What's new

Will 231 outputs fit on 241or?

KungFooMASTA

El Stupido
Member Number
Loc
17 miles West of Murdock KS
My friend found me a 241or for cheap its out of a 2014. It has some real goofy output flanges that dont fit anything a white person would use.

I have a 231 in my 98 TJ now behind an ax15. Will the short input shaft even fit my ax15?

My friend says he looked it up and everything will fit in my jeep and that the outputs will swap, but we have an offoad trip Thanksgiving weekend and I dont even want to pull my working stuff apart just to find out it doesn’t swap. I wont have time to get parts if it doesn’t work.

If everything will swap over I will put it in tonight. I only get a couple hours on some nights to work on things.

Look at those goofy flanges.

14BE9823-66E9-4535-854F-2EE7F9490179.jpeg

The AX-15 trans will have a 23 spline output shaft, that 241 doesn't look like it has a 23 spline input! Not sure if an input gear from a TJ Rubicon 241Rocktrac would swap to the 2014 case or not.

Advance Adapters says the male input on the 241Rocktrac started in 2012:
https://www.advanceadapters.com/tech-vault/5-new-venture-241or-roctrac/

The Roctrac has 32 spline outputs front and rear. The 231 might have a 32 spline rear output if it has a slip yoke eliminator. The 231 front front output usually is 26 spline, IIRC.

I think for a 1998 TJ, the TJ Rubicon 241Roctrac t-case is the one you want. The JK versions don't have a speed sensor. Without the speed sensor the pcm will throw codes and the speedometer will not work.

I just took the stock front yoke off of my TJR 241. If you need it it can be yours for the price of shipping.

I just took the stock front yoke off of my TJR 241. If you need it it can be yours for the price of shipping.

I think I will. The ones my friend found are from an 08 or 11 JK so they probably have the same out put as this 14 case. What is a stock TJR 1330 or 1350?

I will pay you more than just shipping just pm me.

I got an 08 case. The input shaft is a little shorter than the 231 but it is in there deep enough to be past the seal a bit, I hope there is enough in there to not snap the output on my Bruce Jenner or the input on the tcase.

I used the rear sye yoke off my 231 on the front of the Rocktrac and the one from Frank on the rear. I need to build a new bellypan and trans mount. I could use the factory one with a spacer but I might as well build something a little lower profile. It wont be flat belly but it will be as high as I can go without rotating the tcase or cutting the floorboard. Hopefully it will still be higher than the factory belly pan under the 231.

Call driveline services shop. My guys in the sacramento shop have gotten me conventional yoke and flanges for them before

Top Back Refresh