What's new

Will You Be Here Tomorrow? Irate4x4 Safety Training Video

White Shark

Red Triangle
Member Number
This pretty much fits Irate4x4. Enjoy the show (bit of language and the usual funny gore).

Not the Klaus forklift video, but pretty good stuff and definitely a fun safety video.

__

I've actually seen a guy come out of the back of a truck he was loading with a fork lift. It didn't fall over like in the vid but stayed wheels down, it still fucked him up pretty bad anyway. Another time a guy was flying through the yard with a load of lumber 10 feet up, hit a hole and endoed the forklift so hard the forks stuck into the pavement. That was a fun one to try to get unstuck.:homer:

Years ago we got a new forklift at the cargo terminal I was based at. Fellow trucker got in and shot the boom up going "Whoa this thing can lift fawkin waay high up".

Next thing he knows top of the boom runs into the exposed sewage piping from the upstairs office bathrooms and my buddy got a smelly shower he didn't expectt :lmao:

We just named him "Draino" after that, I even made one of those trucker name signs and stuck in the front window of his rig :laughing:

We have had 2 delivery guys dump materials off of trucks in the last month. One of them created an exploded diagram of a power jack when he did it, the other one just drove 2 lifts of doors off the edge of his powergate. Thanks man! We've been waiting a month for those!

The forklift running over the foot actually did happen to me.Left foot,in a pair of tennis shoes.When I got to the ER they cut the shoe off and my foot popped open like a can of poppin fresh biscuits.

The forklift running over the foot actually did happen to me.Left foot,in a pair of tennis shoes.When I got to the ER they cut the shoe off and my foot popped open like a can of poppin fresh biscuits.

Happened to my dad when I was a kid. I think he was in shock - just walked out of work, jumped in his car and drove home.

I got home from school and he's just standing in the kitchen in a pool of his own blood waiting for my mum to get home to take him to the hospital. Pretty fucking gruesome injury.

Had to cut my shoe off once myself.

We were at the Rubicon, and I was helping my buddy park his rig on the slabs to the side of little sluice. I'm backing him up and while watching his rear tire, his front right backs into a big boulder and shoves it over, onto my foot. I was stuck. Gotta admit, it was pretty scary being stuck. One of my MMA buddies ran over and like those miracle stories you hear about, he was able to lift it just a tiny bit, but that tiny bit let me get my foot out.

Toes were swelling and could not take boot off, so out came the knife. Limped around the rest of the weekend with busted up toes hanging out the boot.

Ahh, the good ol days.

Seen tele-handlers front dump, roll, drop material, and drive over people; not on jobs where I was the prime tho. I almost lost a tower crane I was flying/owned/operated when I was young. It made me take safety meetings a ton more seriously, but I still think they're mostly a waste of time...and that's coming from a gc. I know what I'm willing to risk and never was anyone other than me at risk.

Happened to my dad when I was a kid. I think he was in shock - just walked out of work, jumped in his car and drove home.

I got home from school and he's just standing in the kitchen in a pool of his own blood waiting for my mum to get home to take him to the hospital. Pretty fucking gruesome injury.
Don't doubt that it was gruesome.Did he get feelings back in his foot?I don't feel much on the right side of my left foot.
No blood for mine,everything stayed internal.Doc actually told me that it was a good thing that I wasn't wearing steel toe boots.Says it probably would of amputated the end of my foot because of the weight of the forklift.

Don't doubt that it was gruesome.Did he get feelings back in his foot?I don't feel much on the right side of my left foot.
No blood for mine,everything stayed internal.Doc actually told me that it was a good thing that I wasn't wearing steel toe boots.Says it probably would of amputated the end of my foot because of the weight of the forklift.

That's actually a proven myth, a modern safety toe will take a lot of weight 10k lbs iirc. Enough that if it sees enough weight to crush, your toes would be gone anyway.

Had to cut my shoe off once myself.

We were at the Rubicon, and I was helping my buddy park his rig on the slabs to the side of little sluice. I'm backing him up and while watching his rear tire, his front right backs into a big boulder and shoves it over, onto my foot. I was stuck. Gotta admit, it was pretty scary being stuck. One of my MMA buddies ran over and like those miracle stories you hear about, he was able to lift it just a tiny bit, but that tiny bit let me get my foot out.

Toes were swelling and could not take boot off, so out came the knife. Limped around the rest of the weekend with busted up toes hanging out the boot.

Ahh, the good ol days.

Never a good feeling.When I judged for WEROCK had a foot wedged a few times,but never really stuck.

Sorry, I honestly don't know. He was never much of a talker. Had lung cancer for a couple years and we all found out about it 8 days before he died. So talking about a little foot injury was probably never going to happen. :laughing:

But, thinking about it, he was an elite kick of the football (AFL ball) with either foot until he died, so I'd assume there was some feeling there?

Top Back Refresh