What's new

Wood chippers - school me

I have an old 8n tractor that I'm going to buy a pto chipper for. With the dead fall over half the property, the small dr/dk machines arent enough and renting a big vermeer type machine is barely less than a PTO chipper. I live on a "mountain" though so, flat spots are few and far between and towing a trailer would be obnoxious as best.

I have an old 8n tractor that I'm going to buy a pto chipper for. With the dead fall over half the property, the small dr/dk machines arent enough and renting a big vermeer type machine is barely less than a PTO chipper. I live on a "mountain" though so, flat spots are few and far between and towing a trailer would be obnoxious as best.

That is the same for a lot of my property. Sketchy to even drive the tractor in places, I have to make sure I am driving straight up and down the hills. The chipper does make a great counter weight.

Combined with a front grapple, its a great setup.

That is the same for a lot of my property. Sketchy to even drive the tractor in places, I have to make sure I am driving straight up and down the hills. The chipper does make a great counter weight.

Combined with a front grapple, its a great setup.
I have a vintage loader bucket on mine but the front weight is def neccessary on the hills. I do wheelies on the other tractor with the box blade sometimes and ive learned to just keep the implements low or drive in reverse. :lmao:

I wish I could add a grapple to mine but, that's a whole lot of custom work on a fairly weak loader setup.

Brushpile_burn1.jpg

Looking at a bandit 95. A bit more than I need....

Cat 60 HP diesel. 1500 hours. 10k

Bandit 95 is awesome.

Auto feed died due to vibration on electrical shit. But turn it off and it runs full speed.
20230421_153810.jpg

hell ya, you made the right move going big. unless it shits the bed you can use it for years and re-sell for virtually the same $$

looking back, I should have bought a decent one for $4-5k instead of my shit one for $1500. mine worked, but i wasted too much time dicking with it

Top Back Refresh