What's new

Where to sell this VW buggy?

crispins

FJB
Member Number
Loc
Pigeon Forge, TN
I am ready to sell this and buy myself the daily I have been wanting, a turbo swapped older GS300

I submitted it to BAT and was surprised to not get accepted.

This thing is beautiful and done with nothing but the highest quality parts.

There is a build on Samba from start to finish and it took 12 years.

There is only 1,000 miles on it.

It looks better in person than the pictures show it.

Where and when do you think I should list this?

20200504_154047.jpg
20200506_204515 (1).jpg
20200506_204744.jpg
20200504_135900.jpg

buggy while driving.jpg

Have you figured out why it isn't renting?

My honest opinion is it looks too expensive. People are probably afraid to fuck it up. I think different wheels would drastically change the opinion.

Do those headlights work worth a damn?

Compared to the stock ones they do :laughing:

I always liked the big speed buggy looking lights.

I had a real nice one of these in Highschool. It was cut down 14" and a had braced the pan with box tubing inside the outer channel. I wish I never sold it.

Put a for sale sign on it and park it next to the road

racing junk. Lotta toys on that site

whats it cost to rent? and do you also sell the insurance in case I wad it up?

I submitted it to BAT and was surprised to not get accepted.

Did BAT give a reason why they declined it? I know sometimes they decline cars because of their current volume of backlogged cars.

Did BAT give a reason why they declined it? I know sometimes they decline cars because of their current volume of backlogged cars.

Here is what they said....

Thank you for submitting your car to Bring a Trailer Auctions for consideration. Unfortunately, we do not feel that your 1965 Volkswagen Dune Buggy is a good fit for our site and audience. We are inundated

The Samba.com as stated, they have a cult following. My brother has a 64 IMP with a Corvair 6 in it, scary beast!

Here is what they said....

Thank you for submitting your car to Bring a Trailer Auctions for consideration. Unfortunately, we do not feel that your 1965 Volkswagen Dune Buggy is a good fit for our site and audience. We are inundated

was there more to it?

I'd be daily driving it and writing it off 😉😁

So you still haven't said what you're asking for it.

$20k

So there are no other sites like BAT that have good car buying people on it?

I can't see ebay bringing good money for it.

I am still surprised about BAT not wanting it, they have sold 2 Exocets which are not near as nice of a car as this buggy is.

Where do you think this car should be listed at?

People here keep saying 'Why does it not rent?" It doesn't really matter, it doesn't rent. It is not worth it to keep it parked out in the sun all day and not go out.

What are the specs on the motor and trans?

What are the specs on the motor and trans?

Why?

This is not a fast buggy.

Besides the dual carbs it is a stock setup.

The money on this build is in all the parts.

I just wanted to be pointed in the right direction on where to list this thing at.

Every part on this vehicle is high end, 1000's of hours of labor.

Me and a few buddies have a online auction through a local auction house going with a bunch of our collector cars. This is a legit auction company they take great pictures and have a email list of over 165,000 people. We are amazed what they are bringing with a week to go yet. Nows the time to sell man. I have my m715 on it and would have been happy to get 3500 for it it’s bringing over 6400 :smokin: We have a week to go before it over. Best part is all I have to do is go collect the check, no fb marketplace retards to deal with, no stupid phone calls, no whiners.

when I come down there to visit again I will be renting a Exocet! The buggy looks awesome, I really appreciate the attention to detail on that thing but wouldn’t be caught dead driving it ;(. It’s not for me. I am not surprised it’s not renting good.

Last edited:
Why?

This is not a fast buggy.

Besides the dual carbs it is a stock setup.

The money on this build is in all the parts.

I just wanted to be pointed in the right direction on where to list this thing at.

Every part on this vehicle is high end, 1000's of hours of labor.

Really?! Why? Well, because I know somebody that might be interested in buying it. But since you wanna be a dick about it I will not help you. You're welcome.

People here keep saying 'Why does it not rent?" It doesn't really matter, it doesn't rent. It is not worth it to keep it parked out in the sun all day and not go out.

just curious is why, it seems like it should, on paper, be a great fit for the area and business so it is surprising to hear that it isn't paying it's own way. maybe it just puts out a different vibe, I dunno, but it is interesting

Top Back Refresh