent
Depends on what you are shooting them out of. This is 100 yards. The dot is 1 inch. Of course DICKBREATH would say that’s impossible. Apparently he knows a guy. I have a bunch of Winchester Super Suppressed that I shoot sometimes. Those are rated at 1065 FPS. It’s probably closer to 850ish out of a pistol.
6B12D612-4C5F-42C9-8149-42F22E28B481.jpeg

Last edited:
Depends on what you are shooting them out of. This is 100 yards. The dot is 1 inch. Of course DICKBREATH would say that’s impossible. Apparently he knows a guy. I have a bunch of Winchester Super Suppressed that I shoot sometimes. Those are rated at 1065 FPS. It’s probably closer to 850ish out of a pistol.
6B12D612-4C5F-42C9-8149-42F22E28B481.jpeg
Yeah that's kinda the point. They fall off a lot through a pistol. I'm sure they're fine for just about anything as most 22 is just plinker ammo anyway.
I've always like aquila rimfire ammo overall

I used to have some of that. They're damned quiet out of a long barrel bolt action too.

If I ever get a Voodoo, I'll go to the Berger/Lapua test center in Mesa to see what it likes.
I'm resisting a Voodoo. But if I can't fix the feeding issues on the mags in my 40x, I might consider it

Interesting

I try to get as many boxes of the CCI .22 “Quiets” I can get my hands on. I don’t think I’ve ever run across those before.

Interesting

I try to get as many boxes of the CCI .22 “Quiets” I can get my hands on. I don’t think I’ve ever run across those before.
I was tempted to grab a couple boxes of CCI quiet semi auto just to try.

I'm resisting a Voodoo. But if I can't fix the feeding issues on the mags in my 40x, I might consider it
Well I don't have a 40x, or Anschutz, or any bolt .22lr, so a Voodoo is on the short list. A couple Browning semis and a Win lever that I never shoot, but want something I can use in NRL22.

9422? Hollar if you feel like it needs a new home. I've been eyeing a few older Marlin 92s.

that sounds cool, Uncle Doc!
My Dad and his brother shared a Model 90 growing up, so it was likely purchased in the 1940's and before he got me my 250 when I turned 10, it was the only gun I'd ever shot. When my Dad died, Uncle Lee said he wanted it and although I really wanted to keep it,but it was more his than mine so I let it go. Well apparently he gave it to my idiot liberal cousin who got rid of it because he "didn't want it around the house". Fucking asshole. :mad3:

I have a bunch of those Aguila SSS rounds. They stabilize great in my 22 conversion ar15 and are super quiet

They are accurate “enough” in my experience and an absolute hammer on animals. Interesting to read that they were developed for dogs, they do a damn good job at it…

CCI standard velocity is hard to beat for accurate, quiet ammo thats not spendy. Haven’t killed anything with it yet though.

Awww....Still in your head.

How old are you, 11?
Look Jack, if you or anyone else calls me out, mentions my screen name, or a version of it, I am going to respond in kind. If that makes me immature, so be it. For Christs sake, my screen name is Dickweed which I thought was self deprecating enough without insecure retards on here putting their own spin on it.

While I realize there is an Irate clique here who think they are above and beyond reproach, going around spreading their self imposed knowledge on everyone and attacking anyone who challenges them, but once again, I don't give a shit.

If a person here can't make a post without uttering my screen name or a version of it, I think that is the very definition of letting me live in their head and I agree, he needs to stop and seek professional help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirty Delete

The internet can be a dark and soul-sucking web of despair, and Facebook groups and comment sections hold the worst of humanity. Everyone is a keyboard warrior, and folks run headfirst into arguments with what they think are the most important opinions, smartest thoughts, and hottest takes in the room. But as sure as someone has something to say, someone will disagree and happily vocalize their reasons why. Just because someone feels bold enough to say something, doesn’t mean they’re always confident enough to let their comments stand. Sometimes when an original poster (OP) doesn’t like the backlash they’re getting, they delete their post, thus deleting all comments in response to the OP. This is called “dirty deleting,” and it’s rude AF.

Roc Doc, by definition, you are a dirty deleter, HGTD, and whatever else your smart ass calls it and should probably just shut the fuck up sometimes. I know it is hard to hold your massive intelligence and beguiling witt at bay, however, sometimes it is better to be thought an idiot than to post and remove all doubt. I don't think your homie is a moderator in OSR and will delete posts and lock the thread for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Back Refresh