What's new

Work shirts: embroidery vs patch?

montrose818

Banned
Member Number
Loc
SoCal
Looking to get some work shirts with a logo and the US flag

Should I have those embroidered right onto the shirts, or use a patch? Should I glue the patch or sew it on?

I tried some glue on patches, the US flag stuck good but I havent washed it yet,, and the name patch (diff seller) didnt glue for shit, and was a total disaster.

Using Cintas work shirts, and at 22 bucks I dont want to ruin 15 of them to see what works. Simple task, but fucked up one shirt already, 3 if the glued US flag doesnt hold up either.

Thanks

I hate patches ,depending where they are located always rub my nipples raw. I haz sensative nips.:lmao:

Patches for an old-school look, SEWED on not glue.

Embroidered for a newer-school look.

The glue never holds worth a shit. If you like patches then sew those fuckers on otherwise get them embroidered.

Do you already have the patches? Cant you sew them on? If not, have them embroidered. A solid logo is going to be a solid mass either way.
At work, we use a very small flag (less than 1" wide) on our sleeve and we changed our logo from a solid to lines in order to soften it up.

Do you already have the patches? Cant you sew them on? If not, have them embroidered. A solid logo is going to be a solid mass either way.
At work, we use a very small flag (less than 1" wide) on our sleeve and we changed our logo from a solid to lines in order to soften it up.

Ok thanks, that helps. Patches were cheap off amazon and seller refunded after the glue didnt hold shit and ruined the T.

The US flag I used is like 2x3.5, but it is thick, which I dont like.

embroidered. Jut had a bunch done for me staff at work. Also having some some on patched made so they can reuse old work gear from previous companies but their newer stuff is sown in.

And put the flag on in the correct direction.

Velcro patches are not a bad option for outer wear but probably not for shirts. They have their own issues though.

Friend has a company and wanted embroidered covers for his product. Ran about $70/apiece for embroidery, (He needs 100 covers).
$150 total for patches with his sister sewing them on for him.
No brainer for him.

and the bars should point to the rear, if that makes sense.

it does. I put three on the right, thinking since name tag is on the left, it will be balanced. Copied my old work shirt, but it was some other logo instead of the flag

Friend has a company and wanted embroidered covers for his product. Ran about $70/apiece for embroidery, (He needs 100 covers).
$150 total for patches with his sister sewing them on for him.
No brainer for him.

:eek: $70 for embroidery! How big is his design?

The flag thing really bugs me. We do embroidery and screenprinting and I've tried to figure out why the military displays it reversed. I understand the flying forward, why not on the left arm. I blame it on the army, they probably have some patch that goes on their left. I recently came across something about how the flag is displayed on its right so it should be on the right arm. I call BS and I print it correctly on the left sleeve. Change my mind

I have patches on my work shirts. They are glued and sewn on. The patches outlast the shirt material. They are a little hard on the nips when new but a few washes in they smooth out. I get mine through a industrial laundry service. They do the washing also.

I hate patches ,depending where they are located always rub my nipples raw. I haz sensative nips.:lmao:
the big companies sew them on with fishing line
cut that shit outta there and use actual polyester thread
your red angry tits will thank me

Once a shirt does the nasty on my tits, its game over for the shirt. Donate to the homeless community to ruin someone day.:lmao::lmao:

Top Back Refresh