Would Smash

M92PV4U

Falling Down
Member Number
Loc
D.p. Ca.
20210618_145050.jpg

that looks expensive
That was in 19 so not terribly expensive, probably $10k. I worked for one company who had it negotiated that they only paid DBR on new bits and the company hands didn't give a fuck. It sucked to try to convince them if they weren't retards we could do one run production sections when all they wanted was instantaneous ROP.

Back in 12-14 I spent some time on rigs in North Dakota that intentionally destroyed bits because the DBR charge was cheaper than the footage charge by like $20k. After I left they finally figured out 5 hours of destroying a bit costs more than $20k in other costs.

That was in 19 so not terribly expensive, probably $10k. I worked for one company who had it negotiated that they only paid DBR on new bits and the company hands didn't give a fuck. It sucked to try to convince them if they weren't retards we could do one run production sections when all they wanted was instantaneous ROP.

Back in 12-14 I spent some time on rigs in North Dakota that intentionally destroyed bits because the DBR charge was cheaper than the footage charge by like $20k. After I left they finally figured out 5 hours of destroying a bit costs more than $20k in other costs.
But it's less work to destroy bits than it is to trip out and change it :homer:

I drill water wells the deepest I drill is 500' mostly with mills three wing drag bits. 200' per hour sounds amazing to me:homer:
Horizontal oil well are definitely a different game. The last well I did before getting out we drilled 16480 ft in 2.47 days. Now I think its funny when our mine driller says he is killing it at 50 ft/hr

I thought this was gonna be another thread about some hottie who you would want us to debate whether or not we thought she was someone we "would smash"

Thats some damn soft material for that speed. Usually it was around 14 -21 days to get that depth.
The first summer I worked in the DJ basin we got an email from a VP at Noble Energy thanking us for the amazing well we did in 12 days to 11k ft. The last well I did was the one I mentioned. My buddies rig managed to pull off 1 million feet drilled in 1 year down there if you want to see a crazy amount of drilling.

1.8' per hour wasn't unusual below 16,000' in the Anadarko Basin. And that was turnkey contracts, not day rate.

Top Back Refresh