What's new

Whosis irate member??

Right, because every cyclist doesn’t also have at least one vehicle they drive every fucking day.

Riding on gravel is insanely dangerous. I’d rather take my chances getting hit by some asshole such as those in this thread than ride on gravel and virtually guarantee a fall or a flat tire.
Haha :laughing: you a shitty bike rider:flipoff2:

Just because it’s legal, doesn’t make you not an asshole for doing it. It’s legal for me to pick my dog up by the ears, but I would deserve a punch in the dick for doing it. And that’s how I feel about on road cyclist. Yeah, you’re not breaking any laws, but a swift punch to the crank would do society a lot of good
Animal cruelty is illegal in most jurisdictions.

I try to give bicycles who are doing the right thing as much room and courtesy as possible. If they’re riding like an entitled, petulant child they get treated as such.

Yep.

I'll respect that you're not in a hurry to get somewhere, as long as you respect that I might be.

It goes both ways.

Well his accuracy to take out 40-50 people with one truck is better than most of the shootings you hear about firing 50 rounds only killing 1-2 and injuring a few :flipoff2:
I guess he did not take LAPD driver ed.
It’s not like their tax dollars didn’t also pay for it. There is a big difference between riding a bike around town because you’re poor and cycling. It is not possible to ride at any sort of reasonable pace on a “bike path”. Too many oblivious people walking on them not paying attention to what’s coming up behind them, so they choose the roads, which is 100% legal. I’m sorry that your life is so important that you cannot stand to be inconvenienced for such a short amount of time.
So you agree that it is annoying and inconsiderate when a faster conveyance is held up by the slow pokes.
I swear if I'm ever in office, the first thing I will do is mandate a minimum speed posted on whatever roads are in my jurisdiction.

Radical differences in speed are the most common cause of injury crashes. I don't even like the truck speed limit being lower than cars on the interstate. You rig can't pull the fucking grade? Get on the fuckin shoulder. You can't pedal your bike 35 mph in a 50 MPH zone? Get on the fuckin shoulder. Can't keep 25 in a 35? Get on the fuckin sidewalk/bike path. You want to protest? Get up on the sidewalk where people and bikes go unless your ass can protest and run at the min speed.

None of that is the law so far as I know, but it should be. That does not excuse killing people.
I used to do a lot of business travel distances where the end to end time was basically the same by air or by driving. So I would drive my truck with a practical bike in the back. Once at my destination I would ride the bike everywhere - it was great exercise on the customer's nickel.

I had my bike set up with the right gears and the right tires. I could cruise smooth roads or ride it on grass, gravel, or dirt. Even once went trail riding in a three piece suit.

I never wore spandex. I never wore a helmet. I never strayed past the white line on the shoulder. I rode as far removed (to the right) of traffic as I could. If there was no shoulder I was on the grass, dirt, or sidewalk. I just stayed away from cars and trucks.

Because I am a saint? Yeah, right. Because doing otherwise is stupid dangerous and stupid inconsiderate and if your aim in life is to taunt drivers because you are all cool carbon-fibered and spandexed-out, just swing your dick at them as they go by.

Now, when I am driving a cage and I see a bicyclist or motorcyclist, I give them as wide a berth as possible because they are stupid vulnerable against a motor vehicle. When driving, if I see someone coming up splitting lanes, I pull over in my lane as far as I can to give them a wider gap. It is just common sense and common courtesy.

Just because it’s legal, doesn’t make you not an asshole for doing it. It’s legal for me to pick my dog up by the ears, but I would deserve a punch in the dick for doing it. And that’s how I feel about on road cyclist. Yeah, you’re not breaking any laws, but a swift punch to the crank would do society a lot of good
You’re welcome to come give me a punch to the crank next time I’m riding on the road.

But you won’t.

So you agree that it is annoying and inconsiderate when a faster conveyance is held up by the slow pokes.

That's not what I said or even tried to imply. Walkers using a bike path don't bother me. I pass them and don't give it a second thought. I don't blow by them within inches. I don't yell nasty things at them as I pass them. I don't throw trash at them. I don't tell them to walk in the gravel. I don't do half of what the ultra-badasses in this thread say they do to cyclists. I just fucking pass them and go on with my life.

It's the idiots that give me problems. The ones that let their dog walk all across the trail, creating a nice tripwire with their leash. It's the soccer mom karens that walk two-by-two with their 3-seater baby stroller, obliviously blocking the entire path for everyone. It's the ones that dart across the path without looking for what's coming up behind them. The ones that create genuine safety issues are the ones that bother me. And I'll say the exact same thing for cyclists.

There's a popular "bike path" in DFW. It's also popular with walkers/joggers. Most of the time there's no problems, but every so often a walker will get hit by a cyclist and in some cases, there are fatalities. Every time it happens, I hear "well the cyclists are allowed to use the road, so they should be on the road and not the path!!" So the cyclists use the road, and then we all hear "THE CYCLIST SHOULD BE ON THE BIKE PATH!!!!"

So which is it? It seems nothing will make everyone happy. I choose the road because that's my right. The law says I can do it, so I do it. Don't like it? Change the law.

But I will absolutely agree with anyone that gets upset with a cyclist running a stop sign or riding in any sort of unsafe manner. Like mentioned, I won't defend those. And I try to not ride with them as well. Most people I've ridden with have been mindful of traffic and traffic laws. If we're taking up a full lane 2x2 on a multi-lane road, you've got plenty of room to pass. If there's not another lane to safely pass, it's common etiquette to merge to single-file as far over to the right as is safe until traffic passes. Most do this, or at least try to if at all possible.

A lot of the supercool badass fucks in this thread really have no idea just how much like leftist tree-huggers or anti-gunners they sound. "THEY SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED TO DO THE THING BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT AND I'M GOING TO FUCK WITH THEM EVERY TIME I SEE THEM DOING THE THING BECAUSE THEY SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED!!" Wahhh fucking wahh. Go on being a badass, telling the internet how much you fuck with someone who can't retaliate after you speed away like a little bitch. I'm sure all you get all the girls wet when you run a 150lb cyclist off the road with you 9k lb truck simply because he was there. I know your life is so vastly more important than mine that you cannot tolerate nor do you deserve to be inconvenienced for a few minutes of a single day of your entire life. You people truly are outstanding...

Wow, look at all the tough guys supporting the pussy that was driving the truck.

I'm not in support of running people over.

I am in support of calling them jackasses. :flipoff2:

More often than not it irritates me that I almost kill the dumb bastards that think going 20mph on a 70mph highway is a good pastime. Just because you have the legal right to be there doesn't make it a good idea when I pop over a hill doing 70 and you're in the middle of the highway tooling along. Then I get the stink eye like I'm the asshole because I'm in the damn ditch to keep from making a pavement painting.

I'm not in support of running people over.

I am in support of calling them jackasses. :flipoff2:

More often than not it irritates me that I almost kill the dumb bastards that think going 20mph on a 70mph highway is a good pastime. Just because you have the legal right to be there doesn't make it a good idea when I pop over a hill doing 70 and you're in the middle of the highway tooling along. Then I get the stink eye like I'm the asshole because I'm in the damn ditch to keep from making a pavement painting.

Drama much? :shaking:

Drama much? :shaking:
Desert dwellers/big sky/open prairie people with their long straight stretches and few hills have no fucking idea how ridiculous it can be. This thread came to mind Sunday about dusk, I was rolling through Eureka Springs on Hwy 62. Typical speed limit 55 with corner caution speeds. You can google map that shit and drop a pin down and see how far ahead you can see the road if you want. I dumped all the shit off the seats and pissed off the pup, wife, and daughter so I didn't paint the pavement with at least one of 3 bikers. Assholes using their "right to be in the fucking road" grinding up a steep ass grade of tight turns and not a light on anywhere. Barely over walking pace and traffic everywhere and no visibility to even pull out to go around them for fear of getting hit by oncoming traffic. I turned on my hazards and hung out till it was safe to go around. I went around and there was a line of cars backed up by that time all at a walking pace because 3 jackasses had the "right" to be somewhere. Like was said, just because you have the right to do something, doesn't mean it should be done.

That's not what I said or even tried to imply. Walkers using a bike path don't bother me. I pass them and don't give it a second thought. I don't blow by them within inches. I don't yell nasty things at them as I pass them. I don't throw trash at them. I don't tell them to walk in the gravel. I don't do half of what the ultra-badasses in this thread say they do to cyclists. I just fucking pass them and go on with my life.

It's the idiots that give me problems. The ones that let their dog walk all across the trail, creating a nice tripwire with their leash. It's the soccer mom karens that walk two-by-two with their 3-seater baby stroller, obliviously blocking the entire path for everyone. It's the ones that dart across the path without looking for what's coming up behind them. The ones that create genuine safety issues are the ones that bother me. And I'll say the exact same thing for cyclists.
You come off as a stereotypically arrogant and self-righteous Spandex bro. You contradicted yourself again, and what it boils down to is that the only things that matter are the things that matter to you.

Well, then that can go for everyone. So if you hate two mothers walking side-by-side on a path with their children, others can hate you for blocking traffic when you could stay farther to the right.

There is a popular cycling route in sand springs oklahoma. near the big city but in a more rural setting. the last down hill stretch has a stop sign at the bottom.

Used to be 40-50 bikes would blow this stop sign at once then oklahoma passed the law that a bicycle should be treated as a car...now they get written tickets for rolling the stop sign...pretty fucking funny:lmao:

as far as topic of thread. dude is a shit heel to plow through them cut and dry no matter how much a cyclist annoys me

Top Back Refresh